SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : MUST READ: Reviving What? by Merle Weaver

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi bdcutler,

I've read some things from that site also.

"What I have found is that the foundational fathers were a diverse group, like any secular group of men."

And a rather large group also.

This link [i]claims to list[/i] the religous affiliation of many of the 'founding fathers'.

[url=http://www.adherents.com/gov/Founding_Fathers_Religion.html#Declaration]http://www.adherents.com/gov/Founding_Fathers_Religion.html#Declaration[/url]

Even though the site suggests as many as 204 individuals that could be mentioned as 'founding fathers', it sugests also that even that list is restrictive and could include more.

I think, for instance, of the founder of Pennsylvania that I mentioned in my response, the quaker, William Penn.

"So, to claim that the foundational fathers were all Christian men who had strong faith is just not true."

I hope I did not imply that. My response was to the mention about freemasonry.

2009/10/1 21:40Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Reviving What? by Merle Weaver

Quote:
Merle wrote:
Brothers and sisters let us turn from seeking God for what we will get out if it, or how it will bless us. Let us lament the condition of the church, our lack or fire, salt, and godliness, and the millions of lost people in the “church”. Let us expect to suffer and die in this cause. Let us seek one thing only, His Glory, and His purpose.

The Lord shows many people things and each one of us have possibly piece to the puzzle!! I humbly offer my piece of the puzzle, so to speak...

[i]Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: [b]forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:[/b][/i]
Luke 6.37

[i]So if you are offering your gift on the altar, and there you remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. [b]FIRST go and BE RECONCILED with your brother, and then come and offer your gift.[/i][/b]
Mt 5:23-24

[i]Finally, [b]be YE all of one-mind[/b], compassionate, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous: not rendering evil for evil, or insult for insult; but instead blessing; knowing that to this were you called, that you may inherit a blessing.[/i]
1 Peter 3.8-9

[i]If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, fulfil ye my joy, [b]that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.[/b][/i]
Philippians 2.1-2

[i]And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, [b]they were all with one accord[/b] in one place.[/i]
Acts 2.1

The Glory of God fell when [i][b]they were all with one accord[/b] in one place.[/i] God didn't do that, they made a decision to be in one accord in one place. I truly believe that when WE choose to do that, the Glory of God will fall and all in our dwelling place will come (RUN) and to see what God has done!! They will FINALLY want what we have! He who has ears, let him hear!

All praise, honor, and glory be unto our God forever and ever!

2009/10/2 7:10Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
[i]And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, [b]they were all with one accord[/b] in one place.[/i]
Acts 2.1

I just wanted to add the 120 in the upper room was truly a miracle!

120 people ALL in ONE ACCORD? You KNOW that was God!
:-P :-) :-D ;-)

2009/10/2 17:09Profile
Laviver

Re:

I have been debating this issue for sometime within myself. To show more of the opposing side, merely for its representation and where they draw strength (that this is a Christian nation): see wallbuilders.com for a wealth of knowledge on the subject. Reviewing it, while probably not an exhaustive view of that position, will certainly give a broad picture.

2009/10/3 15:12Profile

Re: MUST READ: Reviving What? by Merle Weaver

Quote: "Paul, arguably, lived under one of the worst governments/emperors of history, namely Nero. Yet, we do not even find mention of his name, or one complaint about the godlessness of the nation. I believe Paul expected the world to be that way. His chief aim, interest, and focus was the Church, the body of Christ and any concern for the world or changing the lost was not through government reform, but through seeing them transformed and becoming part of this “other-worldly” kingdom."

Hear-hear! Good for you Brother Weaver & SI.

I see more daily that we're definitely in the minority within "christianity" or any religious mix and even with secular conservatives on these points.
Have experienced it very heavily first hand.
God seems to be raising up His little flock - 'the people of The Book' - those willing to take the ribbing for being such as well.

Thank you for this post. Now I can throw my hat into that type of revival - amen.

2009/10/3 16:50

Re:

Its the remnant people of God Jesus is God. The hat is welcome :)........Frank

2009/10/3 17:22
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone,

Since there was s mention of the type of revival that those at SI are seeking, I thought of this qoute from the Revival Hymn by Duncan Campbell:

“Mr.Campbell, there must be anything between 2 and 300 people at the police station. They’re gathered there and
some are on their knees, now I can't understand this...” Now he wasn't in the church, you see. But here a crowd of men and women, from a neighboring village, 5 and 6 miles away were so moved by God that they found themselves moving to the police station because the constable there was a God-fearing and well-saved man."

[i]... moving to the police station because the constable there was a God-fearing and well-saved man[/i]

He must have been part of the peacekeeping remnant.

:-)

2009/10/3 17:34Profile

Re:

Hi Chris, Scottish policeman have no guns :-) ........Frank

2009/10/3 17:50
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi Frank, no clubs either?

What do they arrest men with, good looks and a smile?

:-)

2009/10/3 18:12Profile

Re:

Well Chris, Scottish men are very handsome and are known to respond well to civility :-)

2009/10/3 19:55

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy