SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : FEATURED SERMON: "And They Crucified Him" by Art Katz

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 FEATURED SERMON: "And They Crucified Him" by Art Katz

[b]FEATURED SERMON: "And They Crucified Him
" by Art Katz[/b]

And They Crucified Him
Empty entertainment/worship sung by pretty people -Doctrinally-correct sermons devoid of power -Sunday-only Christian lives barely distiguishable from the world All these and many more ills are symptoms of a disease Art clearly identifies in this message. It's such a fundamental thing, our understanding of the cross. It's an indictment of our lives and the current impetence of the church. In the final analysis, unless we know ‘Christ and Him crucified,’ our knowledge of God will be false.

Katz speaks with exacting truth and reality! Our Christianity doesn't cost us much these days. Oh to see the reality of what the Apostle spoke of 2000 years ago: "the world is crucified unto me..." (Galatians 6:14).

2006/5/14 19:15Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: FEATURED SERMON: "And They Crucified Him" by Art Katz

This is one of those messages... Well done to bring this back out again Greg. Have probably listened to this I don't know how many times.

Here is a older, related post;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=5592&forum=34&post_id=&refresh=Go]"And They Crucified Him" by Art Katz[/url]

As well as a written transcript;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=1082&forum=35&post_id=&refresh=Go] And They Crucified Him by Art Katz[/url]

Would mention that it is recommended if you are able to listen to the audio, there is always that which doesn't quite 'translate'.

2006/5/14 20:00Profile
repentcanada

Re:

Brother Greg will the featured sermon soon be reflected on the "Featured Sermon" banners that are on various sites?

Thanks, looking forward to this sermon.

2006/5/14 20:50Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Brother Greg will the featured sermon soon be reflected on the "Featured Sermon" banners that are on various sites?

Brother Ricki, I am going to be making the featured sermon banner a generic podcast banner and when people push on it, it will subscribe them to the podcast so that they can automatically be updated with the sermons. This way hopefully the subscription level can increase for the podcast.

2006/5/15 13:47Profile
repentcanada

Re:

Brother this may be ignorant but do I need an IPod to see the podcast?

2006/5/15 17:59Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

No you will subscribe to it with www.itunes.com software, its a very simple process. It will be clear once I setup the podcasts.

2006/5/15 18:11Profile
repentcanada

Re:

Just heard this sermon several days ago. It's very, very impacting. Thanks for posting it.

2006/5/21 13:04Profile
Compton

Re:

"And They Crucified Him" really is a timely message today. A year later, after listening to it yet again, I hear new things to mull over.

This time a single comment stayed with me.

American Church, in too many cases, has become a ghetto for the middle class. (My paraphrase)I had hoped that my limited experience confirming this was merely some exceptional andedotal evidence...and not the norm.

My goodness, there is a lot implied in Art's observation. 70 years ago, many German Christians lamented that their churches had lost touch with the suffering and the outcast, attracting only proper bourgeois saints and high minded artisans. Concerned Christians, unwilling to bargain with this system, had to meet in homes, farms, and businesses.

If serious hard times are coming to our country, as some predict, many 501c organizations may have to shut their doors...and also start meeting in places where people live and work.

During this storm many churches may look out and think they see an ominous spirit on the horizon...but perhaps it will be a Jesus they can't recognize, walking on the tossing waves, coming to rescue souls from self-reliance, and complacency.

Help us recognize you Lord.

MC

2006/5/22 3:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy