SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Indwelling of God - by Andrew Murray

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
BranchinVINE

Australia

JESUS, THE GREAT AND ETERNAL I AM

The Lord Jesus is the Lord God of the Old Testament.

1 Cor. 10:1-4 –
For I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that our fathers were all under the cloud and all passed through the sea; and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea; and all ate the same spiritual food; and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a SPIRITUAL ROCK WHICH FOLLOWED THEM; AND THE ROCK WAS CHRIST.

Deut. 32:3-4 (YLT) –
For the NAME OF JEHOVAH I proclaim,
Ascribe ye greatness to our God!
THE ROCK! -- perfect is His work,
For all His ways are just;
God of steadfastness’, and without iniquity:
Righteous and upright is He.

(Note: Emphasis in caps mine).

His Name is: “I AM WHO I AM”.

Ex. 3:13-14 –
………Now they may say to me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?" God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

Jesus is the great and eternal I AM.

John 8:58 –
Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am."

I AM.
HE IS our Strength, our Rock, our Fortress, our Deliverer, our Refuge, our Shield and the Horn of our Salvation.

Ps. 18:1-2 –
I love You, O LORD, my strength.
The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

I AM.
HE IS our Wisdom from God, and Righteousness and Sanctification, and Redemption (1 Cor. 1:30).

The riches of Christ are unfathomable (Eph. 3:8).

Hymn – How Sweet the Name of Jesus Sounds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfumgpnshag

Lyrics:
How sweet the Name of Jesus sounds
In a believer's ear!
It soothes his sorrow, heals his wounds,
And drives away his fear.

It makes the wounded spirit whole,
And calms the troubled breast;
'Tis manna to the hungry soul,
And to the weary rest.

Dear Name! the Rock on which we build;
Our shield and hiding-place;
Our never-failing treasury, filled
With boundless stores of grace.

Jesus, our Savior, Shepherd, Friend,
Our Prophet, Priest, and King;
Our Lord, our Life, our Way, our End,
Accept the praise we bring.

Weak is the effort of our heart,
And cold our warmest thought;
But when we see Thee as Thou art,
We'll praise Thee as we ought.

Till then we would Thy love proclaim
With every fleeting breath;
And triumph in that blessed Name
Which quells the pow'r of death.

--- John Newton (1725-1807) (who also wrote “Amazing Grace”)

We are a dwelling place for Jesus Himself.

Gal. 2:20 –
………Christ lives in me………

John 17:23 (YLT) –
I in them, and Thou in me, that they may be perfected into one………

Psalms 69:36 –
And those who love His name will dwell in it.

Prov. 18:10 –
The name of the LORD is a strong tower;
The righteous runs into it and is safe.

John 14:20 –
……I am in My Father, and you in Me and I in you.

Song – I Want Jesus More Than Anything https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKz8CBY_Stw

Amen.

2019/6/19 4:35Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

THAT CHRIST MAY DWELL IN YOUR HEARTS THROUGH FAITH………THAT YOU MAY BE FILLED UP TO ALL THE FULLNESS OF GOD (EPH. 3:14-19)

Scripture:
======

Eph. 3:8 –
To me, the very least of all saints, this grace was given, TO PREACH TO THE GENTILES THE UNFATHOMABLE RICHES OF CHRIST,

2 Thess. 2:13-14 –
But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth. It was for this He called you through our gospel, THAT YOU MAY GAIN THE GLORY OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.

Col. 1:19 –
For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him,

Col. 2:9-10 (YLT) –
because in him doth tabernacle all the fulness of the Godhead bodily, and YE ARE IN HIM MADE FULL, who is the head of all principality and authority,

Eph. 3:14-19 –
For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, so THAT CHRIST MAY DWELL IN YOUR HEARTS THROUGH FAITH; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, THAT YOU MAY BE FILLED UP TO ALL THE FULLNESS OF GOD.

Eph. 4:13 –
until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, TO A MATURE MAN, TO THE MEASURE OF THE STATURE WHICH BELONGS TO THE FULLNESS OF CHRIST.

Eph. 1:22-23 –
and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, THE FULLNESS OF HIM WHO FILLS ALL IN ALL.

Col. 3:11 –
…………CHRIST IS ALL, AND IN ALL.

Col. 1:25-27 –
Of this church I was made a minister according to the stewardship from God bestowed on me for your benefit, SO THAT I MIGHT FULLY CARRY OUT THE PREACHING OF THE WORD OF GOD, THAT IS, THE MYSTERY WHICH HAS BEEN HIDDEN FROM THE PAST AGES AND GENERATIONS, BUT HAS NOW BEEN MANIFESTED TO HIS SAINTS, TO WHOM GOD WILLED TO MAKE KNOWN WHAT IS THE RICHES OF THE GLORY OF THIS MYSTERY AMONG THE GENTILES, WHICH IS CHRIST IN YOU, THE HOPE OF GLORY.

Col. 1:28 –
WE PROCLAIM HIM, admonishing every man and teaching every man with all wisdom, so that we may PRESENT EVERY MAN COMPLETE IN CHRIST.

THE GRACE OF THE LORD JESUS

John 1:16 (YLT) –
and out of HIS FULNESS did we all receive, and GRACE over-against GRACE;

Eph. 3:20-21 –
Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.

(Note: Emphasis in caps mine)

2019/6/21 1:43Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

IN THESE LAST DAYS GOD SPEAKS TO US IN HIS SON

JESUS HIMSELF is now God’s Word to us.

Heb. 1:1-2 -

Young’s Literal Translation –
In many parts, and many ways, GOD of old having spoken to the fathers in the prophets, IN THESE LAST DAYS DID SPEAK TO US IN A SON, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He did make the ages; who being the brightness of the glory, and the impress of His subsistence, bearing up also the all things by the saying of his might -- through himself having made a cleansing of our sins, sat down at the right hand of the greatness in the highest,

NASB –
GOD, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, IN THESE LAST DAYS HAS SPOKEN TO US IN HIS SON, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

JESUS HIMSELF is God’s Word.

John 1:1,14 —
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God………And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

God has nothing else to say to us.

Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End (Rev. 21:6).

EXCERPTS FROM ‘THE HOLIEST OF ALL’ BY ANDREW MURRAY:

“God has spoken in His Son!………The Son Himself had come as the Word of God to us, the bearer of the life and love of the Father. The Son Himself had come to bring us into living contact with the Divine Being; to dwell in our hearts, as He dwells in God’s heart; to be God’s Word in us as He is in God; and so to give us the living experience of what it means that God speaks to us.”

“The words of God! Oh, who can express what they ought to be worth to us! Each word carries with it all the life of God, all His saving power and love!”

“………the words of God—they are creative deeds, they give what they speak. “For He spoke and it was done” (Ps. 33:9). When God speaks in His Son, He gives Him to us—not only for us and with us but also in us. He speaks the Son out of the depths of His heart into the depths of our hearts………Let us believe the mighty quickening power that God’s Word will have.”

“God is Spirit. As such, He has no other way of communicating to us His life or His love except by entering our spirit and dwelling and working there. There, He causes Christ to dwell. And there, He speaks to us, in Christ, these words of redeeming love and power, which brings life to us.”

“God has spoken in His Son! The living Jesus—come forth from the fiery furnace of God’s holiness, from the burning glow of everlasting love—He Himself is the living Word.”

“………the divine indwelling Word reveals its power within.”

”One may know much of the Bible and the words of God and yet remain feeble. What one needs is to know the living Word, through whom God speaks, in life and power.”

“………let us bow before Him in the fourfold glory in which the Word has set Him before us. He is the Heir of all that God has. He is its Creator. He is the Upholder, too. And He is the outshining of God’s glory, the perfect Image of His substance.”

“It is in what Christ is and works that God speaks to us. In His divinity and incarnation we see what God has given us. In His life, death, and ascension we see how the gift of God enters and acts in all our human life, how complete our salvation is, and what God now asks of us. All Christ’s work is God’s word to us.”

“The work He did upon earth was but the beginning of the work He was to do in heaven………He sits on the right hand of the throne to apply His work, to dispense its blessings in heavenly power, and to maintain within us the heavenly life.”

“Once again, this is the greatness of salvation: The everlasting Father in His love speaks to me Himself in the Son. The Son shows and brings and gives me all that the Father speaks. And I have the Holy Spirit in me, fitting me to hear and know and possess and enjoy all that the Father in the Son speaks and gives.”

SCRIPTURE

John 5:39-40 –
You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to COME TO ME SO THAT YOU MAY HAVE LIFE.

(Emphasis in caps mine.)

ON CHRIST, THE SOLID ROCK, I STAND

“My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.” --- Edward Mote (1797 – 1874)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL9S5EnUDWI

2019/6/27 4:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy