SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Keep the Fire Burning!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Keep the Fire Burning!

Quote:
First let me say that it is a rare thing for me to suggest that something I have to say is worth hearing.

Brother, personally I saw your posts but felt it wasn't time for me to read it. I read them all tonight and am pierced to my heart. This post [b]is 'worth hearing'[/b], Thank you so much for laying your heart bare and relying on God to share these truths of spiritual life with us. I feel indebted to you brother. :-)

Quote:
Finally God stirred. I was doing a search of Leonard Ravenhill on the web, when I discovered this sight. One of the first things I watched was the Ravenhill video interview. Wow, what an impact it had! The fire immediately returned and with greater intensity than even the previous 30 days. Sometimes I could hardly sleep.

AWESOME! I was so stirred also when I first watched the video in VHS form. If you reader are intrested in watching the same video click on the link below:

[url=http://66.139.79.202/sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=1702]Leonard Ravenhill Interview (Video)[/url]

[url=http://66.139.79.202/sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=1701]Leonard Ravenhill Interview (Audio Only Version)[/url]

Quote:
I read about Wigglesworth and was once again stirred by his life. This time somethig really stuck out to me about his life. It was the way he guarded the things of God in his life. He was very protective of his time with God. He would excuse himself at times from the company of others to spend time with the Lord whenever he felt the Spirit drawing him. He kept his mind continually on the Lord. He realized how quickly one could become cold, and so he guarded the things of God. He didn't take vacation from the things of God. He said that he couldn't take vacations because the Devil never takes vacation. He guarded the things of God.

WOW! That's some great spiritual experience and application. I heard that wigglesworth constantly read his bible and carryed a his favorite small testament in his pocket everywhere.

2003/9/2 23:01Profile
Koinonia2

USA

Re:

Thank you, PJ! I was very encouraged by your post! :)

I look forward to watching that Ravenhill interview now. I trust the Lord will bless me with that!

Thank you! Praise the Lord!

DanielJ

2003/9/3 5:24Profile
beauxp

Vidalia, LA USA

Oh the wonder of Jesus. Brother. Some of the things that you said about Wigglesworth are also true for every great man of God that you will ever read about. Tozer was extremely watchful of his time as to make sure that he did not miss his times with the Lord, as was Booth, Finney, Charles Culpepper, Duncan Campbell, Hudson Taylor, and so on and so forth. All were following the example of Christ. You can look at the book of Luke and see how Luke shows the prayer life of Jesus. Prayer is the most vital part of our walk with Christ yet so many talk about it and read about it but do not do it. (Just as was mentioned in your post).

I have been in the midst of the beginning of a personal revival myself. But I have also seen how your heart can become so hard so fast. I guard my time with the Father, as it is vital.

I have sat back at the end of many days in the past few months with deep appreciation for what the Lord has been doing in my life and in the lives of others through prayer.

One day I was praying at our church before services on a Sunday. The Lord directed me to pray over a specific chair in our sanctuary. A very heavy burden came on me as I approached it and I stayed and prayed until the burden left. Later a person talked with me about bitterness that they had built up in their heart toward another person. They admitted that they wanted to get it right, we prayed, and they made it right between the Lord and themselves. This person sat in the very seat during our worship time that the Lord had directed me to pray over.

Another day, A friend of mine and I stared a men’s Christian fellowship, to encourage believers, to seek true revival, and see the lost come to Christ. The Lord put a person on my heart to invite. I had this persons name, number and address. I called this person but I had the wrong number, I had their address, but it turned out to be the wrong address. So as I sat in my car at the end of the drive that I thought was the house I prayed, a very simple prayer. “Lord, you have put this persons name on my heart about this. I have no way of finding this person at all. But Lord, you can put him on my path today. If you will then I will invite him.” 30 minutes later he walks into my office.

There are many other things that I could tell you now, but for lack of time I will not. Maybe someone needs to start a thread “The Miracles that follow the Plow”

Blessings to you all who read this, and I agree with the author of this thread. Don’t just talk about prayer, do it. Don’t just read books about God and the Bible, read the Bible. Don’t just read and talk about the movings of God, experience it.

Blessings,

Beaux Pilgrim

2003/9/3 10:25Profile
PJ

Thanks to everyone who responed to this post! I'm not looking for a pat on the back, but it does feel good to know that the time I spent typing was not wasted. Thanks again.

Keep the Fire Burning,
PJ

P.S. Been out of town for a couple of days. Back home again.

2003/9/4 23:30Profile
markso

Horsham, Australia

Re:

Praise the Lord for your awesome testimony. It is truly wonderful to read such a heartfelt pouring out of ones life that really helps others (I am sure I speak for most of us) "stir up the gift of God that is in them."
I am able to share, to a lessor degree, the seemingly roller coaster ride that is our walk with the Lord. But it should not be that way. Your post has encouraged me to guard against spiritual slothfulness and lukewarmness in my own walk.
I was only listening to David Wilkerson's message "Full Time Ministry" last night and was immensely challenged. I think that we would do well to heed his words and enforce a "Patmos" experience on ourselves as the apostle John. To totally and utterly shut ourselves up and in the Lord Jesus Christ. To be wholly given to him 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
One of the things that the Lord revealed to me, much of it through this site my I add, is to discipline my life. By and by I am fairly methodic and structured sort of a guy and like to have plan and purpose to my day. This can be a blessing but also a negative in some respects.
To close I would like to offer a link to another site to an article written by Richard Baxter on How to Spend the Day with God. I believe it ties in well with the musings in this post. May God richly bless you PJ and your wife in all your future endeavours.

http://www.puritansermons.com/baxter/baxter5.htm

2003/9/5 21:14Profile
heb13

Re:

Dear Pj

I amjust a new member and I am really encouraged as I read your mail. The time in the wilderness was too much for me. Crying " GOD Please reveal your will for Me". The evangelical church in India lacks his presence and power. And your mail was truly encouraging. Will be a regular in this forum.

HP

2003/10/3 1:58Profile
Everlast

Missouri

Re:

I too am new to this site, and I greatly enjoyed your post PJ. It is so very refreshing to see that there are other people who are experiencing this fire in their bones, much like Jeremiah! I can't express how awesome it is to see God move in people in this way. Thanks.

2003/10/16 22:24Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I too am new to this site, and I greatly enjoyed your post PJ.

Welcome to the site! ;-)

Quote:
It is so very refreshing to see that there are other people who are experiencing this fire in their bones, much like Jeremiah!

Yes it is brother, I think there are quite a few brothers and sisters that have come to this site with a burden from the Lord. And it is refreshing to share experiences and know that you are not alone. I pray that these sermons fuel this fire God started in our lifes.

2003/10/16 22:28Profile
moreofHim

Re:

P.J., i was encouraged to hear your story also. to know there is still one more person with this passion to be in His continous presence. i have felt that i have been in my own personal revival since last year (reading Ten S. and a S. put the lid on it). I didn't know this was possible- i was waiting for a revival "out there" somewhere. the Lord had given me many messages about restoration (restoring the Church)- but now I am starting to see that it is one person at a time (for the time being at least) He is building His Church this way.

take heart- when you said that you don't know what He's got in store for you and that you are just kind of waiting- that is me too- and many others also!!! just the other day i was pleading that He would give me a closer insight into what I was supposed to be doing- all He said was "The day is coming, the day is coming". Your day is coming and also for so many of us who are waiting.

in His love, chanin

2003/10/16 22:44Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I read about Wigglesworth and was once again stirred by his life. This time somethig really stuck out to me about his life. It was the way he guarded the things of God in his life. He was very protective of his time with God. He would excuse himself at times from the company of others to spend time with the Lord whenever he felt the Spirit drawing him. He kept his mind continually on the Lord. He realized how quickly one could become cold, and so he guarded the things of God. He didn't take vacation from the things of God. He said that he couldn't take vacations because the Devil never takes vacation. He guarded the things of God.

Everytime I read this post I get a holy awareness of life and time. We need to cherish the time that we can spend with Him.

Quote:
i have felt that i have been in my own personal revival since last year (reading Ten S. and a S. put the lid on it).

Listen to this life changing message here:
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=282]Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead (5.87 MB)[/url]

2003/12/23 11:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy