SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : I Am Struggling

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

I Am Struggling

Please pray for me, I am really struggling at the moment with repentance, forgiveness, my flesh and eternal security.

Hebrews 6 could be true for me, and that is a scary thought.

Please pray that I get brought to repentance, [b]true[/b] repentance, and that if I cannot, that I will not blame God. I know it is my own fault.

Thankyou.

2007/2/16 10:43
JaySaved

Missouri

Re: I Am Struggling

Brother,

I pray these verses bring comfort:

Jude 1:24-25, "Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen."

1 John 1:9, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Romans 8:1, "There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

Romans 8
28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Trust in the faithfulness of God my brother.

2007/2/16 11:07Profile
pastorfrin

richardf,

If you are going to look at Heb. 6, then look also at these scriptures and rejoice in the Lord, for
2 Peter 2:9
The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

Romans 8:18-39
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. [19] For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. [20] For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, [21] Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. [22] For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. [23] And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. [24] For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? [25] But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it. [26] Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. [27] And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. [28] And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. [29] For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. [30] Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. [31] What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? [32] He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? [33] Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. [34] Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. [35] Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? [36] As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. [37] Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. [38] For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, [39] Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 John 1:5-2:2
This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. [6] If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: [7] But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. [8] If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. [9] If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. [10] If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
[2:1] My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: [2] And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Remember, richardf, Romans 8:37
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Praying for you, Victory in Jesus Forever and Amen,

pastorfrin

2007/2/16 11:18Profile

Hi Richard,

I'd like to suggest a slightly different approach from what your request implies, particularly with regard to what you call 'true' repentance.

My experience with any kind of repentance was been truly bleak, because I was wounded and needed healing, first. Many times it was myself who had caused the damage, but then I was weaker.... and the Lord understands this principle. He is willing to heal, that we may become strong enough to turn away from sin.

'True' repentance does come, but as part of the growing relationship between oneself and God, not as a condition to approaching Him - for instance, for healing. Simply, we must approach Him with great honesty of heart.

If you are falling on the same point again and again, maybe you have to take an even deeper look at what you think (before you sin) you are going to gain through sinning. What does this sin solve....? Seriously.... And by that, I don't mean [i]therefore carry on sinning[/i] I mean, [i]therefore bring that [u]need[/u] [b]to the Lord for [u]Him[/u] to meet[/b][/i], and then you may be able to STOP sinning.

One last thought, is that if you keep reaching the same crossroads, and always make what you know is the wrong choice, you really do have to come to a place in your [i]heart[/i], where you are going to do whatever it takes, not to make that choice next time - [i]anything[/i] to break the cycle. Don't expect overcoming sin to be easy. I do believe the Lord can break the power of specific sins / idolatries, if we ask Him to. After that, we must [i][b]intend[/b][/i] to walk in our liberty from them. And, it would be better [i]not[/i] to pray, than to pray half-heartedly. In that case, seek the Lord for singleness of heart, first.

2007/2/16 15:45
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

When David was struggling he would look to God's past mercies...
O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.(Psa 42:6)
I think we often remember the wrong things, allowing the accuser to get the advantage. Perhaps you would be helped if you remembered when the grace of God first came in Christ to visit your soul. Perhaps you would care to share that testimony here?

When it seems like heaven is hid from your eyes, remember what Paul said... "but out of them all the Lord delivered me."

In Christ,

Ron

2007/2/16 15:49Profile

Quote:
Hebrews 6 could be true for me, and that is a scary thought.

If your thinking of returning under the law and forsaking the sacrifice of Jesus Christ as your subsitute, than you should be afraid. However, you don't seem to fit in this catagory.

Your probably, like most of us, fell into sin and than you can't stand yourself, your swimming in condemnation etc..etc..

As far as I am concerned as what I have read of your post, you've already repented, what your looking for are some tears to go with it, some emotion to make you feel that your saved.

And if that is true, we've all been there. Martin Luther was doing the same thing when he was climbing the stairs on his knees to some holy shrine when he received an illumination that "The Just shall live by His Faith" HABAKKUK 2:4, ROMANs 1:17

Listen to a few uplifting sermons of encouragement, and you'll be O.K.

If I may suggest Carter Conlon @ [url=http://www.tscnyc.org/sermons.php]Message Entitled Hunger For The Bible January 2006[/url]

2007/2/16 16:07
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: Struggling is Good!

Quote:
my flesh and eternal security.

Brother, these two things are colossal issues. Frankly, I don't blame you for stuggling with the "eternal security" thing, because in light of [i]all[/i] New Testament contextualized scripture, it is a pretty irksome and unstable concept.

As far as struggling with the flesh, the fact that you [i]do[/i] struggle is indeed a good and healthy sign! Any physician will tell you the louder and more vehemently a new-born baby cries, the healthier it is. The more resolutely it fights to achieve a certain goal (milk, dry diapers, comfort and attention) is the surest indication of life and progess.

So, fight, brother! Fight the flesh, and when you're tempted, don't give in. And don't run from it either, by asking the Lord to remove it. Instead, ask the Lord for the [i]wisdom[/i] of possessing overcoming strength. This is how you get stronger in Christ, by adding weight and resistance. Count it all [i]joy[/i] when you fall in divers temptations, knowing that the end result is the perfectioning of patience. And through the patient endurance of all sorts of trials, God will give you dynamic progression in growth and wisdom and strength and humility. If you don't overcome what you are facing now, it will never go away; all your life you will systematically struggle with and avoid the same measley 10 lbs. weight.

Ah, but God wants to eventually add 20 lbs., 30 lbs, but He can't do it till you're ready. He'll never give you too much where you can't lift it, but he [i]wants[/i] to add the weight, because its the weight that builds Christian character and endurance. This is how James could say that blessed is the man that [i]endureth[/i] temptation, for when he is tried, he shall receive the "crown of life" which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Notice, again - when he is "tried". Learn this now: The school of God is full of "tests" that all of us (including you) are capable of passing according to our level in maturity.

Brother Paul

2007/2/16 16:13Profile

Brother, it sounds as if you are under condemnation rather than conviction. The first is of Satan, the second is the Holy Spirit.

Not to underestimate the sins you speak of, but your response seems to be near despair. And the fact that you don't [i]want[/i] to sin shows, in itself, that you don't have a heart of rebellion against the Lord.

I believe your fear is due to Enemy attack, and is a lie of Satan to get you away from the Lord.

If the Enemy can't get us to turn away from God through habitual sin then he pushes us to the opposite extreme, accusing. I've been there, many times (the Lord has done so much to deal with the roots of guilt, rejection etc this past year or so) and can understand how you must feel.

A passage that has helped me is Zechariah 3. The High Priest is standing in the place of service to God - but in [i]filthy[/i] clothes!

He wants to serve the Lord, but how can he? How dare he come into the Presence dressed like that! And of course Satan is there accusing him, trying to destroy him.

Then the Voice of the Lord rings out, "TAKE AWAY THE FILTHY RAGS FROM HIM!"

Now he is naked! But the command goes forth to reclothe him, cleanse him, and put the crown or holiness to the Lord on him again.

I pray that this might be your experience very soon.

in Him

Jeannette

2007/2/16 16:37
SDE

Arizona

Re:

Richard,

Keep seeking God, brother. Keep knocking until He opens the door. I'm praying for you.

2007/2/16 21:17Profile

Re:

Brother,

It's been my own experience that this is the one area that will stunt your growth more than anything.

The devil wants you to doubt your salvation. He don't want you to have any peace. If he can get you to doubt, than he's got you. God is not the author of confusion, so you can bet that that doubt is coming from satan.

The bible says in Rom. 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we HAVE PEACE with GOD, through the Lord Jesus Christ. It's a done deal brother. No matter how much YOU might doubt it, it's a done deal. You could swing over hell on a rotten vine brother and be just as safe as in heaven.

Do you believe Jesus died on the cross for your sins? Do you believe he rose again on the third day? Do you believe he is Gods son? Have you asked him to save you? Than if youve never been saved and you believe that, than you just got saved. Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

It's that simple.

You can't work up enough emotion to save you. You can't be guilty enough for your sins to save you. You can't give up enough sin to save you. It's not about your LEVEL of sincerity, or if your sorry enough for your sins.

Thank God it's not about you or me.

It's all about Jesus. HE did it all. Just except his free gift. It's free! It's free! YOU don't have to do ANYTHING!

OHHHH!!!!! Thank you Jesus! He loves you brother. He loves you He loves you He loves you He loves you He loves you He loves you.

Grace, grace, grace, grace, grace, grace thank God for grace!!!!

Except the free gift and let the repentance come as it comes.

2007/2/16 22:56

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy