SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christianity magazine defends Driscoll interview

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Matthew2323

Colorado

Re:

@notlongnow,

If you have such serious concerns, you should contact Mr. Driscoll yourself instead of posting them online. "Love covers a multitude of sins."

@learjet,

Context matters immensely as it explains the 'what' and 'why' of your words.

2012/1/17 9:14Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Teachers are usually only popular on a national scale because they've played some sort of political game to get there. Few, if any, have become such because they just sought to faithfully serve the people God put in their path.

2012/1/17 9:21Profile
FriendlyGuy

Re: Regarding Sexually Explicit

Song of Songs 1:1-8:14
I believe you are referring to Mark's sermon series covering those texts?
I was always taught that those are sexually explicit, correct me if I am wrong please.

2012/1/18 0:47Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I'm personally growing bored with our Christian celebrity preacher scandal of the month thing that is going on lately. Is our Christianity in America so dull, and accomplishing so little, that we must focus on whatever silly thing that Mark Driscoll, Rob Bell, or whoever, is saying this week?

I have a better idea. Why don't we go do something that gives a God a ton of glory instead?

2012/1/18 9:55Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: FriendlyGuy

Quote:
by FriendlyGuy
Song of Songs 1:1-8:14
I believe you are referring to Mark's sermon series covering those texts?
I was always taught that those are sexually explicit, correct me if I am wrong please.

I cannot speak for @notlongnow, but I believe he is talking about the "one" sermon (sexual sin) in the "one" series that was from 2008 (FOUR years ago)!!

Here is the sermon series: Religion Saves and Nine Other Misconceptions; just search the title and Mars Hill Church and the link will be provided for you.

God bless,
Lisa

PS: I listened to his sexual sin sermon and it was spot on! If you have sexual sins, listen if you dare!

2012/1/18 10:51Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

@ jimp

Your posts just ooze truth and common sense in this thread. Truly a breath of fresh when so much pollution abounds. Thanks bro!

2012/1/18 11:29Profile
Dlight

Re:

notlongnow, I agree with you.

I 'liked' Mark Driscoll the very first time I listened to him, especially because he seemed to speak the truth. But it only took a few minutes for me to sense a nonchalant, careless, youthful spirit about him, and a great lack of reverence for God. Note that I'm not in any way against youthfulness, as I am a youth myself.

There is almost a celebration of sin and pride in his sermons. By almost, I mean the it is clearly there, but it's hidden by the truth he speaks. I watched him a few times until I could not do it anymore; and I watched a good number of his sermons, including Q&A sessions. I had not read anything criticizing him, something just wasn't right about his presence...

Would Jesus Christ or the apostle Paul have spoken, dressed, carried themselves in the same way had they preached in this day and age? How about all the Saints that have gone before us? What would Charles Spurgeon, Leonard Ravenhill, David Brainard etc. have said about this man?

I have learned that on SermonIndex, not everyone will agree with me, and that's okay. I don't intend any strife or discord.

With love,
Daphne.

2012/1/18 15:33Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

You bring up an important issue Daphne. The celebration of youthful trendiness in the pulpit these days. The desire to be perceived as "cool." And while I have nothing against young "cool" preachers, as I like to think of myself as something of both, what I am against is the immaturity that is being celebrated by many of these guys. Especially considering some of them are now entering into their 40's.

What the church does not need is more young cool preachers. What we need are "men who are men indeed." We need true "fathers of faith," who are broken and have rays of glory about them from having spent much time with our heavenly Father. They ought to be men who we can imitate in all things, and not "boys" whose ministry is only as strong as the laptop they use to put together slick PowerPoint presentations.

I don't really have any exposure to Driscoll. But he sounds like somebody who hasn't grown up in the faith quite yet. He sounds like he's 20. But sadly, he's 41.

2012/1/18 15:46Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

I would like to call all the penitents, whom have no, and remember that they have no righteousness of their own, to please pray for Mark. Pray as the Spirit leads you to pray, remembering that the prayers of the righteous availeth much. If it wasn't for the grace of God, everyone would be damned. For the Lord takes no pleasure in the death of any wicked man, and God forbid I call Mark wicked. Yes, I will know another by their fruit, but I know more that God is able to turn the tide of anyone held captive when He so chooses, and not when I choose. For I choose to believe in a Mighty God whose arm is not to short to save any man. May the Lord work mightily I these last days, and do things that will even make His professors astonished of His grace and mercy, thus humbling the whole lot, that we may indeed worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.

2012/1/18 17:06Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Yeshuasboy,

God bless you and Jimp... for your words of life!

2012/1/18 17:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy