SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ways to help raise Money for Missions with no Money!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

I don't have a bank account or credit card - I use money orders. Are they alright to use?

2011/1/19 21:14
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I don't have a bank account or credit card - I use money orders. Are they alright to use?

Don't use them! give them to missions brother :)!!

2011/1/19 21:27Profile

Re:

I think it's absolutely the most refreshing thing on earth, at this point in history, during the beginnings of perilous times, to see a fellow believer smile.

Bless our King of kings.

Thank you!:)

2011/1/20 0:09
HeartSong

Re:

I do want to apologize for coming on so strong. It would be a horrible thing to damage the ministry of another.

God bless you Greg - for all that you do in His name.

2011/1/20 1:19Profile
HeartSong

Re:

This morning, as I was starting a fire in the little wood stove in my kitchen, I noticed a problem in the burning of the bright glossy advertising inserts that come with the newspaper. While I have heard that the burning of these things create a buildup of soot in the chimney, and have observed that the flames turn strange colors while burning them (I have heard they put off poisonous gases) I really did not think that it mattered that much and was burning them anyway since I have a pretty good stack of them.

Anyway, while I was getting the fire started, I noticed something else. After the flame dies out, which happens very quickly with these advertising inserts, there is an ash skeleton that remains that restricts the flow of air around the logs and often the fire itself goes out.

I am thinking that it is the same way for any ministry that starts to rely on such things to bring in funding - the fire goes out.

NOTE: I am NOT saying GFA does this, it just seems to fit in here and for some reason the LORD will not let the matter die.

2011/1/22 21:50Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I am thinking that it is the same way for any ministry that starts to rely on such things to bring in funding - the fire goes out.

NOTE: I am NOT saying GFA does this, it just seems to fit in here and for some reason the LORD will not let the matter die.

Dear sister,

Amen. Great thoughts and a very true lesson the Lord is teaching you. The man-made methods of the flesh can never build and help continue the work of God it will just end up as you stated putting out the fire. I have erred on this with SermonIndex many times in a smaller way. Make God keep a purify of fuel that is used: Faith, Trust, Prayer, etc in seeing His work continue. From my experience with GFA that really rely on prayer and other methods and these other means are just that for them. But there is a danger with these if the focus ever goes to them or if they become something central in the ministry.

Thank you sister for sharing this. It is an warning and encouragement to me also.

2011/1/22 22:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy