SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : jesus

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

"He commands us to think about others before we thought about ourselves. Seriously after maybe a decade of doing this, I got sick and tired of it all because I realize NO ONE REALLY DOES THIS."

I think I understand where your coming from.

Yes, it's perplexing that there is no one around that looks and acts like Jesus.

But you know brother, just because we don't see them doesn't mean they don't exist.

I thought like you, I use to put myself down because I wasn't living up to the life that was outlined in the bible. I had so many hang ups that hindered me from doing anything positive for God. My life seemed to revolve around a sin repent lifestyle.

When you look at the disiples before they were converted before Pentecost they were like children, they had a hard time believing that Jesus was who He said He was. They saw the miracles and even performed a few themselves but they still questioned Him. And rightly so, they were still under the law and under that system everything wasn't made clear until Pentecost.

We are no different then they, we are like children. We love the Lord, but we stumble from time to time. We fail miserably, but when a need arises we all jump in in unison to help out. I have noticed that over the years amongst believers. We can all talk about our problems, moan about our state of affairs but when anyone entered the scene that needed help, we dropped everything and even our problems in fact we acted as if we had none. And that is the Holy Spirit doing that.

As men we fail, the Holy Spirit is what makes us more than men. It's His work. Paul tells us there are weak believers and we are to help those that have weak faith, and we do. You may not see it because we don't broadcast our deeds to be shown to others. I personally don't want my good deeds to be spread out before men, I prefer that know one knows anything except for the guy who is grateful that I gave him his meal or rent.

When you look at the men that paid a price, they were simple folks. Some had issues with their flesh that kept them humble. They weren't perfect and neither are we, but we exist in the best capacity that we know how.

I wish that I had some great ability to bring in thousands of souls, I wish that I could lay hands on the sick and they would recover, I wish that those things were so, but they are not. And it's not my will that these things come about, but it's the power of the Holy Spirit and His will and person to whom He desires to use.

It's not up to us to live the life of Christ. As for paying the cost, many of us are doing all we know to do within our knowledge to pay the price. We can't go beyond what the Holy Spirit has given us.

But for now we are just under tutors and govenors, we are being chastened of the Father and when the time is right and we have grown up then He dealeth with us as with sons.

You'll never hear a trumpet blown in the street to declare that Christians are going to do great deeds and show the world that Christ is alive in them, and they are paying the price.

When the twin towers fell in New York City, Times Square Church had been praying before hand because they knew from the Lord that something was going to happen but they didn't know when, so they took to their knees. When the time came, they knew and acted and they got out on the streets and they were paying the price, by helping others, comforting people.

That still goes on today. But it's by the Spirit. You may see me and think me nothing, but when the Holy Spirit comes upon me that is a different. Samson had a problem with women, but God moved in His life anyway. Even at the end of his life God didn't let Him down and He came upon him again and gave him such strength. Now that was the old testament and we live under a better system than that, how much more shall the God of heaven do unto us in our weakness?

It's time to get your eyes off of weak pitiful christian man and get them back on Jesus. Forget about what ya think about what a Christian should be and just focus on Jesus.

I'm serious. I've been down that road, it's paved with crap (pardon my expression). I met people that I thought were not christian at all but they put my walk to shame when they would sacrifice their lives for the gospel. They had faith but I was looking at their lives. What I thought I saw with my eyes deceived me. They had faith alright and they moved mountains with it. I wanted that.

I stopped looking at their lives and looked at the Jesus that was in them. Their lives were hid in God who was I to judge them based upon my own standard. I had a lot to learn.

If your looking for the perfect Christian, you won't find it. If your looking for a man that is paying the price, he is probably in a jail cell in China wondering how to get out because he is scared of dying. I know, that would be me. It would be nice to have no fear. But sometimes it grips us.

Do we stop being Christians because we don't live after the pattern of our saviour? NO!

Does God stop working with us because we have a doubt? NO!

Peter doubted Jesus and even denied Him three times, how is that for blasphemy? But Jesus never demanded that he repent of that, but oh was Peter ever grateful that He was alive.

The thief on the cross just believed that Christ was Lord and Jesus promised that He would be with Him in paradise. It's as simple as that.

That thief was already paying for his own sins, but I can imagine the weight lifted as Jesus was promising him eternal life.

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith....

That is where we are to look to, not frail christian man who is not living the life, but to Jesus we are to look to.

God Bless Brother.

2011/9/15 22:10
Ruthiepoothie

Denton, Tx

Love

The thieves next to Jesus on the cross had no time to evangelize, no time to deliver people from hell, no time to go about doing the work of the Lord.

Jesus wants you to receive His love. Maybe you are next to Him partaking in His sufferings and feeling the separation from God. Hear His voice. "Today you will be with me.." He is building a home for you with Him. He loves you. Trust Him. He knows the plans He has for you. Plans to prosper you and give you a future and a hope.
One believed, one didn't. Jesus wants to love you and be loved by you. We love Him because He first loved us. This is the work of God that you believe in Him who was sent.
Just love Him. Jesus loves you. God is love and He is the image of the invisible God. He did not come to condemn the world but to save it. When we are faithless He remains faithful.

Love Him. Lift up your hands and just say, "here I am, it's me - and this person lifting you up doesnt even feel like the words are of any sincerity or truth or validity - but I just want to praise You. Help me to receive Your love, help me to rest in Your love, help me to know Your love Jesus." Let the lifting of your hands be as the evening sacrifice. Give the sacrifice of praise. It is a sacrifice. And sometimes the hardest to give especially when emotions, our own condemning heart, screams from the world, terrors without and within would want to constrain us from giving a sacrifice of praise.

I needed to say that for myself too. Thank you for being honest.
I've had a really hard week and have grown dull. Thank you because I want to take the advice for myself the Lord gave me for you lest I too fall away.

His mercies are new every morning, may you wake up with a love song for Him.

2011/9/15 23:23Profile

Re: Love

Thanks Ruthiepoothie, I sincerely thank you for the encouragement.

but just loving Him blindly doesn't work for me. BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT X 10000000000000. It only made the situation worse because I would believe in a God that never came through. He sent false prophets after false prophets and now I'M BEING BLAMED FOR MY UNBELIEF. Somehow it's my fault that I'M NOT A BEREAN.

Only actions counts. Words mean nothing to me now after all the bad experiences I've seen in my life and the life of others.

That's how God will judge us too. What did he say to those pharisees who were all about saying the right things. He said it's all about the heart. And why is the word "fruit" mentioned in the n.t. Because fruits means action, it means something more than words, it's a reflection of your heart.

Here is an example, a man can tell his wife, HE LOVES HER, TO TRUST HIM, THAT HE WILL TAKE CARE OF HER but if all he does is cheat on her in front of her, beat her up, and steal from her, HOW DO YOU BELIEVE THOSE WORDS?

This is how frustrating it is. Please forgive me if my words are too harsh, I'm only saying what's the truth. I dare not lie to you guys especially on these matters.

2011/9/16 0:36

Re:

Solomon101,

Thanks for organizing my thoughts, I'm responding to a couple of people here and a couple of emails so my mind has a lot on its mind.

So far the list seems like a good but let me go over it and finish the list once and for all.

I'll try to edit this post today.

"ps- believe it or not you really are in a good place at this point. I know it does not seem like it... but one day it will."

I'm kinda weary with of that phrase. I heard it a couple of times before. So anything I hear a couple of times gets turned into "empty xian catchphrase" My trust in everything is shocked. All I see around and I mean ALL OVER THE PLACE is designer christianity, even designer mission trips.

Can you elaborate on that phrase, thanks.

2011/9/16 7:27

Re:

Quote:
You are ignorant because you "glanced" at my post and suddenly knew it all.

It’s not ignorance to state Biblical truth. Everything I have stated on this thread is absolutely true. Why? Because it applies to every single one of us!

Krispy

2011/9/16 8:25

Re:

Krispy,

I sincerely apologize if I offended you with my posts but there is a misunderstanding here.

Everything you have said is the biblical truth but these arguments occur because a lot of these verses are taken out of context.

These aren't my words, please check out my other thread for clarification

It will cost you everything, EVERYTHING???

and

Jesus and the Rich Man by ArtB

2011/9/16 8:46

Re:

Approved,

Thank you for your posts, there have been many posts here so it's taking me some time to reply to everyone.

I've read it a couple of times but I'd like to give it another go because there is an abundance of good infomation in these posts.

And about being harsh, I don't mind you being harsh at all. All I ask is you do it in love, I'm not a prideful person, I have no problems admitting wrong. But I have to add, I'm saying things that I'm believing at that moment. For the sake of honesty, I cannot sugarcoat any of my posts.

2011/9/16 8:50

Re:

a-servant

Thank you, I just pulled up craigslist right now. I was always intrigued by sales. I'm not a people person but I could be sociable when I need to. And I'm persistent/tenacious by nature.

2011/9/16 8:52

Re:

"But I don't know that He will help you through me or anyone else here on this thread because you are hard hearted. You've come here to vent, not to receive counsel it appears."

Lkid

I've come to vent and receive counsel, not one or the other but both.

I need to clarify this with you here. My heart wasn't hard at first but after years and years of disappointment, my faith dwindled to nothing. If I came to and asked you to borrow $2000 every week for 15 years telling you that I would double your money every week but instead of bringing your doubled money would ask for $2000 more every week(losing the previous week's money), any normal person would at first be confused, then that confusion would change to frustration then anger.

I had a childlike faith, an open mind. I sincerely believed God loved me. Would anyone that really had a hardened heart give up THIS MUCH? really?

Even the father of faith had points in his life that he lacked faith, no? Didn't Sarah laugh at the angel when the angel said that she was FINALLY going to get pregnant at around 100 years of age after waiting FOR ALL THAT TIME? They were normal people doing normal things. I'm no different. I'm just an average joe doing what an average joe does.

And it really does frustrate me when people say it's not about circumstances. Please don't say those words.. lol. It is and it isn't. The last guy told me about that supposedly had a supernatural visit from God where God led him through the streets to feed the poor and to show His love. All of us who knew our friend have questions about his encounter. I shared my suffering with him and he would be adamant that "it's not about your circumstances", this was probably a year ago.

Some bad "circumstances" happened to him and now he never reads the bible, and gave up on God. The only things that are on his mind right now are alcohol, partying, and girls.

You are right circumstances don't dictate who God is by itself but experience does factor into the equation. There is a thread here about doctrine vs experience. If I had a better foundation with God before all this happened, I would still be strong in my faith. If I had no foundation before, it's going to end up like this.

"We get our eyes off the Lord and into trouble and cry out to Him and He lifts us up. But He does it on His time. To everything [there is] a season, A time for every purpose under heaven: God has a purpose for you in this season of life and its for your good if you trust in Him. "

but on the other hand I'm SLOWLY beginning to see, there is something meaningful going on. I'm not going to prematurely say it's God, we'll have to see. Are you referring to the passage in Ecclesiastes about a time for everything?

2011/9/16 8:56
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

Hey Codek-

I had written, "believe it or not you really are in a good place at this point. I know it does not seem like it... but one day it will.

You asked, "Can you elaborate on that phrase, thanks".

Yeah....I can. However, don't get sidetracked from the actual questions and answers we are working on. Just simply take it as an encouragement. I have been where you are. I read your frustrations..and understand them well. Just suffice it to say that ultimate betrayal by a few of those who were the very closest to me, those who I believed were called along side me at that time, led to the destruction of a movement of God that was affecting an entire geographic area. I spent basically the next 10 years in the wilderness unsure if I ever heard God at all..except twice. Yeah...I understand taking a risk, putting it on the line, and then feeling like God hung you out to dry. Like He set you up to take a fall...just because He could. I understand it well. Therefore I can truly say that 12 years down the road I see more of what happened than I could at the time. Just take it as an encouragement from a guy who has been there and leave it at that. Stay focused on whether the following is true---

The two reasons you are struggling so boil down to-

1.The lifestyle you see other people living that profess to be Christians does not match what you read the scripture saying it should be.
2. You are unable to sense God speaking to you.

If you agree with those two reasons then we can move on. However, it is important to make certain in your heart and mind that's all there is. If there is another reason then share SPECIFICALLY what it is. If it does boil down to those two then we will go a step farther.

Hang in there. No "Christianese" cliches from me. I know from experience how they just grate your emotions and soul at this time.

Blessings,

Solomon101

2011/9/16 9:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy