SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Pt 2... In The Fellowship of His Sufferings.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Pt 2... In The Fellowship of His Sufferings.

Tu 2/11/18... What Are We Willing to Give?

°We die only once.  We might as well live for Christ.° 
Wener Groenwald 

°To live is Christ to die is gain.°
The Apostle Paul.° 

Hannelie and her family left the comfort of South Africa to serve the people of Afghanistan. This dear sister gave all to serve Christ

https://youtu.be/SiCPRaqBW04

What are we willing to give?

Bro Blaine 

2018/2/11 8:31

Re: Mo 2/12/18... Is Prayer Our Lifeline to God?

Brothers and Sisters,

" In these my darkest hours my only hope was in prayer. " 
Richard Wurmbrandt 

" in spite of the beatings I prayed everyday. I prayed God would give me strength to endure. And of course I prayed for my family. "
Richard Wurmbrandt 

" pray without ceasing"
Paul the Apostle

The quotations above come from two men, two of our brothers in Christ who suffered for the Lord Jesus Christ. And in their darkest hours prayer was their lifeline to God.  

Prayer is the lifeline of our persecuted brothers and sisters. They have no choice but to continually cry out to God day and night.

https://youtu.be/R-QJehD4A7g

Last night we had received word that one of our field workers wss arrested. We had no choice but to cry out to God in our prayers. By the end of our prayer call we received the word that our brother had been released. Prayer was our lifeline to God.

Is prayer your lifeline to God???

Bro Blaine 

2018/2/12 9:48

Re: Mo PM 2/12/18...Praying For Our Enemies

"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."
The Lord Jesus Christ

In the video Solitary Prayer there is a scene where the guard rushes into the cell where Richard Wurmbrand is praying.

The guard says in frustration and anger to Richard Wurmbrand,

"Praying? You fool!  Your wife is in prison, your son is an orphan... your life is gone - and yet you still pray to your imaginary God. What could you possibly have left to pray for?"

Our brother gently looks at the guard and his kind answer is,

"I was praying for you."

Stunned and speechless. The guard looks at Richard in amazement. And leaves the cell.

https://youtu.be/R-QJehD4A7g

Do we love our enemies? Can we pray for those who malign and persecute us? Can we pray for our persecuted brothers and sisters? Can we pray for their persecutors?

Surely sobering questions to think about.

Blaine 

2018/2/12 20:08

Re: Tu 2/13/18. Of the Martyrdom of Believers

~~~
When the Lamb broke the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had maintained; and they cried out with a loud voice, saying, "How long, O Lord, holy and true, will You refrain from judging and avenging our blood on those who dwell on the earth?" And there was given to each of them a white robe; and they were told that they should rest for a little while longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren who were to be killed even as they had been, would be completed also.
Rev. 6:9-11
~~~

Brothers and Sisters,

If the pre-trib rapture is true. Then why is it that the church is around the world is going through persecution? Why is it that every 3 minutes someone is martyred for the Lord Jesus Christ? Why is it that over 160,000 to 170,0l00 Christians are martyred each year for their faith in Jesus?

The VOM video below reflects the testimony of believers who are persecuted and martyred for their faith in Christ. The information is dated. But it reflects the ongoing reality of the suffering of believers in the world today.

https://youtu.be/oySB4uw4n18

It is easy for us in the west to read these numbers and be clinical. It is easy for us to say well that is over there. But soon I will be delivered out of here and not go through persecution.

About 200 years ago Isaac Watts wrote a well kniwn hymn entitled Am I a Soldier of the Cross.  In the hymn the question is asked,

~~~
Must I be carried to the skies
  On flowery beds of ease,
While others fought to win the prize
  And sailed through bloody seas?
~~~

We in America believe that we will be carried to heaven on flowery beds of ease. We believe that we will be beamed out of here before the persecution comes.  Whether we actually believe in a pre-trip rapture or not. Our arrogance believes that we will not go through persecution.

It is our persecuted brothers and sisters who are fighting to win the prize.  They are sailing through the bloody seas.

I ask where in the New Testament do we get to notion that we in Anerica are exempt from persecution and martyrdom? If we believe such then what about the martyrdom of 9 saints in Charleston South Carolina a few years ago? What about the recent martyrdom of 26 saints in Sutherland Texas?

Not too far from me is the Columbine Memorial. This is a nemorial dedicated to 13 lives who were taken during the massacre at Columbine High School on April 20th 1999.  Twelve of those lives where high school students.  A few were followers of Jesus.

A year before her martyrdom Rachel Joy Scott got her life right with the Lord Jesus. She became contagious in her faith, sharing Jesus with her fellow classmates. She wrote in her diary that she believed her life would be short. She wrote also that she didn't think she would live an ordinary life.

On that fateful day she was under a library table hiding from the gunman trembling and praying. The young demonic crazed gunman found her. He asked her if she believed in God. Knowing her answer would blow her into eternity she answered yes. When the gunman asked why. Before she could answer he pulled the trigger. She was absent from the body but at home with her Lord Jesus.

Somehow the notion of a pre-trib rapture never entered into the mind and heart of this young woman. The notion of a pre-triplb rapture does not enter into the hearts of persecuted believers in Eritrea or North Korea.

Our persecuted brothers and sisters are fighting to win the prize. They are fighting the win the prize of Jesus.  They are sailing through the stormy seas. Are we the ones in America that are hoping to sail to heaven on flowery beds of ease. 

God forbid!!! May or not be so!!!

Blaine 

2018/2/13 9:12

Re: We 2/14/18...For Consider Him

~~~
For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Heb. 12:3
~~~

~~~
Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen, for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
2 Cor. 4:16-18
~~~

Brothers and Sisters,

It has been said that the New Testament is best understood against the backdrop of persecution. The New Testament is a book written by the persecuted for the persecuted.  

When we read verses in Heb.11:32-35 we see victorious saints who are kicking booty.  We see a victorious church that is reigning  over the powers of evil.  Kingdoms are being conquered, acts of righteousness are being performed, promises are being obtained, the mouths of lions are being shut, the power of fire is being quenched, there are those who are escaping the edge of the sword, out of weakness men are becoming mighty and are putting foreign armies to flight, and women are receiving back their dead by resurrection.

Frankly this is the type of church that we in the west would like to be a part of.  A victorious church that is trampling over the devil. A victorious church that rules in the temporal realm.

And certainly there have been times when those followers of Jesus have been triumphant particularly in times of revival.

But for us Western Christians the next few verses make us step back. In Hebrews 11:35-38 we read of saints who are imprisoned and tortured. We read of saints who did not accept their release so that they might have a better resurrection. We read of saints who experience mockings and scourging and chains and imprisonment. We read of saints who are stoned, who are sown in two.  They are tempted, they are being put to death with the sword, they go about in sheepskins and goatskins being destitute, afflicted and ill treated.  These are men and women of whom the world was not worthy. They wanderr in deserts and mountains and caves and  holes in the ground. We read of the persecuted church today 

Yet these saints in times past and  present have a hope.  They have a better resurrection.  They have a hope in Jesus. They recognize that Jesus is their hope of glory. Our persecuted brothers and sisters set their hope on Jesus.  

In our prayer calls we always pray that the persecuted believers will realize that Jesus is there hope of glory. It is the hope of Jesus that sustains our persecuted bethren in places like Eritrea and North Korea. It is the hope of Jesus that encourages our brothers and sisters in places like China and Iran.

Please pray that Jesus will be the hope of our persecuted family. Please pray that Jesus will be your hope this day. 

Blaine 

2018/2/14 8:35

Re: We 2/14/18...The Story of Valentimes Day

The story goes there was a priest by the name of Valentime who lived in the 3rd Century A.D. He lived under the reign of Emperor Claudius II. Claudius thought that by forbidding the men in the Roman army to marry they would become stronger soldiers. Yet Valentime would perform secret marriages of soldiers who wished to marry their sweet hearts. Also he would not worship the Roman gods. Thus he would not deny his faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

This came to the attention of the emperor who had Valentime arrested. The jailor had a daughter who was blind. He asked Valentine if he would pray for her that she would be healed. The account says that she was healed by Valentime's prayer. The jailer's daughter and Valentine became quite close and fell in love. (This was before the Roman Catholic Church mandated celibacy for its priest).

In a final note before his martyrdom Valentime wrote to his love. He signed us note From Your Valentime. A tradition that is carried over into modern times for those who write to the special love of their life on this day.

Below is a short video that gives a modern retelling of this story. I include it in this thread because it basically tell us a story of one who will stand up for their beliefs. And not renounce their faith in Christ. Also this day is rooted in Christian persecution.

https://youtu.be/YWaGjxTG-3Q

Would we be willing to stand as Valentime did for our belief in Christ. Brothers and sisters are standing for their belief in Christ and paying the price. All they ask is that we pray for them. Will you pray for your persecuted brothers and sisters?

Blaine

2018/2/14 20:07

Re: Th. Morn 2/15/18 Two Rows by the Sea

~~~
They were stoned, they were sawn in two, they were tempted, they were put to death with the sword; they went about in sheepskins, in goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, ill-treated (men of whom the world was not worthy), wandering in deserts and mountains and caves and holes in the ground.
Heb.11:37-38
~~~

My Brothers and Sisters,

Richard Wurmbrand has often commented that it was never considered a first century church service unless the martyrs were remembered.  On this day 3 years ago 21 followers of Jesus were martyred on the shores of Libya. Each one died with the name of Jesus on their lips. Shortly after this tragedy the Egyptian Bible Society put out a poem remembering those who paid the ultimate price in following their Savior.

In the link below a  brother reads this moving poem in his heart language of Arabic. The English translation follows.

https://youtu.be/_TAHvc7PwYc

~~~
Two Rows By the Sea

Two rows of men walked the shore of the sea,
On a day when the world’s tears would run free. 
One a row of assassins, who thought they did right, 
The other of innocents, true sons of the light. 
One holding knives in hands held high, 
The other with hands empty, defenseless and tied.
One row of slits to conceal glaring-dead eyes, 
The other with living eyes raised to the skies. 
One row stood steady, pall-bearers of death, 
The other knelt ready, welcoming heaven’s breath.
One row spewed wretched, contemptible threats, 
The other spread God-given peace and rest. 
A Question… Who fears the other? 
The row in orange, watching paradise open? 
Or the row in black, with minds evil and broken?
~~~

A dear sister has put together a beautiful music video remembering these martyrs of Jesus.  The video was based on the poem above.

https://youtu.be/C4TIGKzrQPA

Dear saints let us remember the martyrs, the witnesses of Jesus, who lay down their lives on the altar. Let us remember those who are slain for the word of God and the testimony that they maintain.  For sure they will be honored by Jesus and receive the reward of their inheritance.

~~~
Then I saw thrones and they sat on them and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God,
Rev. 20:4
~~~

Posted in honor of those who were slain for Jesus.

Blaine 

2018/2/15 8:05

Re: ReTh Noon. 2/15/18 Christian Martyrs Remembered

Video below remembers the names of those who were slain 3 years ago on the shores of Libya.  For sure the names of these 21 precious saints are inscribed on the hands of God.

https://youtu.be/HZ6Ru4sv4vE

Audrey Assad wrote a song remembering the 21 saints martyred in Lybia.

https://youtu.be/uAfp8vg4Jz8

Background to this video is as follows,

~~~
You have to read the story behind this song, Even Unto Death, just released by Christian singer Audrey Assad. It is part of her new album, Inheritance, scheduled for release on February 12.

She wrote this song after watching the martyrdom of 21 Egyptian Christian men on the shores of the Mediterranean by the Muslim extremist group ISIS. In the video, ISIS led the 21 men, dressed in orange, to the beach where they were beheaded simply because they believed in Jesus.

To live, all these Coptic Christians had to do to was renounce their faith in Christ.

Audrey wrote:

“You must remember that night, months ago, when I saw the video of those 21 precious Egyptian men kneeling on a Mediterranean beach. I stared at the procession … I knew that I was looking into the sickening, quaking black hole that is death.

The captives prayed, their lips moving silently, their eyes closed or raised to the heavens.

What were they whispering, in those last, fast-fading moments of their lives? Were they afraid?

What would I pray, if it were me kneeling on that beach?”

The Bible speaks of a new breed of Christians appearing in the end times, who in the face of extreme persecution will not fear death.

In the first pages of the Book of Revelation, an apocalyptic vision of the end times given the Apostle John, God urges believers to “be faithful until death” (Revelation 2:10).

As we move further into the Book, this is exactly what begins to happen. We are told that Christians did not love their lives even when facing martyrdom (Revelation 12:11).

Then at the end, God provides a special reward to those who stood for their faith during these horrific times and particularly those who were beheaded:

And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. (Revelation 20:4 NASV)

Audrey’s song is a tribute to the faith of these martyrs
~~~
~~~
Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to cast some of you into prison, so that you will be tested, and you will have tribulation for ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.  Rev. 2:10

"And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death.   Rev. 12:11
~~~

On that fateful day 3 years ago Islam did not triumph on that beach.  On that fateful day 3 years ago Satan did not get the victory.

On that victorious day three years ago it was the Lord Jesus who was triumphant. For heaven and hell witnessed the martyrdom of 21 saints who passed into glory and into the arms of their Savior. It was the Lord Jesus Christ that won the victory that day on the shores of Lybia. For not one of these dear saints renounced the Lord Jesus Christ.

~~~
but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.  1 Cor. 15:57
~~~

Posted in honor of those slain for our Lord Jesus Christ.

Blaine 

2018/2/15 12:26
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Thanks blaine for posting this wonderful song. Here is a sermon contained in these lives surrendered to Jesus that words cannot appropriately express.

2018/2/15 19:11Profile

Re: Sara's Trail of Blood

Moving testimony of a sister and China. A sister who entered into the fellowship of his sufferings.

https://youtu.be/VE-Qlh18n1M

Blaine

2018/4/28 9:51

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy