SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Those crazy Puritans, that crazy Dave Wilkerson, and crazy me ...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Rahman

Those crazy Puritans, that crazy Dave Wilkerson, and crazy me ...

i was watching the revival program "One Nation Under God" on TBN, when one of the pastors said that everytime any type of individual disaster, and especially any type of major collective disaster happened to the Puritans, their first and only response was REPENTANCE! ... The pastor said it didn't matter how good they'd been prior to say a dire illness afflicting themselves or a family member, or a famine, terrible storm or earthquake, they felt it a sign of God's rumbling displeasure, and they got about the remedy of repentance ... Not so today ... we're educated ...

Today most folk, including many believers, view the Puritans as a bunch of fanatic sour pussed legalist who had no understanding (as we so learned today) that those diseases were simply caused by microbes, famines by fluke weather patters, drought and hurricanes also, and earthquakes are scentifically proven as but the ever so slowly shifting of the earths mantle plates ...

But is that the case? ... Or are all such seemingly natural phenomena, as crazy Dave Wilkerson expounds, not only in the hands of an all controlling God, but also of His use in not only rumbling His displeasure with mankind, but in executing devestating judgment to the inhabitants of the earth ... "Nahhhhh" ... many of todays saints say, "We're under grace, God doesn't open up the earth and swallow folk in this dispensation, He's our Timex God, when it comes to His absorbing our continual blatant sin(s) He's just quietly sitting back in glory taking a licking, but keeps on ticking" ... Well crazy brother Dave in this sermon out of Deuteronomy preaches otherwise ...

The Last Days as Seen by the Prophets
by David Wilkerson
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=4390

According to crazy brother Dave, those crazy Puritans had the right idea of repenting at first sign of any trouble, which this crazy believer also believes ... As a fellow crazy i totally agree with crazy brother Dave, judgment is not coming to America the nation and Church, it's already here and quickly escalating ... But then what do we crazy folk who see God's almighty hand in everything know?

Crazy brother Dave ends this sermon by saying that we crazies, as things get worse, will become calmer, and calmer, in fact rejoicing as things get worse ... i can tell you that in all the years of my Christian walk i have never felt more at peace, and calm, as i am right now ... This might sound crazy, but it feels like i'm in "the calm before the storm" ...

This jester for Jesus is looking forward in 2005 to standing back and beholding the Almighty unmistakable moving of the hand of our Lord ... Severe changes are nigh in the Body, as judgment is already begun in the house of the Lord! ... Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, as it already is in heaven Lord Jesus ... Amen

God Is Training A Holy Remnant
by David Wilkerson
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=3292

The following is a distributed "word" the Spirit gave this cuckoo for Christ in January of 2001 ...

WELCOME TO THE TRUE, NEW MILLENNIUM! .... 2001 .... "THE COUNTDOWN HAS BEGUN"

OCCURENCES IN THIS DECADE:

FIRST TO THE CHURCH .....

The Church of Jesus Christ, from Pentecost up until (313 AD) the time of the Roman church's usurpation of the leadership of the Holy Spirit, was a "do right" Church. It was not concerned with "grand edifices", but with the lowly individual human being as "temple" - and the welfare of the poor. It was not concerned with "pomp", but more eager to "pump" the life changing message of the Lord Jesus Christ. It's only interest in "circumstance" was "Are you saved" ? ... and "do you know Jesus"? And the only "ceremony" that held it's interest was that of "baptism", and the keeping of the "Last Supper" sacrament.

After Satan's deception of the Body of Christ (via the vanities of men) into/thru a 1200 year period of spiritual darkness (The Dark Ages - 313 to 1525 AD), the Lord eventually called Martin Luther as His "protest(ant) reformer". Since the time of his nailing the "95 THESIS" (1517 AD) to the church of Rome's door, the Body of Christ has been on a long, slow road back to recovery! Even though in our illness we have gained countless souls over the centuries (for the Word of God never returns unto Him void), we've since been on the mission of a "get right" Church! Christ has been waiting all this time for us to "renew our strength"! .... Well guess what! .... God say's, "WE'RE HEALED, so pick up our bed/his cross and walk"!!! .... God is now re-requiring a "do right" Church! He knows that WE are now just "pretending" infirmity, because WE don't really want to bear His cross, by individually speaking up about His Gospel ! ... THIS IS THE FINAL HARVEST!

As per Revelation chapters 2 & 3, the Lord is about to "remove angels/pastors" and "candle sticks/individual churches" - "if thou doth not repent"! In other words its either "do right now", or "die right now"! ... spiritually and/or physically. ... And yes there is still "sin unto death", even under grace (1 John: 5:16).... Many pastors are about to be physically called home, so as to be replaced by "those whom God has chosen" to tend His flock.

We are about to witness an unprecedented stirring up of the Body of Christ due to the Divine dismissal of "angels/pastors" who are not willing to "repent" to the renewed leadership of the Holy Spirit. And the redistribution (removal of candlesticks) of their sheep, hungry for the undiluted Word, towards relocation into "do right" churches (like that of Philadelphia) under "do right" pastors! .... So if YOU'RE a "do right" pastor, GET READY! ... for both your ministry and your responsibilities are about to skyrocket! (Matt: 25: 28-30) .... And you store front "do right" pastors of poor Smyrna type churches had better start looking for larger digs! ... Then "hold fast that which thou hast, that no man take thy crown"! (Rev. 3:11)

Also the imminent chastisements coming on America will force the Body of Christ in the U.S., into a renewed sense of Christian community and sharing (Acts. 2: 44-47 & Act. 4:34). God is not pleased with the palsied effect that socio-economic, racial, doctrinal, and denominational schisms have wracked upon His Body (1 Cor. chapter 12). There is but "one Lord, one faith and one baptism"! (Eph . 4: 1-6). And we are all "equally" joint heirs in Christ (Rom. 8:17).

Let me make this analogy. We are not to be like the harlot that rides the back of the beast. We are not to be soft, puffy and bloated with the excesses of the warnings of 1 John 2: 15 & 16. WE ARE THE BRIDE OF CHRIST! Christ is coming back for a glorious Bride, one trim enough to don our soon coming wedding gown of glory! ..... There will be no signs of carnal overindulgences on the body of a Bride, fresh from being toned by the work in the field of her Lords final harvest .... REPENT!

If you suspect the above the rantings of some misguided crazy man in Christ then please pray for me as hard as i'm praying for you because i don't think you're crazy in Christ enough ... Amen

2004/12/8 15:38Profile

Re: Those crazy Puritans, that crazy Dave Wilkerson, and crazy me ...

Bless God!

I am endeavouring to embrace both holiness and purity. I am trying to appreciate the holiness of the Lord, modeling by the prophet Isaiah in this 6th chapter of his prophecy.

May the Holy Spirit fill you and thrill you,
Neil

2004/12/8 20:54
shazbot

USA

Re:

God is all-powerful but not all-controlling. If God was all-controlling, then essentially, we have no free will and and one must embrace the doctrines of ultra-Calvinist groups like Westboro Baptist Church (which runs Godhatesfags.com and Godhatesamerica.com).

This means that there can be no repentance unless God decides you are worthy to repent, which, if God hates sin, means that you wouldn't ever be worthy to repent. This means that, after receiving Christ, if you make one mistake it means you weren't really chosen by God to be a Christian, and so you're going to hell without anything on your part that you can do to change it, so you might as well just go out and sin up a storm because you're just going to hell anyway.

This is what is preached by these people. They are filled with hate and anger and do not love one another as God loves them.

But I digress. My point here is, many occurences that we believe to be coincidence are likely God-enacted, but not all of them. If it were so, it would have disastrous effects on other doctrines of Christianity we both hold to be true.

2004/12/8 21:58Profile
dohzman

Just like the puritians when things go wrong in my life its carpet time. I don't repent after every little thing but if , say the car breaks down and needs repaired---no big deal. But if the car breaks down and the washers goes kaput and something else happens that affect my families well being all at once,,,,you can believe my knees hit the floor and I seeking the Lord as to repentance from sins, just like thoughs puritans.

2004/12/9 0:09Profile

Re:

I know that whether you believe in calvinism or arminianism, or a little bit of both, we have alot that we can learn from the Puritans. ALOT

2004/12/9 0:34
Ethan

Dubai

BROTHER RAHMAN,

BECAREFUL TO READ THE SCRIPTURES. IN THE LAST DAYS THERE WILL BE NO REVIVAL BUT APOSTASY. DONT EXPECT THAT GOD WILL REPLACE THE PASTORS WITH NEW ONE WITH STIRRING UP OF THEIR SPIRIT. DONT TAKE MY WORDS AND FIND OUT YOURSELF. MAY GOD BLESS YOU WITH UNDERSTANDING.

IN CHRIST
SHANKAR

2004/12/9 3:16Profile
Rahman

shazbot you wrote;
"God is all-powerful but not all-controlling. If God was all-controlling, then essentially, we have no free will" ...

i don't mean in the aspect of free will, yes we all have free will on this side of glory but not on the other side, as God already knows whether we be vessels of mercy, or vessels of wrath ... When i say all controlling i mean as to the bottom line, the final say ... But to me, even in our aspect of choice, in that final analysis if we chose wrong, it's the all controlling God (or maybe i should say the God who has everything under control) who decides where you'll spend eternity ... Our wills at this time may be ours, but what our wills are placed in is not, for that belongs to God ... In the final analysis after death, if we're not under the blood of Jesus, God controls where you end up ... You may want to change your mind later to escape hell, but God won't change His ...

You also wrote;
"My point here is, many occurences that we believe to be coincidence are likely God-enacted, but not all of them. If it were so, it would have disastrous effects on other doctrines of Christianity we both hold to be true".

For some my take on this subject might cause disastrous effects on other doctrines of Christianity, which is why they reject my stance, and that's a matter of free will ... We can believe what and how we want until the Holy Spirit shows us if we're right or wrong in our beliefs, and that only occuring if we don't reject His correcting ... For me personally an all controlling God does not diminish anything of God or His word when i say i believe that God moves soveriegnly or permissively in His will throughtout human history ... It's like when a church roof collapses and kills saints, did God do that soveriegnly, or did He just permit it? ... Only God knows, and unlike prior in my wrestling with God if it occurs, to me His will is being done, and it's not up to me to question Him (anymore) about how He excercises His will, for my faith in Him is no longer connected to "Why God" in my life in the here, but "Thank You God" for my glorious life in the hereafter ...

i hope this makes it clearer where i'm coming from ... It's become a most comforting thing for me to rest in the faith that God works all things out to my good, and that no matter how dire things may appear He's got it all in total control ...

2004/12/9 10:33Profile
Rahman

Shankar you wrote;
"MAY GOD BLESS YOU WITH UNDERSTANDING".

Amen ... That's why i posted this thread ...

He's about to reveal to me just who's crazy ... (Me) for believing and acting upon for the past 21 years what i believe He's said in my spirit about Revival and final harvest, (or you) who belives my exact opposite ... That's why i'm so calm and at peace, for in my spirit i know that i've done all that i've believed He's required of me in these first 21 years of service in Him, so now to be made plain to me and all those i've ministered to for two decades thru my belief in what i've heard Him say ... Was it Him, or was it me directing my faith and works? ... That's what's about to be brought to light!

In the coming year(s) may He make Himself unmistakably plainer and bless us all with higher understanding ... Amen

2004/12/9 10:36Profile
Ethan

Dubai

Re:

Brother Rahman,

If i write in caps it means i am aggressive i believe thats what one of the member wrote to me. I didn't know this. sorry if you have taken it in the aggressive mode. this is the first time i am participating in a forum. i didnt know the rules and regulations and how to write.

it is not the question of who is crazy, it is to rightly see the scriptures. May the Spirit of God convicts you and bring light. As a brother i just want to give you hints what Jesus mentioned in the last days "just as in the days of Lot and in the days of Noah" and again Paul warning the believers in the letters to thessalonians (2nd thessalonians chapter 2). Praise God. It is not about who is crazy? We make mistakes. it is to get up and walk again acknowledging our mistakes. It is not about how many years i am ministering it is about How i walk with the Lord. the more you go close to Lord we will see how much sinful we are. Like the Lord said there is nobody good except God. May God bless you.

Shankar

2004/12/9 11:21Profile
Rahman

Re:

Brother Shankar,

i recieve your words of concern and admonition in the love in which they are given ...

In His grace,

Br. R

2004/12/9 11:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy