SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Be Thou My Vision ......For All you Celts!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
staff

Be Thou My Vision ......For All you Celts!

Hi All
Just sharing this song link "Be Thou Vision" sung by Aileen Gilchrist.
This version is so good it will send shivers down ur spine!

http://ia600503.us.archive.org/28/items/SERMONINDEX_SID17213/SID17213.mp3

Yours Staff

2017/2/2 18:36Profile

Re: Be Thou My Vision ......For All you Celts!

Thats dear sister Aileen, its a wonderful version.......bro Frank

2017/2/2 19:02

Re:

This is Mary and Aileen singing together a song that I wrote that was recorded, but this version from someone's living room with the two of them singing together.I am have some others that are sung with Aileen and Maureen, her best friend, that I will look out and share. Might be a neat thread for folks on SI to share their music.........bro Frank

https://youtu.be/GZ_mlaY0DVo?list=PLnNIOsZXW8xNEapQdYML7cewC2CzuTZYt

2017/2/2 19:08
staff

Re:

Hi Frank
Yeah so I recognised that one because I played it over alot of times a couple of years ago when u linked All The Kings Horses first.I suppose what stands out is the quality just in someones living room is great.Yes I think music is forgotten on SI but maybe download figures dont suport my view,im not sure but it would be a nice thread anyhow;their must be a few songs out there.
I guess sitting in the room with two singers of such quality must be a great experience whether you are a Christian or just a visitor to a meeting.
I guess what Im learning is that the voice is always the most important instrument in a song and you can spend for ever messing about with backing tracks but the voice is centre piece.
Fill me up Lord
Yours Staff

2017/2/2 19:46Profile

Re:

Hi Staff,

I think I agree with you Staff, the words, I think, are the most important part. The anointing on the singer is the next part and I do believe some melodies are anointed too. In the Welsh revival there were two young women that would begin each meeting of Evan Roberts with the song "Here is love, vast as the ocean." It brought down a particular anointing. Here is a great version https://youtu.be/KZJmTVdDyLY?list=FLzaJEo3iS31j-rlPwGUncDA

2017/2/2 21:24
staff

Re:

Hi Frank
Thats a shining gem,never heard of it before I love the welsh singing even though we dont know the words.The harp is very nice to accompany and the whistle in parts lovely,
The welsh love their music ....
Yours Staff

2017/2/2 22:18Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Beautiful !

2017/2/2 23:14Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Quote: "I love the welsh singing even though we dont know the words."

For some reason I find it particularly moving when I hear people pray or sing worship songs in a different language.

Wonder why that is?

2017/2/3 8:23Profile
leyoung

Song

And here's a beautiful song written by a Scottish warrior!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=FLzaJEo3iS31j-rlPwGUncDA¶ms=OAFIAVga&v=vB_4CAK9bb4&mode=NORMAL

2017/2/3 11:27Profile
staff

Re: Song

Hi Leyoung
Myself and Appolus had a little discussion about that song on the youtube deleted thread earlier.
Its a song that you like from the very start great words,lovely music and the singing is excellent.
It also deals with a difficult subject and has a message for the non Christian.We have to remember that Christian Worship music for the most part doesnt appeal to the non believer but this type of song can appeal.
yours Staff

2017/2/3 18:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy