sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 1000's OF BRITS CONVERT to ISLAM

MUSLIM CONQUEST of BRITAIN
-by Paul Williams.

A study by of the Centre for Migration Policy Research at Swansea
University shows that thousands of Britons are converting to Islam
every year – with more women becoming Muslims than men.

The research suggests that the numbers converting to the religion
has doubled by 2010 from the 60,669 converts in 2001. The average
age of the Muslim converts is 27.5...

A detailed study by Swansea University for inter-faith think-tank
Faith Matters, suggests that despite an often negative portrayal of
Islam in the media, more people are adopting the religion each year.

Kevin Brice, the director of the study, says that 56% of converts
to Islam were white British, with 62% being female.

Presently, according to the London Times, the Islamic population
of Great Britain exceeds 2.4 million.

The Daily Mail contends that more than 25% of the British Muslims
visit a mosque at least once a week.

By contrast, Paul Richardson, Assistant Bishop of Newcastle,
maintains that less than 1% of the 18 million Christians who belong
to the Church of England attend Sunday services. “At this rate,” the
Bishop speculates, “it is hard to see the church surviving for more
than 30 years though few of its leaders are prepared to face that possibility.

“If decline continues,” the Bishop adds, “Christian Research has
estimated that church closures will accelerate from their present
rate of 30 a year to 200 a year as dwindling congregations make
the cost of keeping them open too great.”

While 30 Anglican parishes close every year, seventy new mosques
sprout up throughout the United Kingdom.

2011/2/9 20:31Profile
A-Run

India

Re: 1000's OF BRITS CONVERT to ISLAM

I fail to understand such kind of things. But all I should do is to hang my head in shame.

The other day, one of colleagues at office said she likes Islam and is beginning to read their book. I did give her a New Testament and a testimony of a muslim girl who turned to Christ.

More and more I see a poor representation/demonstration of Christ being portrayed by me and the church at large. May the Lord revive us.

Well-

Quote:
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths...

2011/2/9 22:43Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
I fail to understand such kind of things

I thought the same when I read this article.

My question is what is there in Islam that people find so attractive?

Is it not odd that while popular Christianity is working to accommodate sin, justifying disobedience, saying obedience is irrelevant, that Islam, who has such stringent rules, appeals to many? Or, perhaps, relativism creates a vacuum in the heart of man for something absolute which Islam offers.

Will Christians ever learn?

2011/2/10 7:28Profile
RainMan

Re:

Quote:

Many people feel angry,disenfranchised and segregated by western society. They see democracy and even Christianity as tools of social engineering that Britain and America have used to extend their empires. This alienation is what Islam preys upon quite successfully. If the economic depression gets worse then so will the social divide and inherent bitterness by these alienated people. The question is not how we can become more seeker friendly, it should be how do we experience the power that backed up the preaching of the gospel during the time of the apostles and during 3rd world missionary work today?

2011/2/10 8:06Profile
whyme

Re:

Pagans converting to Islam is merely a change of hats. What should really be disturbing is that someone actually thinks there are 18 million Christians in Great Britain when only 1% assemble with the saints. It's the sin in the "church" that should be most alarming. True children of the kingdom hunger and thirst for righteousness. As David said, cleanse me from my unrighteousness and then I will teach trangressors Your ways..... "Convert the church" seems to be a reasonable matter of first importance.

2011/2/10 8:24Profile
A-Run

India

Re:

Quote:

I have been seeing these days that many are looking for or are wanting to be/act spiritual. Spiritualism is the "in" thing these days, I guess. But surely it's amazing.

I am not sure whether Islam has got anything to offer to the man who has a vacuum. But, surely these people who turn to other beliefs' have not found Christianity (Christ that is professed by believers) attractive.

Quote:
Will Christians ever learn?

Good question. And I for myself hope to learn and learn quickly.

2011/2/10 23:57Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i feel that we are the problem. Jesus said that by this you shall know that they are My disciples; that they love on another. we , on this site are egocentric and arrogant and preach all different things that cause strife and discord amongst us. we argue about the dumbest things while the world goes to hell. when we witness, some do so with an attitude of religeous arrogance... we tell people things that Jesus would not tell them, for He would use wisdom and kindness.some even start by telling the person we are talking to what a rotten sinner they are as if we were somehow far superior to them. we lift up sin as the main problem and sometimes never get to the one who forever defeated sin...Jesus.we have so much to offer and even proof of the offer.no condemnation,eternal life,prospering,health and healing, joy unspeakable,but most of all we offer a redeemer that time itself was devided by.Jesus,THE KING OF KINGS ,THE LORD OF LORDS...THE ONE WHO CONQUERED DEATH AND HELL BY HIS RESSUERECTION,a fact of history.jim

2011/2/11 0:35Profile

Re: jim p.

Only the Holy Spirit can compel you to prophesy as such.

and i see some of the posts you write IN THE HOLY SPIRIT, my heart leaps, and my soul says "amen".

Would to God, we take such forthtelling to heart, and consider our ways.

(later addition; but then the Words of Jesus in Mark come to me: "For everyone will be salted with fire".)

2011/2/11 7:50
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I think what you are seeing here is the true danger that a secular society creates: it never stays secular.

As pointed out by Timothy Keller, the human heart is an idol factory. It is human nature to create idols and worship them. A secular society may have mammon as its god for a season, but fallen human nature being what it is, longs for something "bigger" than the empty pursuit of materialism. And without filling the human heart with Christ, man will naturally turn to demonic things such as Islam to fill that "God shaped hole" in the human heart.

2011/2/11 8:04Profile
RainMan

Re:

As hard as it is to accept "narrow is the way" that leads to life and there be few that find it. There will be a multitude of believers in heaven but this number will be a fraction of humanity as the majority will end up in hell. Society is just the way our lord told us it would be. Every thing Yahweh told us will be fulfilled. The narrow path is not popular. Its sad to see Islam gain such a foothold but what about our homes? is every one of siblings, children, work colleagues, and dare i say church members really saved? Do we even care? Is it much easier to ignore all responsibilities we have to each other as a body. I remember the bible saying two will be in the field, one taken the other not, two in a bed , one taken and one remains. I often wondered if the two in the bed both husband and wife if either knew each others salvation was in danger and if they prayed to the lord at all or where they just so comfortable in church activity neither knew there was danger. The things the lord has sovereign-ly declared and ordained for our time will stand and prophesy will be fulfilled not one little jot will be removed. My prayer is for the lord to continue to reveal his counsel to his remnant and for us to be obedient to his commands.

2011/2/11 8:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy