SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : God is a girl?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Crux

Re:

Along with the Texas Chainsaw Massacre
movie they show at that festival.

2010/9/16 15:23Profile
knitefall

Re: God is a girl?

This is a little off topic but perhaps interesting to study:

Most passages in the Word deal with a Lamb as a sacrifice. We know a Lamb can be used for all sacrifices whereas a bull or a dove cannot.

And a ram is a male sheep/ full grown lamb. Why would a lamb (female) be consistently used instead of a ram (male)? Of coarse in Revelation we see the word for 'Little Lamb' used many times- meaning young lamb. Which may or may not be female.

any thoughts?

2010/9/16 15:56Profile

Hi kitefall,

'Why would a lamb (female) be consistently used instead of a ram (male)? Of coarse in Revelation we see the word for 'Little Lamb' used many times- meaning young lamb. Which may or may not be female.

any thoughts?'

Where, in scripture, is a lamb being used for sacrifice, NOT a male? (I'm not aware.)

If you could lay out the scriptures in which 'lamb' is clearly female, I'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

2010/9/16 18:04
knitefall

Re:

It's just the issue of gender. Not implying whatsoever God is female, He's not.
"...a RAM caught in the thicket..."

Versus,

lamb being used all over the rest of Scripture.

I understand 'Lamb' might be used in place of Ram and a Lamb denotes tenderness and innocence.

While a Ram is a male lamb fully grown. Just thoughts.

TO the message bible people, God does not see gender. He sees in Spirit. Our bodies are only machines(vessels) that we use to get around in right now. We've not seen God in His essential Nature. No man has seen the Father... But we can know His Love and works through watching Him and what He did on the Cross. The message bible is loaded with sensual phrases and phrases used by the Druids and other wicked pagan cults. Be careful with it and it should be for reference only.

2010/9/16 18:28Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Crux I will remind you that these "enemies" are not enemies at all but neighbors the true enemy is not made up of flesh and blood but our battle is of the spiritual realm. Also to gently tell you this there are two types in heaven one is quick to intercede while the other is quick to accuse. I don't know if you are interceding for these people but I know that Christ Jesus is. I wouldn't condemn anyone or wish anyone to burn in hell because I myself deserve such a fate, My sins largely outweigh these pagans 10 fold. But by sheer grace Christ died for me and these pagans, Christ is merciful I would suggest to do likewise. It is only by sheer grace that you aren't a pagan condemned to hell to you really should be praising the Lord and be heartbroken for these individuals rather than wish them to hell. But seriously I love you and I hope that you see that error of saying you want someone to burn in hell.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/9/16 22:26Profile

Hi kitefall,

I just did a word search on 'without blemish', which was required for all acceptable sacrifices, and the gender of the lamb is usually stated.

The Passover in Egypt, which foreshadowed the Day of Atonement, specifically states: Exodus 12:5 Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take [it] out from the sheep, or from the goats

But these next two have to be read in context:
Leviticus 4:23 3 Or if his sin, wherein he hath sinned, come to his knowledge; he shall bring his offering, a kid of the goats, a male without blemish:

Leviticus 4:28 8 Or if his sin, which he hath sinned, come to his knowledge: then he shall bring his offering, a kid of the goats, a female without blemish, for his sin which he hath sinned.

My impression is, that you jumped to the conclusion 'lamb' could be of either gender in every case, whereas, God is precise about whether the gender of the sacrifice matters to Him or not. I suspect there is a meaning to each time He states 'male' and each time He states 'female', which seasoned readers may be able to expound more fully.

It also strikes me from a practical point of view, to a shepherd who needed to feed his family from the flock, if only males were to be sacrificed, it may unbalance the flock. I think there's more than we could discuss here, to apprehend in these pictures.

1 Peter 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

2010/9/17 5:39

Re:

Matthew...

That is a great word. I wish I had written it. Unfortunately it may fall on deaf ears for I find that Crux is even more abusive and childish in his private messages. I'll just leave it at that. I have had to warn him not to contact me anymore. Hopefully the moderators will address his behavior.

I've only been here a couple of weeks, but if this is how Christians who are interested in "revival" behave and act toward one another is it any wonder that God has not brought revival? Really?

2010/9/17 6:05

Re:

Quote:
I've only been here a couple of weeks, but if this is how Christians who are interested in "revival" behave and act toward one another is it any wonder that God has not brought revival? Really?

Naw, it's only the occasional griefers, trolls, or the venomously self righteous. They appear from time to time. Judge everyone. Call people who disagree servants of Satan. Etc. etc. They don't usually stick around for long though. Don't sweat it.

2010/9/17 6:10
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Brother, I had to fight the impulse to weigh in on this subject but a verse came to mind. "He that passeth by, and meddleth with strife belonging not to him, is like one that taketh a dog by the ears!" Pro. 26:17. God has a sense of humor, don't you think?

But now I will.

Everest is right.

God is still on the throne. He desires all our affection and honor. Let us be about and be faithful. And leave hair-splitting to the hair-splitters!

ginnyrose

2010/9/17 12:39Profile
Renoncer

Re:

HomeSkoolDad brings a good point, though.

I would not be so quick as to say, "that doesn't apply to me", for I fear that this is precisely the attitude that needs to be broken in order to see the church revived.

Let us stop saying, "I am above all this...", but let us rather say, "Oh God, have mercy on me, a sinner".

We are all in the same mess! I am as guilty as anyone else in the so-called "church". But, of course, "I am of the remnant, as opposed to these people over there!" What arrogance! Let us stop exalting ourselves, and let us plead for God's mercy instead.

If you wish to throw stones at me, I say unto you, "Yea, I am deserving of such wrath; but, ye are guilty of the same!"

2010/9/17 13:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy