SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : WHAT THE LAW TEACHES by Watchman Nee

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Most of the cults or SDA folks that I run across NEED to discredit Paul, or their whole arguement falls apart.

Once someone (tries) to discredit Paul, they then can go and pick and choose what they wish to believe in the Bible, since they do not believe in the entirety if the Lord's written Word.

2012/3/15 23:09Profile

Re:

I agree Brother Miccah, and herein lies the problem that we're faced with daily here and elsewhere in our walks.
Paul spoke equally against sin as he did against justification by the letter of the law. Sigh!

I blame the guy that seperated GOD's Word with chpt and verse numbers. I'll make him the fall-guy, for today.

LORD GOD, give us your Whole WORD and help us swallow it all in balanced proportions. Thank You!

2012/3/15 23:45

Do you want to know The Truth?

He is faithful!

I posted above and then said, "LORD, I'm not tired yet".

He led me to this sermon and I downloaded it, having no idea it would be on this same topic of what Nee was teaching from. Romans 6-8. Thank you Jesus!

http://www.ellerslie.com/Eric_Ludy_Sermons/Entries/2010/10/31_Reckoning_With_Truth.html

2012/3/16 2:36
Sree

Re:

Quote:

2Ti 2:24-26 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; and that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

On the "Moderators" thread - I quote a Brother that I usually agree with ...
Quote:
We all are actually more susceptible to legalism than we are carnality.

With all respect from my heart, I see just the opposite more in the last few years than ever before. Because iniquity abounds - the love of most is growing cold. Cheap Grace and so forth passing by us daily, even here.

Good post, I wanted to post the same verse but somehow I know there will be no respect even for this verse. No one is going to change their heart. As it is already hardened.

Many get confused with Paul writing harsh against his own Church members and also against the Jews who try to corrupt his Church by spreading false teachings. Paul can do it because he was appointed by God as an elder to these Churches, and hence he has responsibility to protect the Church from false teachings and also to protect its believers from falling into lawlessness.

As far as a normal Christian, it is better for him to stay humble and gentle to ALL men. As long as no one says anything wrong here about Jesus and his deity we have nothing to panic nor take things in our hands. It is for God to decide whether a teaching is good or wrong. Any discernment that you think you posses use it for your personal edification first.

The danger of posting abusive words here is there are many guests who are visiting this site more than members. What if they are unbelievers and they think that Christians fight with one another and because of this turns away from their faith? The mark of a man filled with God's grace is humility, because God gives his grace to humble but resists the proud.

2012/3/16 10:34Profile

Re:

Hi Brother Sree. Maybe by just posting 'half' of my post from the bottom of the previous page, we've lost the direction in which that post was going.
I and others do not have "posting" down perfectly - but that is something that we're working on. I find it difficult to "sound" the way I do in person - in text format. I didn't start with a computer until I was about 50 and found out that I depend much on someone 'hearing' me when I try to communicate. It took a Long time to realize that in the text format - I don't 'sound' the way that I do in person or over the phone.
Now I've gone off topic from the same post that I'm saying that you've gone off topic from :)

There will and is topics less serious than just the Deity of Christ that I see we are all involved in conversation in. I don't claim perfection in my writing out my thoughts and don't expect it from others. I truly believe that everyone here is doing the best that they can.

Now we've both gone off topic of this thread. :)

Back on topic - was anyone able to hear the audio posted above? I thought it was quite good. It gets more powerful as it goes on.
One more thought -- that old Greek Prof that I've talked about before - that eventually died from contracting malaria in India in his old age - well, he was old when he was still teaching at our college in the 70's - taught the "Romans and Galatians" class also and one of the books that he required for that class was, 'The Normal Christian Life' by Watchman Nee ....... this thread :) PTL!!!

Thanks Tuc and Co!

2012/3/16 11:55

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy