SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Please Participate/ Headcount

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Katy said: When I hear truth I am estatic..I don't care how lame theords are expressed throuhg a person, or even if they can spell. We just know that we know that we know that it's a Word from God, because it witnesses with our own Spirits that it is truth. Yes, even rebukes.

I know you want to be nice and believe everything that is thrown at you, because after all, it sounds wonderful doesn't it. We all want to believe the wonderful don't we...I sure do.]

I'm not sure in what way you disagree with me, Katy, because I certainly agree with all the above. I just wish I could keep up with all the volumes and volumes you write! Usually, as now, I can only pick up bits and pieces. I still haven't had time to read more than the first bit of the last post of yours that I replied to! Neither has ther been time to read Diane's prophecy to get a sense of whether it really was of God or not.

I'm still not sure if you believe in [i]any[/i] kind of modern day prophetic gift, whether its scripturally based or not. Probably not, but what you are saying tends to get lost in all the many many words!

Not criticising, just that your output is phenomenal, and its impossible to keep up!!

I know its difficult, but can you try to say the same things in fewer words? It would be less confusing and more likely to be read!

Quote:
I know you want to be nice and believe everything that is thrown at you, because after all, it sounds wonderful doesn't it. We all want to believe the wonderful don't we

I posted something from personal experience on another thread somewhere, but it bears repeating.

I for one in no way believe everything that's thrown at me, though it would, as you say, be nice to be able to.

There was one occasion in a local church where someone had an utterance in tongues, that clearly needed interpretation. I had the sense that it was a very challenging word for the Church, even perhaps a rebuke. However, someone else in the meeting came out with an "interpretation" that sounded lovely - all positive, "God-loves-you-and-is-going-to-bless-you-mightily" sort of stuff. The only problem was that it wasn't actually what He was saying!

I prayed desperately for the true interpretation, but it was as if the Lord shrugged, in a resigned sort of way, and said, "Forget it, they won't listen now".

How sad - He was speaking and the church missed it, because they preferred ice cream and cake to meat!

It is [i]discernment[/i] we need, not the denial that the Lord speaks directly to His people today!

in Him

Jeannette

ps I [i]still[/i] haven't read Dian's original prophecy, and its gone midnight again!

Ah well...

2008/2/4 19:07
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Locked thread

This post will be locked.

Though it warrants an explanation as to why, only in brief. We have been patient while addressing this in a variety of ways over the years. We have asked that these sort of public declarations not be made here on this site and then in turn have allowed them to go anyway.

Some may have been missed, others served as their own examples, what is clear is we still do not have a solid understanding of what constitutes either a New Testament 'prophet' nor prophecy, by title or by office. I would include myself in that number.

What I am assured of is that this does not work in this setting, giving prophetic utterances the way they have with the lack of understanding that accommodates them, that is, by definition.

For the time being, this will have to suffice.

2008/2/4 23:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy