SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Repentance, Passion and Jesus and Purity

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Repentance, Passion and Jesus and Purity

I need a new passion for Jesus and more conviction of sin and a greater hunger for him.
I feel so dry at the moment!!
I so want to be pure, I have been reading some of david brainards book.
Can you also pray for a person in are church called Mary whos husband is not saved

2006/7/17 14:19Profile
Compton

Re: Repentance, Passion and Jesus

Hey Dom,

You have expressed blessed hunger pangs, yet there is this...

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

As we pray for our revival, I wonder if our dissapointment is not because God waits to visit us, but for some reason we are waiting to open the door to him. I am testing my own heart here.

MC

2006/7/17 14:41Profile

Re: Repentance, Passion and Jesus and Purity

Hey brother,

If I can speak from my heart I would like to share something with you. As i heard Tozer say in one of his messages I think "Youre trying too hard". Just like salvation weve made repentance so complcated that people can't even make a simple decision. It's kind of like this.

This is what the devil will tell you. (You're not sorry enough for your sins. You've got to bow lower. You've got to pray harder. You're not shedding enough tears. You've got to scream lowder. You don't mean that with youre WHOLE heart! That's not TRUE repentance!

Weve made it soooo hard that people can't make a simple decision to repent and follow Christ.

It's not all peaches and cream. Theres times when were in the valley. You can't grow when youre on the mountain.

There is a line between true Holy Spirit driven zeal, and fanatacism. I know all about both of them because I've been on both ends. you can also work yourself up into and emotional state to mimic the power of the Holy Spirit and this takes a decisive heart to pick up on it.

Satan is very deceptive so watch out. Be sober be vigilant!

J-bird

Be careful and ask the lord to open youre eyes to understanding and ask him to give you wisdom, and He will.

2006/7/17 21:56
Compton

Re:

Quote:
This is what the devil will tell you. You're not sorry enough for your sins. You've got to bow lower. You've got to pray harder. You're not shedding enough tears. You've got to scream lowder. You don't mean that with youre WHOLE heart! That's not TRUE repentance!

I found these to be helpful thoughts...

For many of us, repentence would be better started with rest because our sin is that we don't trust the Lord enough to stop running around trying to find that elusive spiritual key.

J-Bird's comments remind me of Watchman Nees little book "Sit, Walk Stand." In it Nee looks at the book of Ephesians, and develops this wonderful theme that the Christian begins first by 'sitting' before walking, and then stands.

He encourages us by pointing out that our fellowship with Christ is not based on how we "try" but how we "trust,"...not depending upon our own strength but upon His" Another memorable quote from the book is "Our task is one of holding, not of attacking. We do not fight for victory, we fight from victory"

Blessings Dom!

MC

2006/7/17 22:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy