SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Who was it that Calvin killed for not agreeing with him?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

[b]Deut 6:4-5[/b] [i]Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is [b]one LORD[/b]: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.[/i]

If you do not believe in the Trinity, but you believe that Jesus is God (or more accurately "a" God) then you are a polytheist... meaning you believe in multiple gods.

This is one reason why most Jews reject Christianity because in their minds they see us as worshipping 3 gods. The Holy Scriptures declare... there is only [b]one[/b] true God. Period. Yet Jesus made it clear that He was God, and even called Himself "I AM".

No, this is a heresy that is being promoted. Compliments, you know the love and friendship I have for you, but on this one we have to disagree because I think you are seriously wrong here. I'm sorry to say that, and it greives me, but it's true.

Krispy

2007/12/18 16:15
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Quote:
But no where does it say, "God the holy Spirit".

Act 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, [b]why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost,[/b] and to keep back part of the price of the land?
Act 5:4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? [b]thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.[/b]

What do you make of this?

Peter had no problem giving equal footing to the Spirit and to God. The Bible also refers to the Spirit as the Spirit of Christ. If it is His Spirit, then how can it not be God? Unless you wish to deny the deity of Christ, and that is another problem altogether.

Christ also said that He would send Another like Himself, so again is Jesus God? Then One like Himself would be God too.

2007/12/18 16:16Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
[b]Deut 6:4-5[/b] [i]Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is [b]one LORD[/b]: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.[/i]

If you do not believe in the Trinity, but you believe that Jesus is God (or more accurately "a" God) then you are a polytheist... meaning you believe in multiple gods.

This is one reason why most Jews reject Christianity because in their minds they see us as worshipping 3 gods. The Holy Scriptures declare... there is only [b]one[/b] true God. Period. Yet Jesus made it clear that He was God, and even called Himself "I AM".

No, this is a heresy that is being promoted. Compliments, you know the love and friendship I have for you, but on this one we have to disagree because I think you are seriously wrong here. I'm sorry to say that, and it greives me, but it's true.

Krispy

Krispy, Jesus Christ is the God of Deut 6:4-5.

I never said I believe Jesus to be " A" God, I said I do believe him to be God-the Great I AM.

Jews, if I am not mistaken also totally reject the " trinity" teaching/doctrine because they have always known God to be ONE-the Holy ONE of Israel

However, the first century Church, in which the first members were Jews themselves, believed and knew that JESUS was the God of the Old Testament that taught and walked with them for 3 years.

In my writing, I was simply stating the Holy Scripture speaks of the " Godhead"-never the "trinity"-

Acts 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and [b]MAN'S DEVICE[/b].

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Col 2:9 For [b]IN HIM[/b] (Christ) dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

I might add, it says all the fullness of the Godhead bodily DWELLS [b]IN CHRIST[/b]

Not Christ the second in the trinity, or God the Son second in the trinity-but rather the Godhead dwelling bodily IN CHRIST

The Word says " Now the Lord IS THAT SPIRIT.."
2 Cor 3:17

The Lord in this verse, is Jesus Christ-and it says that he (Jesus) " IS THAT SPIRIT"-well what Spirit is that- the Holy Ghost.

Again, my sole belief is 1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three ARE ONE.

John 1:1 ".....and the Word was God

2007/12/18 16:31Profile

Re:

It's amazing to me that you quote this...

[b]1 John 5:7[/b] [i]For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.[/i]

... and then you deny it. There are three distinct persons here. The Father, The Word (Jesus) and the Holy Ghost. It couldnt any more clear here... there are three distinct persons.

I wonder if you're confused using "Godhead". Could this be a matter of semantics? What am I missing here? Maybe the word Trinity means something to you that it doesnt to me.

I often refer to the Trinity as the "Godhead". Who doesnt?

There can only be one God. Yet there are three persons. They, according to scripture, are One. And they are equal. (Phil 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be [b]equal with God[/b]..."

I call that the Trinity.

I believe God is ONE God... revealed in three distinct and seperate persons. Do I understand how He does it, or why He does it... or the ins and outs of it? Hardly. But this is where JW's and Mormons miss it. Because they cant understand it or explain it, they simply dismiss it.

I think Christians do the same thing. If they come across a doctrine that they cant wrap their feeble little minds around... they toss it out and call it heresy.

Krispy

2007/12/18 16:51
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

Quote:
1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.... and then you deny it. There are three distinct persons here. The Father, The Word (Jesus) and the Holy Ghost. It couldnt any more clear here... there are three distinct persons.

that's what i'm trying to figure out. 1 john 5:7 declare that there are 3 persons and they are 1. all i know is that these 3 statements are true regarding the Godhead

1) there is one God.
2) the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are three distinct persons, but not seperated.(hence not 3 gods)
3) each are called God in scripture.

to eliminate any one of these three statements, in my opinion, is to plunge into error concerning the Godhead.

i hope this may help someone out. just my 2 cents.

phil

2007/12/18 17:13Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Benny Hinn says they are actually nine..... 3 x 3

sorry i could not help myself :-P

the starting of a new thread or looking into some old one would be good, the original topic seems lost

2007/12/18 17:21Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: heresy

Hi everyone.

I would like to share some things with you all.

Have posted this before and think it is worth repeating,

Strong's defines the greek word translated heresies in Galatians chapter 5 this way:

G139
αἵρεσις
hairesis
hah'ee-res-is
From G138; properly a choice, that is, (specifically) a party or (abstractly) disunion. (“heresy” is the Greek word itself.): - heresy [which is the Greekord itself], sect.

[i]a choice[/i]

Maybe we could fill this out more by saying: [i]a choice[/i] which leads to disunity.

I have this in my own mind as something(but perhaps not only this) a person contends for which is not clear or otherwise unmistakably set forth in scripture, which they contend for to the disunity of believers. At every point along the way the choice is made to press the issue, even perhaps forcing then others to take sides.

I have a sense of this also as a self-willed contending for of our own, personal, revelations, ideas, or interpretations of scripture. This is why I think it is called a work of the flesh.

All of this could be avoided if we would never open our mouths to begin with on some things. Or if, when we do, and others reject our ideas, we leave it at that.

Unless we have clear direction from God that we are to contend for the thing, why then do it?

Take for instance the word trinity. Men, at some point insisted on this word to define the Godhead. And now, even though no Apostolic writer ever used the word, men are called heretics if they do not adopt it, or assent either to the defining of [i]persons in the godhead[/i] though no Apostolic writer used the phrase either.

But God sees clearly.

Chris

2007/12/18 22:31Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

May I add here, that if that definition of heresy is acceptable, then this work of the flesh is ubiquitous in our day?

Men, in very short lives, are willing to write and say and speak more volumes than even God has in the whole of the Bible over centuries and centuries. And willing, not to just present their ideas, but to state them with bold confidence. Even going beyond what God Himself has said. As though they see all things, or that thing, clearly, and absolutely.

2007/12/18 22:56Profile
daniel-

Germany

Re:

Hello,

I have heard someone that denied the deity of Jesus arguing that Christ is nowhere called God in the scriptures.
That is not true.

In Hebrews 1 vers 8 and 9 - this is talking about Jesus - we read:

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Here, The Son (Jesus) is called God AND there is a distinction made between Jesus and the Father in vers 9.

Daniel

2007/12/21 8:22Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re:

I would just like to add, personally one of my favorite verses of Scripture in the Holy Word-pertaining to Jesus BEING the Father, or let me also say it like this: Jesus being IN THE FATHER, but the FATHER ALSO BEING IN THE SON.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth YE KNOW HIM, AND HAVE SEEN HIM. 8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9 Jesus saith unto him,[b]Have I been so long time with you[/b] , and yet hast thou not KNOWN ME, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that DWELLETH IN ME, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I am in the Father, AND THE FATHER IN ME: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Jesus initial reply was : Have [b][size=large]I[/size][/b] been so long with you and yet thou hast NOT KNOW ME-when Philip asked TO SEE [b]THE FATHER[/b]

One thing I think people often don't pay to much attention to is the fact that the Father is IN JESUS as well as Jesus IN the Father.

Even in Revelation, it is John who testifies:

Rev 4:2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and [b]ONE[/b] sat on the throne.

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Now this "ONE" on the the throne is definiely JESUS-but this brings into Light something so clear-if JESUS is the "ONE" on the throne, how is he also " seated at right hand of God"-and how come John nowhere ever in Revelation says he sees someone " seated at the hand of God"- He sees the throne itself and the "ONE" seated on it-but never says he sees someone seated next to the "ONE" on the throne at his right hand.

This is even because Jesus is in the Father, and the Father in him-so even when scripture says " he is seated at the right hand of God" we must understand that the Father is STILL IN HIM even while seated at his right hand-because " I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE" not one in union only, but ONE in totality, ONE in being.

And that the ONLY time they have ever been separate was when Jesus became sin and was forsaken of the Father.

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these are one.

Why does it make reference to the " Word" and not the Son specifically-though, Jesus is the Word, and John 1:1 says "...and the Word was God"

Is not the Father & the Word-God
1 John 5:7 And there are 3 that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word.....-are not both the Father & the Word the same exact literal person?

The Father is God
The Word is God; & the Word is JESUS; that was made Flesh, which was the Father-because the Father is God that the Word became in Flesh-JESUS CHRIST

JESUS Christ, the Great " I AM"-God manifested in the flesh

2007/12/21 11:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy