SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Joel Osteen doesnt believe John 14:6

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

You know I bet the atheists Love it when we tear down each other, it's funny only if we could stick together like they do, and they do it without Christ makes you wonder sometimes why do we build up such a Christ only to tear down, everyone believer here has a mission of their own and the only reasons our flaws or imperfections during our mission are not exposed is because were not on TV or exposed in a higher fashion and I bet everyone of us here could say "THANK GOD" for that. :-)

2005/7/10 19:20Profile

Re: Joel Olsteen

Quote:
we could stick together like they do, and they do it without Christ

If I could just mention, they were born with that disposition. We all did it effortlessly, once. But, it takes a live fish to swim against the stream and that's only one reason Christians can seem disunited. The [i]only[/i] place we are one, is in Him, having been made to drink into one Spirit.

2005/7/10 19:37
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Dr. Neil T. Anderson once said:

Peoples’ lives are governed by what they have chosen to believe. That is why an unshakable faith in God and an uncompromising belief in His Word is the only foundation for Christian living. The Christian’s calling is to walk by faith according to what God says is true. The Word of God is to be lived, not just intellectually discussed. Our credibility does not hinge upon our ability to argue, nor does it depend upon our ability to convince others that we are right and therefore they must be wrong.

We will be deemed credible only when we live what we profess to believe. We best defend the faith when we glorify God in our bodies. In this way we manifest His presence in the world. Jesus said, "You will know them by their fruits" (Matt. 7:20). I would take that to mean the fruit of reproduction, as well as the fruit of the Spirit. Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control are the measure of a Spirit-filled Christian. "By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another" (Jn. 13:35).

2005/7/10 19:49Profile
roman

Re:

Quote:
2 Timothy 4:7

[i][b]I have fought the good fight[/b][/i], I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. (NKJV)

Christianity is not just fighting "a good fight" but also fighting "the good fight." As Paul had defended the faith from all false teaching, so must we as an instrument of God to save our brothers & sisters from going to the wrong path.

[u][b]BUT . . . [/b][/u]

Quote:
Jude 1:9
Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, "The Lord rebuke you!" (NKJV)

. . . we must speak with no slandering. Let gentleness be in our mouth. [b]Let's be objective and not subjective[/b] or else, I believe, we will be guilty of judging them.

In Christ,
Roman

2005/7/12 2:22Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re:

One must test the spirit,If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.
One must have an answer as to their hope. One who is a leader is expected to lead. A leader must know which way is up.

2005/7/12 2:30Profile

Re:

Quote:
. . . we must speak with no slandering. Let gentleness be in our mouth. Let's be objective and not subjective or else, I believe, we will be guilty of judging them.

That is an excellent point... and you're correct. As I admitted yesterday, I was not as objective or subjective with the words I used at the origin of the thread on Osteen.

I've always strived to stick with the issue of doctrine when talking about different church "leaders". Everyone has to admit that I have been very easy on Benny Hinn as a person... even tho he is an easy target. His doctrine and teachings are just devilish, but I have not talked about him as a person.

I think we would all do well to heed the quote that I put at the top of this post.

Krispy

2005/7/12 6:08
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Here is a letter written by Joel Osteen on his website in regards to the Larry King Interview:

Dear Friend,

Many of you have called, written or e-mailed regarding my recent appearance on Larry King Live. I appreciate your comments and value your words of correction and encouragement.

It was never my desire or intention to leave any doubt as to what I believe and Whom I serve. I believe with all my heart that it is only through Christ that we have hope in eternal life. I regret and sincerely apologize that I was unclear on the very thing in which I have dedicated my life.

Jesus declared in John 14; I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me. I believe that Jesus Christ alone is the only way to salvation. However, it wasn’t until I had the opportunity to review the transcript of the interview that I realize I had not clearly stated that having a personal relationship with Jesus is the only way to heaven. It’s about the individual’s choice to follow Him.

God has given me a platform to present the Gospel to a very diverse audience. In my desire not to alienate the people that Jesus came to save, I did not clearly communicate the convictions that I hold so precious.

I will use this as a learning experience and believe that God will ultimately use it for my good and His glory. I am comforted by the fact that He sees my heart and knows my intentions. I am so thankful that I have friends, like you, who are willing to share their concerns with me.

Thank you again to those who have written. I hope that you accept my deepest apology and see it in your heart to extend to me grace and forgiveness.

As always, I covet your prayers and I am believing for God’s best in your life

Joel Osteen
Pastor - Lakewood Church

here is a link to an real media recording of him publically repenting of the comments:
http://boss.streamos.com/real/lakewood/lakeupload/real_2_min_500k.ram

Here also is a Belief system for his church and ministry:

WE BELIEVE…the entire Bible is inspired by God, without error and the authority on which we base our faith, conduct and doctrine.

WE BELIEVE…in one God who exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God who came to this earth as Savior of the world.

WE BELIEVE…Jesus died on the cross and shed His blood for our sins. We believe Jesus rose from the dead and is coming again. We believe that eternal salvation is found only by placing our faith in Jesus Christ and what he did for us on the cross.

WE BELIEVE…water baptism is a symbol of the cleansing power of the blood of Christ and an outward testimony to our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

WE BELIEVE…in the regular taking of Communion as an act of remembering what the Lord Jesus did for us on the cross.

WE BELIEVE…every believer should be in a growing relationship with Jesus by obeying God’s Word, yielding to the Holy Spirit and by being conformed to the image of Christ.

WE BELIEVE…as children of God, we are overcomers and more than conquerors and God intends for each of us to experience the abundant life He has in store for us.

2005/7/18 2:42Profile

Re:

Fair enough. While I disagree with a lot of his teachings, this apology for his statements on Larry King Live shows that he espouses that Christ is the only way to salvation. I only wish that the millions of people who saw him on LKL would also see his apology...

Krispy

2005/7/18 6:51
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

Mr. Osteen can apoligize all he wants to, but he knew what he was saying and this is what he TRULY believes:

(transcript from Larry King interview)

KING: How about issues that the church has feelings about? Abortion? Same-sex marriages?

OSTEEN: Yeah. You know what, Larry? I don't go there. I just ...

KING: You have thoughts, though.

OSTEEN: I have thoughts. I just, you know, I don't think that a same-sex marriage is the way God intended it to be. I don't think abortion is the best. I think there are other, you know, a better way to live your life. But I'm not going to condemn those people. I tell them all the time our church is open for everybody.

KING: You don't call them sinners?

OSTEEN: I don't.

KING: Is that a word you don't use?

OSTEEN: I don't use it. I never thought about it. But I probably don't. But most people already know what they're doing wrong. When I get them to church I want to tell them that you can change. There can be a difference in your life. So I don't go down the road of condemning.

How is he going to preach that "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God", if he will not use the word 'SINNER'?

2005/7/18 16:52Profile
Manfred

Continental Europe

Re: Joel Osteen on Larry King

The interview has 9866 words.

JO said "Jesus" 8 times
--------"Christ" 3 times
--------"I don't know" 50 times

The New Testament:

"Jesus" 942 verses
"Christ" 532 verses
"I don't know" 0 verses

"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."
1 John 5:13

2005/7/18 18:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy