SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Joel Osteen claims on Fox News that Mormons are Christians too...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

Miccah wrote:
Hi MrBillPro, Many blessings to you.

Who do you consider to be a false profit, if any in this day and age?

If you do consider someone to be a false profit, should we follow what the Bible says about how to deal with a false profit?

If there are known false profits in todays age, how should we deal with them if not based on biblical teachings?

Thanks in advance for your time answering these.

Well I know your not going to like my answer but I was not given the gift of identifying false prophets or called to do this, so why would I want to stick my nose into something that I feel God has not called me to do? See this is the problem "some" of us here feel God has called us to be God Jr's and are called to do everything and get involved in "all" things as God does,if we all really just stuck with our God given callings instead of jumping on bandwagons we would probably do more good for the body and not try and do things we are not really called to do that we don't have the "total" gift for and just do damage to the body. You know we can all say what Paul might have done or whoever but I am most concerned on what Jesus would do.

2008/1/11 13:27Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

Tears_of_joy wrote:
your ways of following him and defending the gospel that he is preaching. Kire

Please show me "one" post were I am defending the gospel that he is preaching. There is a lot of difference in defending someone in general than defending what the person says. If I were never defended on my general character, and I were just summed up on the words I spoke, I would be in a heap of trouble...

2008/1/11 13:37Profile

Re:

Quote:
I am sorry Brother I did not know or consider "Prayer" a smoke screen but you have every right to call it that.

Prayer was not what I was referring to, and you know it. It was your telling us that we should not speak publicly about his public statements, but rather take it to him privately that I was referring to.

Quote:
Well I know your not going to like my answer but I was not given the gift of identifying false prophets or called to do this

Actually, it's not a spiritual gift. And yes, according to scripture you ARE commanded to "study to show thyself approved", as well as "be seperate"... and we are called to mark and avoid false teachers. The only way someone is not "called" to do that is if they are not saved. If you're saved, then you are [b]commanded[/b] to do those things.

Quote:
See this is the problem "some" of us here feel God has called us to be God Jr's and are called to do everything and get involved in "all" things as God does,if we all really just stuck with our God given callings instead of jumping on bandwagons we would probably do more good for the body and not try and do things we are not really called to do that we don't have the "total" gift for and just do damage to the body. You know we can all say what Paul might have done or whoever but I am most concerned on what Jesus would do.

Again, it's not a spiritual gift. It's a command.

Also... your implication that we're doing harm to the body by discussing the false teachings and statements of national "preachers" is rediculous. Yes, if it's done in a spirit of hatred and meanness, then damage can be done.

But I can think of nothing more loving than warning a soul of the spiritual danger than can happen by following a false teacher, doctrine, religion, etc.

I see all kinds of danger in the statements that have come out of Osteen's mouth. And guess what... once he says them publicly he cant undo the damage.

If I see someone about to go down a flooded out rode, I will warn them... and you'll call me a hero. If I see someone going down a spiritually dangerous road, and I warn them... you say I am doing harm.

You have it backwards, my brother. You're calling good evil, and evil good. You are in a very dangerous mine field.

Krispy

2008/1/11 13:42

Re:

Quote:
Please show me "one" post were I am defending the gospel that he is preaching. There is a lot of difference in defending someone in general than defending what the person says. If I were never defended on my general character, and I were just summed up on the words I spoke, I would be in a heap of trouble...

Bill, brother... if you dont agree with his teachings then you will find [b]NOTHING[/b] in scripture that condones or allows you to stay. In fact, it commands you to come out and be seperate from it. Yes, pray for Osteen (as I do... surprise!)... but at the same time you are being disobedient to the Word of God by staying.

There... now I have told you that you need to leave (if you dont agree with his teachings).

Quote:
If I were never defended on my general character, and I were just summed up on the words I spoke, I would be in a heap of trouble...

So you're saying what Osteen says does not necessarily reflect whats in his heart? Thats interesting because scripture also addresses that:

[b]Luke 6:45[/b] [i]A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: [b]for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.[/b][/i]

I believe what he has said in interviews is what he really believes. I base that on scripture. And it's funny that his "mistakes" have been very very consistent with each other.

Krispy

2008/1/11 13:44
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
You have it backwards, my brother. You're calling good evil, and evil good. You are in a very dangerous mine field.
Krispy

Well you have every right to your opinion, but I will say this and this is all I will say on this thread "really" none of us here are doing the body any good when things have advanced to this degree.

I feel many alleged trespasses between brethren are a result of "misunderstandings." We need to first investigate the facts and find out for sure whether a trespass has really occurred. This is another reason why you are to first go privately to the brother in question to confront him with the alleged offense and hear his side of the story.

If we disclose the offense to friends in the body, we may later discover that the matter was only a misunderstanding. But by then, their reputation will have been damaged by our allegations.

Many people foolishly allow themselves to become offended by misinterpreting other's intentions, or listening to rumors and second-hand information which always contain distortions or exaggerations. Many offenses could be immediately resolved by confronting the offending party and hearing their explanation.

You'd be surprised how many people are so immature that they don't even bother to investigate the facts or hear the other side of the story I even have seen this at Lakewood. Don't ever forget, "There's always two sides to a story!" Never assume you know the truth of a matter until you've heard both sides!

There would be far fewer misunderstandings in the body of Christ if people would be firmly devoted to love for their brethren. Love for the brethren gives us a desire to believe the best in our brother. Love gives them the "benefit of the doubt," instead of jumping to conclusions and always expecting the worst. The Bible says "If you love someone... you will always believe in him, always expect the best of him" (1 Cor. 13:7 -- The Living Bible).

If the trespass is proven valid, and they repent for their misdeed, you are to express your forgiveness (Luke 17:3-4). Let the matter be forever ended, and carry no resentment toward them. Remember, if they repent, but you continue to harbor bitterness, you too become a perpetrator of sin (Matt. 6:14-15, Acts 8:23, Eph. 4:31-32).

2008/1/11 13:49Profile
psalm1

Re:

I googled this topic and somewhere in there is a apology from Joel about what he said.
Joel should be more decisive concerning the "essentials"
In a sense I believe the hyper-scrutiny works in his favor.
I hope he declines further interviews.King and Mathews would like nothing better than to have Romney and Huckabee cancel each other out.
And I'm sure us christians will eagerly do our part by getting sucked in to the destruction machine.
On utube there are plenty of anti Joel videos

They obviously use "correctness" to unleash nothing short of hate against this man.
Mathews was baiting Joel and Joel took the bait.
What a shame.
So Joel will either get some backbone or find himself in a "critique" merrygoround.
The man is out there and nothing he says is a free shot.
For every one of his words there are a hundred counter words.......And it will never stop.

David

2008/1/11 13:50Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Bill, brother... if you dont agree with his teachings then you will find [b]NOTHING[/b] in scripture that condones or allows you to stay. In fact, it commands you to come out and be seperate from it. .
Krispy

I said I was not going to say anything else but for the record I had to respond "BROTHER I DON"T DEFEND "ANY" PASTORS GOSPEL AT ALL" I only defend the Gospel of Jesus Christ, so with that I guess I should just home church myself. :-)

2008/1/11 13:52Profile

Re:

I believe where we get off track and disagree many times in scripture is remembering there are three parts of us. The spirit, soul and body, the body would include the mind. Now, when we are justified by the shed blood of Christ we will also be sanctified by HIM through the Word and the Spirit. Eventually all scripture will directly relate to the whole being when we are glorified.
1 Cor 9:27
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
KJV

Example, you hear many quote the scripture in this context. I wish that you be in good health even as your soul prospers. He said he wished, not that we would never be sick or die a physical death. Many people don't want to hear that and I had rather not but it's truth. Did Jesus heal the physical bodies of disease when he walked the earth and do miracles, yes. He still heals and all healing is devine healing, even when we cut our self he has designed us to heal. Does he at times still do those miracles today, yes, when he chooses to and it can bring HIM glory and not when we decide it our plan and treat him as we were in charge, but I must confess I still ask for healing for others and myself. IT IS appointed to every man once to die, yes. Ok, this one, what would it profit a man if he gained the whole world and lost his soul.
Matt 5:29
29 If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.
What about our bodies?
Rom 12:1
12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this is your spiritual act of worship.
All scripture is pointed at the whole being but is some scripture pointed more toward the soul, some toward the mind, some toward the Spirit(HIS SPIRIT) within us. He came to seek and saved that which is lost. When he saves our soul, the whole being is saved and he will come again and we will be glorified and caught up together with him in the air to forever be together with the Lord but until then we are to:
Mark 12:30-31
30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' 31 The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."
The reason we sometimes don't do this is the body has not been glorified yet but is being sanctified as we crucify the flesh daily. The scripture as a whole applies to our whole being but as we read the scripture if we will ask our which part is the scripture being spoken to directly.
Heb 4:12-13
12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword,[b] it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.[/b] 13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.
The scripture does not counterdict itself, but it all jives, if we read it in the manner it is meant to be received. Why do we have so many different denominations. I believe this error is the reason. Yes, it applies to our whole being but meant many times for one, until we are glorified.
The only thing that prevents a person from being saved is not facing the facts and the truth (HIS TRUTH). God has set eternity in the hearts of men, there are no atheists. They just hate God and are rebelling against what they know and won't face reality that they are lost and are not their own and was bought with a price.
Here is some passages to relate this more.
Heb 9:27
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Your best life now?????
2 Tim 3:11-13
12 In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13 while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.
Our best life now???

Phil 3:20-4:1
20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.
Our best life now????
Rom 7:14-20

14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do-this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
Our best life now???

1 Tim 6:7-10
8 But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. 9 People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
Our best life now???

Phil 4:11-13
11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
We can do what he strengthens us to do. What he called us to do, not what we want.

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but my faith has never been an equal to the Apostle Paul's and he did not tell us this was our best life now.

God loves Joel Olsteen and he loves ever one that gets on the wrong page and wants so much for all of us to be on the right PAGE OF TRUTH, and then we will know the truth and the truth will set us free. As long as we don't and won't to face facts, and we continue to follow our owns evil desires, we will never understand much truth.
God Bless
moe_mac

edit: I can not leave this alone without spitting it out. Yes, if Joel don't know that Satan is not Jesus' brother and all the other malarky that spills out of that mormon false religion, then from what I understand and know of scripture he is a false teacher. There far more false than are not in places we go everyday. I'm not talking about someone who JUST LACKS UNDERSTANDING, I am referring to false teachers. There is a difference and it's not just because he lacks seminary but something else. Many out of seminary are.

2008/1/11 13:54

Re:

I agree, Osteen needs to stay away from interviews. But what i dont get is here I am... simple country boy... a nobody in the Kingdom, and I can explain to you in 2 minutes why Mormons are not Christians. But here's is Osteen, America's favorite preacher, and he cant figure out why they are not Christians? That is scarey.

My 11 yr old son can explain the difference between Mormonism and Christianity. It's not that hard.

And millions follow Osteen? Folks, that scarey.

I'm not against Joel Osteen as a man. I'm sure I'd like him a lot on a personal level. I just dont think he knows his Bible at all. And it's an example of where the church as a whole in America is.

Krispy

2008/1/11 13:54
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

My 11 yr old son can explain the difference between Mormonism and Christianity. It's not that hard.
Krispy

I am sure out somewhere there are 25 year old coaches that can lead football teams to the Super Bowl can you?
With Ignorance or inability's or Mistake age does not discriminate, trust me I know a lot of younger folks that know more than me, they just might not have the wisdom I have. :-)

2008/1/11 14:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy