SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : free will in heaven

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Ha Andy, you're a trip. You talk like some kinda bebop musician. Haaaa.

I sure do love you brother. Amen ... and not to worry ... I betcha you spent most of today listening to sermons ... didn't want you to pull this thing off on anyone, that you're not a believer or something ... not that you were trying to do that ...but, don't want to mess with heads that way ... I know better, nah nah :-P .

Funny about things, but Crsschk and I were just looking at the Emergent Church movement a few weeks ago on some thread. Can't imagine why I'd bring that up :-? .
Maybe I was thinking about, "discernment" only comes to those who are SAVED. :-D

TTYL

2006/3/25 20:10

Re:

u kill me haha yeah thelonious monk of the church..i am saved but i am not where i should be and it frustrating i want to knowwwwwwww lol..and on a serious note not knowing makes me very susceptible to the things this church is encouraging i.e feelings..ive been very blessed in some ways ive kept away from most apostasy in the church haha maybe 'cause i dont go rofl

andy

2006/3/25 20:24

Re:

Ha, seriously. You're last 5 words cracked me up. Amen.

Hey, listen Andy, I'm afraid you're going to be machine gunned here.

Can I suggest you read Mike's Crsschks post on this thread. And look for Logic's posts on ...
Awwwww, man, I forgot which thread it was now, but he did a great one on Soteriology. (the salvation doctrine) he's got that doctrine nailed too.

Here's Mike's post....

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=10025&forum=36

Edited: Ha, they're both on that link. Oh boy, so much for my memory.

2006/3/25 20:50

Re:

God bless anyone with a memory. 8-)

Lord bless those who know where to go for help.

There are many good brothers on here Andy.

Just look out for legalists out there. They're faith destroyers.

And don't trust "feelings" ... like on that other post .... Faith .... Hebrews 11.

Resting on the promises.
Love to you.
Annie again

2006/3/25 21:26
Graftedbranc

Re: free will in heaven

Quote:
if man sinned against God because he had freewill,why wouldn't he in heaven? after all satan was able to..

I think we miss God's goal and the purpose of God's complete salvation in Christ.

First, God has not redeemed us to "go to heaven". Man was not created for heaven but for the earth, and the Bible does not end with heaven but with the New Jerusalem in the New Earth (Rev 21-22).

Rev 21:2 "And I saw the holy city, Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a Bride adorned for Her husband."

God's intent is to have redeemed, regenerated, sanctified, transformed, conformed, and transfigured man as His corporate dwelling place on the new earth as the Eternal Bride of Christ, the House of God, the One New Man, and the City of God.

THe New Jeruslem is not a literal City made of physical materials but is a sign (Rev. 1:1) showing us the eternal Divine/human incorporation. God dwelling in man and man dwelling in God as a universal couple. she is as John tells us, the Bride of Christ, the wife of the Lamb (21:9), having the glory of God (21:11), of pure gold (the Divine Nature), etc.

By the time all of God's redeemed reach the New Heavens and New Earth, we will all have been fully transformed, matured, sanctified, and conformed to the image of the First born son of God, fully constituted with His Life, living in resurrection, and living by Christ as our indwelling Life, holiness, rightousness, wisdom, and every other Divine Attribute which can be lived out in human virtues.

And this One who is our Life has conquered sin, death, hell, Satan, and everything which is contrary to God by terminating it on the Cross. There will be nothing of the Old creation, nothing of sin, nothing of fallen humanity in the New Creation. Only what is in resurrection permeated with the Divine Life will be in the New Jerusalem.

Romans 8:29 Because those whom He forknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the First Born among many brothers"

2 Cor 3:18 "For we all with unveiled face, beholding and reflecting like a mirror the Glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the Same image from glory to glory, even as from the Lord Spirit."

In that day we, as the body of Christ will be fully conformed to the Head, fully constituted with His Life as the many sons of God expressing Him, having His glory and manifesting God from within us ("out of his innermost being shall flow rivers of Living water)"

1 John 3:2 "Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not yet been manifested what we shall be. We know that if He is manifested, we shall be like Him for we shall see Him even as He is"

The issue of the Divine Life we recieve in the New Birth is to conform us to the image of Christ, to grow up in us as the Divine Seed, to produce the many sons of God, to make us all the same as He is in life and nature but not in the Godhead.

Graftedbranch

2006/3/27 7:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy