SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Microchip implants, GPS and Jesus

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Mike,

You are really hot and all because I said there isn't much interest in talking about Eschatology here ?

And name calling ? Spiritual Pride, etc. ?

You can judge what I've said, but don't judge my heart.

If folks have told me and said on here, that they don't like to get into the subject of Eschatology enough times that I stopped a thread on it ... how is that spiritual pride talking ? How is that, "concocting things in my mind" ?
In other words, you're now adding "delusional" to the "spiritual pride", with your name calling.

Do you even realize the gravity of your words now ?

One thing you did just remind me of "from the past" is just that ... the name calling, instead of just dealing with the words written.

Pro 20:9 Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?
Pro 20:10 Divers weights, and divers measures, both of them are alike abomination to the LORD.

2006/2/6 2:04
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Annie,

There is a great problem in misunderstanding intent and I believe it is 'bearing false witness'. It is almost alarming how often it can come up and still not be recognized.

It is redundant, but it is this idea of climbing into other peoples minds and expressing their thoughts by presumption and it is wrong and wrong headed. In fact it is so sinister and maybe subtle enough at points in between, to expose it is too get caught in it's trap.

I think I have done so here as you pointed out and I do apologize for it where I went too far but it was an attempt to judge by your words. That is not a defense. It is grievous to hear these things bandied about one against another due to differences of opinion. That is what the attempt was to draw attention to, again your own words;

Quote:
But I did not post that as a way for those here, who don't like eschatology, to find a way to mock their way out of it.

Quote:
Sorry guys, but when you give eschatology less focus than the N.T. does, then that is just as self-righteous, pious or half-sighted as you've accused others of being.

Those are accusations and they are not warranted, nor necessary. They bare false witness of intent and motive that has not been expressed here in this particular posting. Why state them?

More broadly, there has been plenty of discussion elsewhere of Eschatology on this site and if there is a difference of opinion or that some will bring a word of caution in these things should not warrant such unnecessary comments, those excerpted above here.

We need to examine ourselves, our words and our own intents and motivations. Again, my apologies for doing the same here.

To the matter at hand and maybe by way of unraveling some misunderstandings here. Did you happen to read the other link presented that parallels this discussion? You may be surprised not only what I may think personally (which is really of no particular consequence, my own understanding of this falls closer to the line of "I don't know", God knows and I trust Him ... it's in flux) but would take note of Roberts response there as it applies to this.

2006/2/6 10:29Profile

Re:

Quote:
Did you happen to read the other link presented that parallels this discussion? You may be surprised not only what I may think personally (which is really of no particular consequence, my own understanding of this falls closer to the line of "I don't know", God knows and I trust Him ... it's in flux) but would take note of Roberts response there as it applies to this.

Could someone please direct me to this link mentioned here.

thanks
me again

2006/2/6 11:59

Re:

Quote:
Thank you Brother IRONMAN, for not getting mad at me for stealing your name. I've yet to earn that name ... [b]but the fires are getting hotter everyday[/b]. Maybe by next year.

Hey, I take a lot of heat sometimes... and still people ask me where I got the name "Krispy"!! LOL

Krispy

2006/2/6 12:15

Re:

OK... I've been silent. I like the thoughts expressed on this thread so far. A lot of great points.

Someone mentioned that most believers were convinced that the USSR would play a big role in End Times events, but they are no more. While true that the USSR is "no more", Russia still [b]is[/b]. And Russia and China are allies, and China is growing stronger by the day. Russia is in bed with Iran. Russia is still very active and still a threat. Sure, their economy is in bad shape... and their people are hungry. But ya know what? When I am hiking I would much rather come across a bear with a full belly than one thay just woke up from hibernation.

The middle east... Ray Charles could see that that is a powder keg ready to blow.

Iran? Same thing.

Is the US innocent? No, of course not. (altho it's still the best place to be! I'm biased, I know.) But we're still allied strongly with Israel, and I really believe that as long as we stay that way we will have a certain amount of protection from God... because He promised that.

No one can predict when things will happen. I dont need a prophet to tell me that we live in perilous times. If that was the case, Wolf Blitzer would be a prophet.

Fact is, none of us have any control over whats happening. If we did we wouldnt be exercising faith in God. God is in control, and thats all I need to know. Hard times will come. America could fall BEFORE the rapture (altho I happen to believe the rapture will be a contributing factor to America's fall, should it fall).

We're soft in this country, and in Europe and most developed nations. None of us have seen the persecution that the Chinese believers have seen. Or believers in the old USSR. Or all down thru history. The Catholic Church mercilously persecuted the Waldensian believers... and I mean brutally. Yet we complain if someone picks on us or calls us a name. We feel like we've "taken one for the team".

Lord I repent for ever feeling persecuted for Your Name! How wretched am I that I consider myself at times to be persecuted for You when I havent even come close.

The main thing, my friends is that we need to be focussed on Christ, and Him alone. If we're trusting in our government or in the economy, we're not trusting God.

... and thats idolatry.

... and thats a sin.

Jesus could come back before I finish this post. Have you considered at all today that we could be in heaven before we all turn in for the night? What have you done for Jesus today? What have you done to let others know today that they can escape with us?

Time is short. Be it rapture, or by death. Time is short.

I've been to the funeral of 4 people in the last two years who were in their early 40's... we dont have as much time as we think.

Dont waste it.

Krispy

2006/2/6 12:32

Re:

I like both your posts Krispy Kritter. Ha.
Now I finally know how you got your name.
Yer sizzlin' man. :-D

I didn't mean to stir it up on here ... I just get upset when I hear that "chicken little" statement and all and those folks at that verichip forum only post that stuff on that forum ... that's why that's the "name" of that Forum ... we can't judge them as being unspiritual, because we don't know where else and what else they post on some other Christian Forum.
That's obvious, because the few times I looked at it since last nite, there's never anybody there and they only have I think 108 members or something.

Forgive me to the new guy (is it Matt ?), who posted on the Verichip site, but I didn't want to come right out with hauling off on you personally, because I don't know you at all and I didn't want to say the wrong thing to you, without having read anything else by you.

I just don't like that "chicken little" stuff, where it comes to Eschatology, which I love and "it" gives me more strength then I ever thought I was capable of.

Because, unlike my brother Krispy, I'm a Post-tribber, so talk about getting "fired at" ... :-D

I may even get as Krispy as Krispy. Ha.

I believe some of us will surely give our lives, some will "remain" till the Coming of the Lord and the rest ... well .... they'll take the verichip .... ho-ho. ;-)

But I'm glad Krispy posted this thread and I appreciate his post here too.

Diane, don't forget that Rev. 1:2 is "defined" in Rev 19:10 " .... for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."

I still say though, that this subject isn't a favorite 'round here and I hope that'll change.

I 'would' like to read that thread where Robert wrote something ... if someone would tell me where it is. I really enjoy his writings also.

Thanks again Krispy for not blasting me for ruining your thread. Amen, thanks !

2006/2/6 13:51
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Quote:
Thank you Brother IRONMAN, for not getting mad at me for stealing your name.

well you're leasing it at the moment, i'll be sending you a copy of the contract and bill shortly :-P :-P :-P

love yah sis annie

2006/2/6 14:05Profile

Re:

Quote:
Now I finally know how you got your name.

Actually thats not where the nickname came from at all... but I thought in this context I would say something humorous. :-)

Quote:
Thanks again Krispy for not blasting me for ruining your thread. Amen, thanks !

I wont blast ya... and just keep posting, sharing and learning. You'll get into a groove after awhile.

Krispy

2006/2/6 14:06
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Krispy

Quote:
But ya know what? When I am hiking I would much rather come across a bear with a full belly than one thay just woke up from hibernation.

man i'm not foolin with no bears but i feel that statement.

Quote:
Is the US innocent? No, of course not. (altho it's still the best place to be! I'm biased, I know.) But we're still allied strongly with Israel, and I really believe that as long as we stay that way we will have a certain amount of protection from God... because He promised that.

well i'm not sure how much protection our alliance with Israel grants us, we sure have benefitted from it though in various increases. though our turning away from God in many respects does concern me and i doubt that helping Israel will save us from a whole lot. that's why i feel i hear the Lord telling me to tell whoever will listen to prepare for the terrible times ahead. i do think however that while America may not exist as the nation we know today, the body of believers will indeed be provided for by the Lord.

Quote:
No one can predict when things will happen. I dont need a prophet to tell me that we live in perilous times. If that was the case, Wolf Blitzer would be a prophet.

the Lord knows indeed when all this will happen and as He sees fit He will send out messengers to forewarn people.it's or responsibility then to take such things before the Lord and have Him try them for us and hold onto what's His and discard what's not. like i said though the prophet is well known for telling what will happen in the future (won't use predict coz that makes it sound like guessing) what a prophet is really is one who is in touch with the very feelings and the heart of God and speaks that to the people as He is led to, sometimes that means telling everyone, or should i say whoever will listen about what will happen in the future, near or distant.

Quote:
Fact is, none of us have any control over whats happening. If we did we wouldnt be exercising faith in God. God is in control, and thats all I need to know. Hard times will come. America could fall BEFORE the rapture (altho I happen to believe the rapture will be a contributing factor to America's fall, should it fall).

indeed the Lord is in control so it makes sense for us to seek Him concerning what is happenning now (as He leads that is) there have been rumblings of an economic collapse as early as the 4th quarter of this yr though most such news is relegated to the fringes of journalistic organizations and is not often heard on fox or cnn though a couple of weeks ago neil cavuto did ask a panel of economic experts about it and they seemed to gloss over it. since then noone on the big networks has made any mention of this.

i'm not economist nor financial expert but the idea of having an economy based on the servicing of debt somehow doesn't seem very safe... :-( as for the rapture bro Krispy i think that perhaps those that will be swept up may experience some hardships and persecution before that so we should be prepared for the worst and pray for the best so to speak.

Quote:
Lord I repent for ever feeling persecuted for Your Name! How wretched am I that I consider myself at times to be persecuted for You when I havent even come close.

AMEN bro, i echo that prayer and agree with you in Spirit.

Quote:
The main thing, my friends is that we need to be focussed on Christ, and Him alone. If we're trusting in our government or in the economy, we're not trusting God.
... and thats idolatry.
... and thats a sin

bro you're on a roll!

Quote:
Time is short. Be it rapture, or by death. Time is short.

indeed bro, many of us expect to be raptured without any licks, personally i doubt that, but few of us think martyrdom may be the Lord's plan for us. perhaps there are more martyrs than we think, perhaps you whoever you are reading this may be counted in that number?

Lord your will be done.AMEN.

2006/2/6 14:35Profile
roadsign

Re: Give space

Quote:
There is a great problem in misunderstanding intent and I believe it is 'bearing false witness'. It is almost alarming how often it can come up and still not be recognized.

Mike, second guessing people's motives and thoughts is normal (ie the norm in human behavior) Of course there is a lot of mis-judging because none of us are transparent, and words are our so very limiting, and we are sinners.

People seem pretty good here at defending themselves, and clarifying their thoughts. And when someone misjudges others, there is always someone to say, "Wait a minute" ...

I'd rather people take a "crack" at trying to understand me, even if they are wrong, than just be polite (a deadly form of "godliness")

The biggest problem I see is hypocrisy, (I don't exclude myself)and since that is so very unconscious, it can't be fixed by suppression. Suprressing it only produces a shiny "outer cup". It is better to wrestle through it and move on - even if it looks ugly at times. How can we realize it except to see it for what it is - ugly?

The back and forth bantering is allowing us to fine tune our generalizations, understand each other and ourselves better, and clarify our own thinking. It also helps us learn that just because someone misunderstands us, that doesn't mean our identity is threatened. It also allows us to discover our hypocrisy (if we are willing - but that can't be forced)

As far as it being a violation of the ninth commandmend, I think that may be a rather large leap in "second guessing" the "second guessing'. True, some may be intent on damaging others, through attributing evil, false motives to their words, but I don't think that is happening consciously. It is usually a case of the log and speck.

If I see ill will, I address it. And if I am guilty there is always someone to expose it. MeAgain has done that a few times, and I appreciate that. She is like an open book - she says what right there on her mind. Learn to listen to the heart, and find the treasure.

Why not let the checks and balances work for themeselves. May we be allowed the space?

Diane

2006/2/6 14:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy