SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : On the Lighter Side 2

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Here is a test: what is wrong with this picture?

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/teenmaniamaintenanceman/makesyouthink.jpg[/img]

Does anyone else see the inconsistency?

2004/11/30 0:28
hredii

Fresno CA

Re:

I don’t know? At first I did see the inconsistency, but now I see hope.
We are in dark times, but the morning is to come.
A Joyous future of repentance. What a joyous time it will be!

God is the one who rises up nations and tears them down. God has the power to rise up this dead nation to life and godliness once more. Let us all pray in faith and rejoice in hope through the Spirit. Above all putting on love the bond of perfection.

2004/11/30 0:53Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Re:

I want to know Jesse; Did you take this picture?
Where was this taken?

2004/11/30 0:55Profile

Re:

quote: "We are in dark times, but the morning is to come. A Joyous future of repentance. What a joyous time it will be!God is the one who rises up nations and tears them down. God has the power to rise up this dead nation to life and godliness once more. Let us all pray in faith and rejoice in hope through the Spirit. Above all putting on love the bond of perfection."

I also am standing in expectation of what God is going to do.

I did not take the picture. Actually it was Jeff aka J_A_Olver, who showed it to me.

2004/11/30 6:31
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

----
[b]Study: PCs make kids dumber[/b]

Students who use computers frequently at school perform worse than their peers at maths and reading, a study claims.

Those using computers several times a week performed "sizably and statistically significantly worse" than those who used them less often.

Thomas Fuchs and Ludger Woessmann of the CESifo economic research organisation in Munich base their conclusions on an analysis of test performance and background data from the 2000 PISA study. This study involved tens of thousands of students in 31 countries, including the UK, organised by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
----

2004/12/9 1:02Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/december/sad.gif[/img]

I found this funny at first but really its pretty sad and very true.

2004/12/9 22:27Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Here is a funny correction to the image that this thread started off with:

---

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/december/18242.jpg[/img]
[b]Popular Mechanics: Don't Blame Us[/b]
NEW YORK, Dec. 9, 2004--Those co-workers who constantly clutter your inbox with e-mail forwards aren't the only ones who have fallen for a recent Internet hoax involving a fictitious 1954 POPULAR MECHANICS article. It appears two savvy software CEOs have also been taken in by the Photoshop handiwork of a Danish software designer.

A manipulated photo of a mock submarine console (above), passed off as a 1950s projection of the 2004 home computer, was used by Sun Microsystems Chief Executive Scott McNealy in his Oracle OpenWorld keynote speech yesterday in San Francisco to illustrate how rapidly technology improves. And this past fall, Lotus founder Mitch Kapor posted the image on his blog before later posting a correction.

Even we scratched our heads for a minute after first seeing the graphic. But after a closer look, everyone agreed that something wasn't quite right. More research revealed, much to our relief, that this was one prediction we did not make.

2004/12/11 19:08Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: On the Lighter Side 2

"Dear Lord," the preacher began with arms extended and a rapturous look on his upturned face, "without you we are but dust..."

He would have continued, but at that moment one very obedient little girl (who was listening carefully) leaned over to her mother and asked quite audibly in her shrill little girl voice, "Mommy, WHAT is butt dust?"

Church was pretty much over at that point...

2005/12/13 11:28Profile
dullrainbow

Iowa U.S.

Re: On the Lighter Side 2

A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales.
The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human because even though it was a very large mammal its throat was very small.
The little girl stated that Jonah was swallowed by a whale.
Irritated, the teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human; it was physically impossible.
The little girl said, "When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah".
The teacher asked, "What if Jonah went to hell?"
The little girl replied, "Then you ask him ".

The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic elementary school for lunch. At the head of the table was a large pile of apples.
The nun made a note, and posted on the apple tray:
"Take only ONE. God is watching."
Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table was a large pile of chocolate chip cookies.
A child had written a note, "Take all you want. God is watching the apples.

2005/12/13 16:30Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

[url=http://sermonspice.com/catalog/product_info.php?format_selected=wmv&length_selected=long&play=1&products_id=722]Evangelism Linebacker[/url]

This is great! This is for all of you who have fears about sharing your faith! HAHA you will enjoy it..

2005/12/14 12:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy