SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Purpose Driven Covenant: Cause for joy or angiush?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Re: the curse of the law

Sister Diane wrote:

Quote:
PS, I've heard the Nehemiah account used as example of OT revival, but I'm inclinded to agree with you that really it is a revival of Old Covanant, not New Covanant. I remember once reading RW's words that PDC as a great revival going on right now. I agree. It seems to be a "revival" of the Old Covenant.

I believe that there was both an Old Covenant Revival and also a Revival according to the Covenant made with Abraham. Those who elected to follow the law were cursed. Those who elected to follow God were blessed as Abraham was.

All men are subject to the law and cannot be made perfect by the flesh. As you stated, only through the Spirit is one part of the Covenant of the Circumcision of the heart.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/5/16 12:41Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

SISTER dorcas wrote:

Quote:
It is far healthier for Christians to feel themselves in a permanent 'cracked biscuit' state - fragile and dependent on the Lord for support - than to inadvertently approach the world, brethren family and friends, Satanic opposition, criticism and temptation, as challenges which they are expected to meet single-handedly. NO! Only through the Spirit can these matters be effectively addressed; including, addressing feeling convinced one is a weak and useless failure.

I hear you. We only become a "cracked biscuit," when we submit and wait upon Him. If we follow the Law, the only thing that cracks is our relationship with Him.

Col 2:

21 “Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle,” 22 which all concern things which perish with the using—according to the commandments and doctrines of men? 23 These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh.

Nothing we promise to do in our own understanding has any "value against the indulgence of the flesh."

Amen Sis.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/5/16 13:51Profile

Re: Purpose Driven Covenant: Cause for joy or angiush?

Diane and all,
Praise God. This thread is such a blessing to me. I've been weakly attempting to explain this truth to some folks in another forum who love the PDC and PDL. It has become like an idol to them. They defend it with fire in their eyes. Thank God they dont' have a gun in their hands that is loaded.
I posted a link to this thread there. Please pray with me that one or two may come here and see for themselves how deceptive this all is.
A good book on this subject is: "Deceived on Purpose" by Warren Smith.

God bless all of you and please keep up the good rendering of what God is speaking in your hearts. Alleluia.

2005/5/31 10:06
couch

College Station, TX

Re:

Thanks for that link, I was also astonished to see some of the "new age" links in PDL.

I was just on purposedrivenlife.com and found this on Rick Warren's page:

Rick Warren is well-known as the pioneer of the Purpose-Driven paradigm for church health. More than 250,000 pastors and church leaders from over 125 countries have attended Purpose-Driven Church seminars in 18 languages. Peter Drucker calls Rick "the inventor of perpetual revival."

Yikes!

2005/5/31 11:08Profile
roadsign

Re: Touch not one's idol

Quote:
PDC and PDL... has become like an idol to them. They defend it with fire in their eyes.

For sure this is a tell-tale sign that PDC has become a SACRED COW to some of the adherents. You can always tell when you've touched someone's idol: You incite that person's wrath when, in their eyes, you have "damaged" the polish. Also, you may discover a gun pointing at you. Guess how I know?

Quote:
Thank God they dont' have a gun in their hands that is loaded

Really? I had a few nasty shots fired at me. Without realizing it, we may get zapped when we flaw the idol. (ie appear to question their teachings)

PS Religious practise has long been an idol for many people: a 'FORM OF GODLINESS", so in a sense, this is nothing new.

I'm wondering if God is going to use this mass movement to bring about the refinement of his true church

Has anyone checked out the credientials of Peter Druker? Discernment needed here!!!!!!
Diane

2005/5/31 14:48Profile
couch

College Station, TX

Re:

Diane,

I agree with you on the need for wisdom on "where our foot shall tread", even online! These very "sensitive" issues require an even greater discernment on our part on how, when, and with what to respond.

I was just talking with a friend over lunch who was lamenting over visiting a service over the weekend that featured a very "man-centered", "seeker-sensitive" message. We all know the feeling we get when we are in that situation, usually one of anger, frustration, zeal, etc.

But as we were talking, we started thinking that those situations, and even this PDL one, are perfect oppurtunities for the Lord to put us in as a test to see how we will respond. Will we ask Him for His heart for the situation, or just rant and rave in our own minds, however correct we may be in our assessment?

Right now it seems "pretty easy" to identify false teaching or deception in many cases, but as times moves along, I have reason to believe from the scriptures that it will be harder and harder to distinguish the truth from the lie. If we ourselves aren't cultivating the Lord's heart within us in these "obvious" situations, how will we know what to think or what path to take when the deception grows increasingly subtle?

We must cry "Lord, what is Your heart for this church, this situation, this deceived person (people)!?" I think if we did have His heart, we'd have one of great grief over the deception. Then, identifying with Jesus' heart as His friend (like Moses), I believe He will tell us in each and every situation what an appropriate response should be, whether it be silent prayer or a confrontation in Word.

This seems to have been Jesus' heart, who only did "what [He] saw [His] Father doing". May we come to that place as well!

Otherwise, I know that I will not be able to confront "sensitive" issues like the PDL one with wisdom, Lord knows I've picked the wrong battles and times before!

I've always had a suspect feeling about the whole PDL movement, and this new book puts words to what I've been feeling for awhile.

Lord give us wisdom on how to appropriately respond in Your Heart and Your Word in and out of season faithfully!

2005/5/31 16:00Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

God is indeed very gracious to us.

Quote:

couch wrote:
These very "sensitive" issues require an even greater discernment on our part on how, when, and with what to respond.

This is probably one of the best pieces of common sense that anyone has posted on this forum. Good One! :smart:

2005/5/31 16:53Profile
roadsign

Re: God is indeed very gracious to us.

[b][color=000099]What is a genuine God-given blessing to one is an idol to another.[/color][/b]
So, that's why we need divine enlightenment when dealing with these volitile situations. Perhaps learning to discern and hear God will keep us from reacting inappropriately and harmfully.
Diane

2005/5/31 17:12Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

wash someones feet before you come inside.

Quote:

roadsign wrote:
Perhaps learning to discern and hear God will keep us from reacting inappropriately and harmfully.

I think there should be a sign on the front door directing people down this path of learning before they start posting like they are 'Gods gift' to this site.

p.s. About the idol thingy, probably many folk have found that that the idol got them looking in the right direction.

2005/5/31 17:25Profile

Re: wash someones feet before you come inside.

"Rick Warren is well-known as the pioneer of the Purpose-Driven paradigm for church health. More than 250,000 pastors and church leaders from over 125 countries have attended Purpose-Driven Church seminars in 18 languages. Peter Drucker calls Rick "the inventor of perpetual revival."

Zeko,
If the above paragraph does not make the hair stand up on the back of your neck, nothing will. First of all, Jesus Christ, not Rick Warren is the author and finisher of our faith. He alone is responsible for it's health. Mr. Warren and his following are not in revival, never have been as I understand revival. The Holy Spirit has always been the one who pioneers that kind of moving of God. Yes He uses man...sometimes. But I assure you, the Holy Spirit is not using this man.

I'll give you an example. Rick Warren, by his own admission, uses a so called bible translation called "the Message". In the Gospel of Luke we read the all familiar Lord's Prayer. In the Lord's Prayer, Jesus says, "Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven". In "the Message", it says, "as above, so below". This term is widely used in New Age literature and propaganda. Anyone with a background in the new age movement would easily recognize this term. Does that speak anything to you sir? Can the true Word of God be homoginized with the New Age movement?

Now I trust you are sincere. I can only admonish you as Paul did, speaking of the Bereans in Acts 17:11. Search the Sciptures daily to see if these things be so.

Many of those who defend Rick Warren also defend the NIV. The word "blood" has been eliminated 41 times in the NIV as compared to most other translations. Why is that, Zeko? It's because without the shedding of Blood, there can be no forgivesness of sins. There is only one who is behind all of this, his name is satan. He is a deceiver. For him to be able to deceive, someone has to believe what he says. Well, Zeko, it's not just a someone, sir. It's millions of souls who may very well split hell wide open if someone does not stand up and speak the truth in love.

Finally, I don't have a title, nor am I seeking anyone to bestow one upon me. I am a christian, saved by unmerited favor through faith in Jesus Christ and Him crucified. That's it. Thank God.

2005/6/1 7:42

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy