SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Microchip implants, GPS and Jesus

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: strengthening our faith

sis Diane
our perception of God has been twisted from that of a very sovereign God to a teddy-bear who wouldn't let His children suffer. If Christ the Son of God who was without blame suffered, what right to we have to think we won't have to endure some persecution. i guess this is why i'm somewhat leary of the whole pre-trib rapture as most people see it, we get swept away unscathed. i feel more and more that before people are caught up, there will be persecution. a quick look at the O.T. will show us another side of God, then people will say the O.T. is irrelevent, but then again don't we say the Lord is the same yesterday, today and forever?

you also said

Quote:
Or we could live in fear about it. However, even then, we may be no different than our fear driven culture which constantly seeks to reduce the potential of harm, while remaining in in denial about the futility of their self-protective measures.

i'd like to key in on the 1st sentence. we've become a part of our culture as opposed to being a culture (if i may use that) entirely different from what is all about us. the Lord hasn't given us a spirit of fear, we have the peace of the Lord which suprasses all understanding. For us who have given our lives to God we need not live in fear because the Lord has His hand upon us which means whatever comes our way He has equipped us for. for those who will surely be martryed or endure other persecutions, the Lord very Spirit will be the means by which we shall all endure whatever befalls us.

Quote:
Even though Scripture frequently reminds us not to put our trust in anything in this world, I think that our trust in things in this world is woven through the fabric of our entire being - individually and collectively - more than we realize.

indeed sister, we are not of this world yet we live in it so in some way we are affected by it. being that it is we are not of this world we must dissociate ourselves from it by cleaving to God, seeking after Him and doing as He would have us do.

Quote:
I guess what I'm really trying to know is this: How can we be sure our sense of faith and security in God is not simply denial - an illusion.

well i think when the trouble begins in earnest we will know what manner of faith we have if its live or memorex. this i think is the reason behind trial and tribulation (or one of them at least) to test our faith in God to see if it's in word only or in deed.

Quote:
As Iromnan said, we need to be ready. But how can we be ready for something that is not a reality to us? I wonder if a lot of our measures are like trying to build up our muscles by reading a book about muscles.

the whole idea or things falling apart is abstract to us all in some regard and for us to know if our preparations are adequate, we must go before the Lord and have Him show us what we are lacking. i think it ties into how we deal with sin in our own lives, if we don't let the Lord show us what we are in His sight with regard to this, i doubt we'd be open to Him showing us what manner of faith we have :-( let us seek the Lord honestly and desperately that He may show us what we are and what we ought to do.

indeed sister, may God Himself strengthen our faith.AMEN.

2006/2/7 22:24Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
As Iromnan said, we need to be ready. But how can we be ready for something that is not a reality to us? I wonder if a lot of our measures are like trying to build up our muscles by reading a book about muscles.

I have the same question. Here is perhaps one suggestion for an end times training program.

"Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:

But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; ...

Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, [see that ye] love one another with a pure heart fervently...

For all flesh [is] as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever..."

These scriptures consider the future within the discipline of living in the now. The sobriety to live faithfully with the moments we are given is really the only training I can think of...I known a few spiritual giants who can't seem to be reliable in the ordinary small mundane things. I admire their great courage and passion, but they lack the discipline of the moment. They seem to know deep secrets but can't seem to concentrate on their own families or their work.

In the course God has given each of us to run, some of us are spiritual rabbits and others are tortoises if you know what I mean. Tortoises remind me of what Abe Lincoln once said..."I may walk slow but I never walk backwards."

Quote:
but I've learned that I must always face HEAD ON, anything that I sense fear over.

I can really understand that sister.

MC

2006/2/8 2:22Profile

Re: it is by the Lord's own mercy

Quote:
it speaks about us learning to [b]endure[/b] suffering

Diane, I've just recently noticed the word 'endure' in Heb 12:2.
Quote:
but to be among those who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

MC - I love Peter. For all his supposed lack of education, he sure has a way with words.
Quote:
The Lord has been most gracious in allowing us to felloship like this and be used of Him to minister to one another to stay encouraged therefore to God be all the praises, glory and honour.AMEN.

This might be an understatement, bro Ironman, but I agree with it wholeheartedly. Thank you for putting our hearts into words. 8-)

EDIT: Yeah, Annie. I'm challenged by that 'head on' statement. I think I need to eat some of it today.

2006/2/8 5:53
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

sis dorcas

Quote:
This might be an understatement, bro Ironman, but I agree with it wholeheartedly. Thank you for putting our hearts into words.

that's the beauty of being one in fellowship in the Lord!

2006/2/9 23:46Profile
TonyS

Kansas City, Missouri

Re: Microchip Implants

read this story from the AP today, wanted to post it on this thread.

tonys

[u][b][size=small]Workers Have Chips Embedded Into Them[/size][/b][/u]
Mon Feb 13, 6:25 PM ET

CINCINNATI - Tiny silicon chips were embedded into two workers who volunteered to help test the tagging technology at a surveillance equipment company, an official said Monday.

The Mexico attorney general's office implanted the so-called RFIDs — for radio frequency identification chips — in some employees in 2004 to restrict access to secure areas. Implanting them in the workers at CityWatcher.com is believed to be the first use of the technology in living humans in the United States.
Sean Darks, chief executive of the company, also had one of the chips embedded.
"I have one," he said. "I'm not going to ask somebody to do something I wouldn't do myself. None of my employees are forced to get the chip to keep their job."

The chips are the size of a grain of rice and a doctor embedded them in the forearm just under the surface of the skin, Darks said.
They work "like an access card. There's a reader outside the door; you walk up to the reader, put your arm under it, and it opens the door," Darks said.
Darks said the implants don't enable CityWatcher.com to track employees' movements.
"It's a passive chip. It emits no signal whatsoever," Darks said. "It's the same thing as a keycard."

CityWatcher.com has contracts with six cities to provide cameras and Internet monitoring of high-crime areas, Darks said. The company is experimenting with the chips to identify workers with access to vaults where data and images are kept for police departments, he said.
The technology predates World War II, but has appeared in numerous modern adaptations, such as tracking pets, vehicles and commercial goods at warehouses.

After Hurricane Katrina, as body counts mounted and missing-person reports multiplied, some morgue workers in Mississippi used the tiny computer chips to keep track of unidentified remains

2006/2/13 23:53Profile
arbustum

Sydney Australia

Re: Microchip implants, GPS and Jesus

yeah one of my good friends, his calling was to notify people of the times and the things to look out for like it says in revelations, he is, as he claimed and it still sits well in my spirit, called to make aware the people of the times and signs to look for. this was something he told me about. this is what was said:

its insertation directly conflicts with our faith, it directly conflicts with Christianity, to have it inserted you will be called to renounce your faith, now i dont know whether it will be administered to people by anti-christian men or whether it will just conflict with the faith by principal but as surely as you cannot have two masters you cannot accept this chip and the faith, this is what was told to me. he said at all costs refuse it, even if you have to die in struggle. it was suggested a martyrdom not a suicide. it was also said that this is in the final hours. guys we need to get the word out to people who ahvent yet heard it. every ear must have the chance to hear the word and given the chance to believe and be saved.

im not taking the risk. not under any circumstances will i accept this chip. it isnt vital in my cause. i can still talk to people without one in me.

my friend also said they were inserting them in under the skin of the neck just behind the ear lobe and i think it was the wrist or top of the hand. i just feel so sad hearing about this, but at the same time, it means we're so close to home...

2006/2/21 10:34Profile
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Re:

John wrote Revelation to believers in the 1st century so they could understand what would happen in the last days. Now, while the Spirit may have given John a vision of governments and employers implanting microchips for IDs and credit card purchases, he was terribly misguided if he thought his readers would understand his vision in that way. They were supposed to hear and understand, according to Christ and John. They didn't have lanterns, let alone lightbulbs, let alone electronic microchips and computers. If this is what they were supposed to understand, the church would have long tossed the Revelation out b\c John was kooky.

I do not believe the Bible teaches that a microchip will damn someone to hell and negate the grace of God, nor will rejecting a microchip get you to heaven.

Zac Poonen has a good perspective on these passages of scripture: http://poonen.org/zac/the_final_triumph.html

2006/2/22 0:29Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
I do not believe the Bible teaches that a microchip will damn someone to hell and negate the grace of God, nor will rejecting a microchip get you to heaven.

Perhaps the real danger is that things like the microchip, etc can be like a red herring - that is they distract us. While we are running after "red-herrings" the enemy is subtly drawing us away.

The enemy works in the spiritual realm, it deceives through working on our minds, not our skin. The enemy influences us to fear what we are not to fear. It seeks to weaken our faith in Christ, and our understanding of his ways.

If we do not have spiritual discernment, we are in danger, because there will always be temptations bombarding us. Not only that, without spiritual discernment we may mistaken the work of God for the work of the devil. It happens a lot.

Diane

2006/2/22 10:25Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re: understand the differences

i like your anwser!

when learning how to interpret scripture, people must understand when the bible is speaking in typology and literal translation. You don't have to be a learned man to understand this you just have to have the holy spirit to guide you, just a quick interpretation is- the mark of the beast 666 - the text is symbolic but also spiritual this is a spiritual discription and means

6 represents man to say it three times is to say man, man, man this is describing man's heart and the attitude he has towards God, so the sign is when men's hearts focus entirey on them selves without God in there lives, we are seeing the end times. Can we not see that today!

2006/2/22 12:30Profile
roadsign

Re: puzzle pieces of prophesy

Quote:
You don't have to be a learned man to understand this you just have to have the Holy Spirit to guide you,

You know, it just occurred to me that the passages about the image, the beast, 666, etc never include adminishions to the church to try to figure them out, or guard against them. They are just mentioned as a future historical fact.

In Revelation all the instructions to the churches are in chapters 2 and 3. If we follow the specific instructions given to us, then the rest will fall into place. Note that the instructions all have to do with getting our relationship with Christ in order - to be overcomers.

It's like doing a puzzle. First we put in the pieces we know will fit in. We see part of the picture forming. Then towards the end, the more difficult pieces will just drop into their spot. So, why put in the difficult pieces when there may not be the appropriate spot for them to fit into. (without cramming and jamming and assuming)

May we grow in knowledge in the areas where God calls us to grow, and many we allow God to transform us by the renewing of our minds. (Rom. 12:2)

Diane

2006/2/22 15:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy