SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The great persecution that is soon to come upon the remnant Church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

To my preaterist bretbren. Is Matthew 24:29-31 the same event as the day of the Lord which Paul and Peter make reference to? Answer that question and a lot of confusion might be cleared up.

Respectfully posted and asked.

Brother Blaine

2016/3/7 14:56
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Bear-

I do not believe they are describing the same event; however I do believe in a future and literal 2nd coming of Christ.

You see, you feel that the Matthew verses MUST be describing the same thing as the other verses but I see no reason why this has to be the case.

2016/3/7 15:12Profile

Re:

Quote:
by bearmaster on 2016/3/7 14:47:25

Julius I think if you read 2nd Peter chapter 3 you will get the answer to your question. Time does not permit me to post the whole chapter up here. But for you and others who want to know what jesus is coming back for, read 2bd Peter 3.

Bottom line is Jesus is coming back to create a new heaven and a new earth in which righteousness dwelks. 2 Peter 3:11-14 spells this out pretty clearly.

Also 2nd Peter 3:3-9 should serve as a warning to those who hold to a praeterist positiom. Peter warns that in the last days there will be mockers and scoffers who will come saying where is the promise of His coming.......

It seems that there are those who hold to the previous position that mock the idea of a second coming of Jesus Christ. Particularly a literal physical return of Jesus.

My thoughts respectfully posted.

Brother Blaine

Dear brother, Blaine,

I don't mock the promise of His coming, I just think it is literally a spiritual event.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

2016/3/7 16:24

Re:

Hi Todd,

I am not a dispensationalist, never have been. I am glad you left that behind kicking, screaming or otherwise :)

Julias writes............

'I just think it is literally a spiritual event."

Hmmm, oxymorons abound. Clever puns do not a truth make :)............bro Frank

2016/3/7 17:40

Re:

Bear writes............

"Frank I looked at the chapter divisions in Matthew 23 and 24 you mentioned. Very interesting brother. It would seem that the chapter break should occur around Matthew 24:2. With Matthew 24 3 picking up a new thought."

You see brother, that is it right there, two different subjects in two chapters. The confusion caused by preterism and other isms of men is that they take verses out of the context of the chapter. I challenge anyone reading this, sit down, read through the two chapters in one sitting and see if the truth does not clearly and plainly jump out at you. Two different subjects, two wonderful complete answers given by Jesus and that's all she wrote as they say :).........bro Frank

2016/3/7 17:43

Re:

Yeah, the preterist argument of pinning anyone who isn't a preterist as a "dispensationalist" gets old. Real old.

2016/3/7 19:10
proudpapa

Re:

conclusive statement ?

Matthew 24 : 34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Wesley's Notes for Matthew 24:34

24:34 This generation of men now living shall not pass till all these things be done - The expression implies, that great part of that generation would be passed away, but not the whole. Just so it was. For the city and temple were destroyed thirty - nine or forty years after.

2016/3/7 19:37Profile

Re:

Tell my brother Julius and my praeterist brethren. A question.

Where the post resurrection appearances of Jesus physical or spiritual???

Respectfully asked.

Brother Blaine

2016/3/7 19:39
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Well- both. He was physically present in a glorified body that wasn't exactly like a physical body. He could eat and be touched but he could also appear through closed doors and disappear.

But he was physically there- he even made breakfast on the beach in John 21.

2016/3/7 20:30Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Jeff wrote: "Yeah, the preterist argument of pinning anyone who isn't a preterist as a "dispensationalist" gets old. Real old."

Well, it's easier to say dispensationalist than to name every eschatological framework. It's shorthand. I know you don't hold to pretrib rapture but I think you do hold to literal 7 year tribulation, literal antichrist, literal mark on hand or head, etc.

Obviously I don't know every nuance of what you believe.

2016/3/7 20:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy