SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Revival Conference 2008?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
1. What size building would it need ?
2. Would it have to be in London?

Brother,

Good to hear from you.

1. I would say it would be good to have it seat at least 500 people? It would be neat to have one of those older stone churches.

2. No, it would not need to be in london but for traveling purposes it would be nice to be in or very near london.

2008/1/23 8:56Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Revival Conference 2008

Going back a few pages, made this mention;

[i]It may be some nostalgic or sentimental thread in me, but there was something very special about Canton.[/i]

Quote:
Dohzman!

;-)

Quote:
I agree. There is a lot of revival history also in that part of the country. I visited Finney's grave in Oberlin and did not realize that Tozer is buried in Akron not far from where I was staying. But, I just had a sense that God was at work there and had been for a very long time.

How I missed this ... Very interesting, hindsight being what it is ...

Quote:
I have been discussing this conference with some brothers and organizations. Personally I only want what God wants with this event.

Sentiment being expressed earlier ... seems almost foolish, the only issue to be considered is precisely this and my prayers are towards that. As last years conference was orchestrated and led without equivocation in this manner, may it be so once again.

Quote:
Count me in for prayer, Brother Greg. If your conferences are as good as this website, I'm sure I'd wish I were there!

In a way, you can still be there;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=720]Revival Conference 2007[/url]

2008/1/23 10:00Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

I know nothing has been decided yet, and it is early days, but if the conference has to be held in England, then maybe London is not a good choice.

It is the most expensive city in England.

It is the nation's capital, and that is reflected in the cost of things you buy over there.

However, if God so wants it there, then so be it.

Still, as I said, it is early days, anything can happen.

Let's pray.

God bless.

2008/1/24 8:24Profile

Re: Revival Conference 2008

enid said

Quote:
It is the most expensive city in England.

There is also the congestion charge to consider, on top of cafe and restaurant food being twice as expensive as many other places.

Britain is renowned in Europe (at least) as being the most expensive place to eat out. However, facilities which include meals are also expensive.

The other difficulty of choosing a huge place, is the amount of time required to travel, and that additional cost.

It would, perhaps, be better to find a smaller city with good networking between the local churches, already in operation, and good links to Heathrow, from where coaches go directly to many places. There is a train from Heathrow also, which goes to Paddington main station.

London has five main stations serving the main points on the compass - two for northerly connections - all linked by underground\overground local connections - like many major cities.

Our gas prices have now reached over $9 per gallon, and internal travel has not been inexpensive for a very long time.

Before [i]choosing[/i] England, Greg, are you investigating European mainland options also, as they might be disproportionately easier for the British, and more favourable to the Europeans who would attend than bringing [i]them[/i] all the way to the UK?

2008/1/24 10:46
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Before choosing England, Greg, are you investigating European mainland options also, as they might be disproportionately easier for the British, and more favourable to the Europeans who would attend than bringing them all the way to the UK?

Thank you for your suggestions. I am still definitely open to have it in North America. The reason why I have been asking about england is it has come up quite a few times in the last while and I do not believe in chance.

keep praying saints, and any other input is definitely welcome.

2008/1/24 16:26Profile
Here4Him

England

Re:

I have just come back from a Youth Minsters conference in England. It was such an excellent and encouraging time. The Word was preached to us faithfully and i was so encouraged with how much the people there loved the Bible and the gospel and how they desire to teach it faithfully and withholding nothing from the hearers. However i sense that we really need an outpouring of the Spirit of God to set all that good theology on fire. This is one reason why i think of Revival conference in England is so needed and i know im biased but i would so love to see it happen if the Lord wills it.

I am praying about sending an email around all those youth ministers to seee if any of them could get behind a Revival conference in England and whether they could speak to their Pastors about making facilities available. I met some great guys from London, and some from the Midlands so you dont know what God might do.

Thinking again about the use of my church, it is one of those old Anglican 'Stone churches' Greg, but im just not sure if it would be quite big enough for the need. I dont know, may the Lord continue to guide us in His will

2008/1/25 8:19Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I am praying about sending an email around all those youth ministers to seee if any of them could get behind a Revival conference in England and whether they could speak to their Pastors about making facilities available. I met some great guys from London, and some from the Midlands so you dont know what God might do.

That would be a great idea. Do as the Lord is leading you brother. We do surely need revival.

2008/1/27 8:54Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

There has been some interest shown in the United States and I am still praying about having a conference there brethren. I am still praying about having a larger facility available for free use for the event.

Please keep praying for this as we wait on God.

2008/1/28 0:42Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I have been thinking about Buildings that would hold 500 maybe the Metropolitan Tabernacle
http://www.metropolitantabernacle.org/
It would be interesting to hold a revivial conference in Charles spurgeons very church.

The john wesley Chapel
http://www.wesleyschapel.org.uk/museum.htm
but I dont think it will be big enough

I normally go to a church in London called Bridge lane but it is finding a church big enough to hold everyone.

I think David Wilkerson when he came here used quite a big old church, I think it was used for Dr Martin Lolyd Jones.
If I could remember the church name they might welcome a revivial meeting or we could have it in the english fields like John Wesley and George Whitfield.

i know this is a few ideas

Dom

2008/1/28 22:13Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

I have been thinking about Buildings that would hold 500 maybe the Metropolitan Tabernacle
http://www.metropolitantabernacle.org/
It would be interesting to hold a revivial conference in Charles spurgeons very church.

I already emailed this church requesting them to pray about this opportunity.

I did look at the wesley chapel! the flag ship of methodism which now seems not very strongly methodist.

I will look into Martyn lloyd jones church dear brother, thank you for these suggestions.

2008/1/28 22:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy