SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : perspective

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Bubba

religion kills, I'm not into religion.

I'm a follower of Jesus, Lamb of God.

I stay away from religion.

Nor do I wear my Lord on my sleeve or wrap Him in the flag of my homeland.

I just wanna love Him, be available to and for Him, and God willing, be used as an instrument of revival.

didnt mean offense Bubba, but its rather opague as to what you actually believe in and on. Whether or not you are a follower of Christ is unknown to me.

2005/4/28 17:00
dohzman

Re: I think

I believe the God lead and conditioned man or woman will do both. Not at the same time though. Sometimes we love them in to the kingdom by our lives, sometimes its by the preaching of the word, a tract, a smile, a kind word, a gentle answer, a joke. Thinking outside of the box to me is being real in life and being a servant. But there are times that God calls some to speak from street cornors and some to go and compell (use strong arguementative words) them to come in, All in all we are to be lead of the Holy Spirit and that conditioned on obedience to the Word of God. BTW enjoyed your opening post----very insightful----passing it on to some minister friends of mine. Bro. Daryl

2005/4/28 17:01Profile
rickyy38

Re: Ricky

Quote:
I ask you this next question, not in a spirit of meanness, or churlishness, but of exhortation, do you right now, work to feed the poor in the community that God has you in? Feed them with both physical food and the Living Food of Christ?

Actually I work for 3 socially conscience charities. One full time on salary through the Unitarian Church.

Ricky

2005/4/28 17:25Profile

Ricky

Thank you for that answer, and may God use you to give the Living Bread of Christ to a dying world. The road is very very narrow, and the gate is Jesus, dear brother. I pray for myself tonight, that I feel how deep and wide the Love of Christ is, and I pray that for you too.

I exhort you to stay with the Full Gospel, don't be fooled by fleshly twists on the New Wine of Christ. God bless you Ricky.

2005/4/28 17:46
Globachio

Baltimore

Re: perspective

Gosh. Hope I can get this thing to work. I'm not very computer savvy.

If the stats claim that 11 people of 100 would be homosexual, then the only thing one can conclude is that they're faulty. Probably using the old Kinsey percentages from 1948. The actual numbers would be more like 1-3 out of 100.

On another note, it's very dangerous to be ashamed of Christ and NOT wear our faith on our sleeves for all to see. The misunderstanding of those who are either non-Christian, or are very immature in their faith, is that such public, muscular faith is somehow self-righteous. However no one who knows Christ and His Scripture would make such a claim.

Just a few thoughts. (Hope they come through this time.)

2005/4/28 17:56Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

Quote:
One full time on salary through the Unitarian Church.

Hello Ricky. When I read your last post, it left me wondering: do you believe in universal salvation? Thank you. In Jesus, Cindy

2005/4/28 19:37Profile
rickyy38

Re:

Quote:
When I read your last post, it left me wondering: do you believe in universal salvation?

I believe that God is One. I believe that people are saved based on the knowledge that they have. Muslims worship the same God we do, and you can trace them back to Genesis & Abraham. Any God that people worship is based on their knowledge, no matter how limited it may be. Therefore, God, who is first and foremost Love, will save them as well.

Even Mother Theresa believed this.

Let the bashing begin.

Ricky

2005/4/29 7:01Profile
Globachio

Baltimore

Re:

Quote:

Let the bashing begin.

Not bashing, merely pity.

Universalism's practical eschatology produces the same results as atheism - meaninglessness and insignificance. It effectively destroys any notion of transcendence (thus, for example, doing away with the very idea of concientious objection) and reduces all of life-on-earth to a struggle for power.

However the will to power is still a meaningless effort because of universalism's pure eschatology. After all, everyone is saved. Which is why such a scheme can only conclude that Mother Teresa of Calcutta is sitting at the heavenly banquet table with Stalin on one side and Hitler on the other. And all three are laughing at the foolishness of us mortals who believe that there is anything like truth, or right, or good, or bad. Teresa now knows she might just as well have murdered those she cared for because, in the end, it really doesn't matter.

Which is why the "universalist hope" is merely to do away with one's self. ("The only significant philosophical question is whether or not to commit suicide." Camus)

2005/4/29 7:30Profile
rickyy38

Re:

Globachio,

I stated in my very first post that I do not wish to involve myself in the fighting that goes on here at times. And I will hold to that. My brother, we can disagree on matters and still be of the same spiritual essence. It's not my job to judge who is in heaven, and who is not. Nor is it your's. :-)

Love is all you need.

Ricky

2005/4/29 8:43Profile
Globachio

Baltimore

Re:

To rickyy ...

First of all, who's fighting? Who's even *thinking* of fighting?

Secondly, we're NOT brothers. Because you are UU, I am forbidden from considering you as a Christian. This not to disparage you, it's simply that I am the slave of One who defines brotherhood for me.

Thirdly, from where do you get the idea that we are not to judge who is, or isn't, in heaven or hell? By what authority, or whose authority, do you make such statements and, furthermore, state them as imperatives?

Fourthly, I notice that you didn't even begin to address my points. Which brings me to the following ...

My concern is your postmodern thought. And Unitarian Univeralism (precisely as an ism) is most definitely postmodern. That is to say, a postmodernist does not think critically regarding either their position, or those held by others. (Hence my pity for you.) Rather what is "true" or "good" is determined by pure subjectivism ... what one *feels* to be such.

Objective, propositional, truth (Schaeffer's "true truth") does not exist, or is of no consequence, to the postmodernist. All that matters is what makes one feel good. And, being unitarian and universalist, is a very popular, liberal, feel-good, position.

OTOH, since I do hold to objective, propositional truth, I must conclude that Hitler, Stalin, and Mother Theresa (because she rejected Christ and His exclusive atonement) are in hell.

2005/4/29 9:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy