SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Sabbath?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Me again

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

how can you read Hebrews chapter 4 and not see paul writing about the sabbath?

Here is what I think.

Hebrews 4:4 or He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: "And God rested on the seventh day from all His works"

-- we have here the Seventh day, God rested in it from his Creation works.

Hebrews 4:6 Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience.

What is paul saying here.

What was preached? The SAbbath, seventh day.

To whom it was preached? Israel

Why they did not enter the rest? because of rebellion. We know for a fact the Israel was severelly punished because they forgot the Commandments of God, and they did not walk in His ways.

Hebrews 4:9 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God.

So there are some of us the will enter his rest.
but how?

Hebrews 4:10-11 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. 11 Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience.

How does one enter his rest? by ceasing his works.

When should one cease his works? The same day that God ceased His.

When did God ceased His works?
On the seventh day, Sabbath.

Then Paul Goes on saying:

Let's not make the same mistake as did Israel. and not enter into His rest.

So, God rested on the Seventh day. and he gave us His rest. if we want to enter in His rest, we will have to to the same thing he did. He rested on the seventh day.

I would love to see your interpretation of this text, step by step like I did.

You mentioned the text but you did not comment on it.

Quote:

""And the book of Hebrews tells us to enter into rest, by ceasing from our own works. Not once a week, but for good.""

Brother, Paul is saying that if we want to enter his rest we have to stop our work on the same day that God stops his. According to the bible God rested from his works on the seventh day of Creation.

God did not rest all his works for good. he rested on the seventh day only. So to rest our works for good doesn not fit in the context here. for Jesus himself said:

John 5:17 But Jesus answered them, "My Father has been working until now, and I have been working."

one might argue, Well you see, God and Jesus are working on the Sabbath. Well Jesus works was to heal, to preach, to do good. He himself said that is is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.
But one thing is a fact, God rested on the seventh day and he blessed it and sanctified it. and He commanded us to Rest. You can say, Jesus said that God works on the sabbath(God can do anything he wants, he is the law giver not us) but one fact remains,

HE COMMANDED US TO KEEP HIS HOLY DAY.

2007/9/18 18:40

Re:

Dear brother.

Quote:

God made that covenant with the children of Israel. He gave THEM the 7th day sabbath and the others as a sign that He sanctified them.

I don't believe that there is a separation between us and Israel anymore, for Paul says that we are all part of the same body, the body of Christ. Christ is the root and Gentiles and Israel the branches. so I believe that in Christ we are the people of God. the Spiritual Israel.

Read this.

Revelation 21:2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Revelation 21:9-12 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, "Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb's wife." 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal. 12 Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

Correct if I am wrong, but John does not mention a gate for the Gentiles in the New Jerusalem. Does he? He talks about twelve gates with the names of the tribes of Israel, but I thought that this is where all the saints will live. Am I wrong? If I am correct. which I might not be. but let's say that I am. Then you and I will be part of a tribe right? or how does it go?

I would love to hear you comments on that, if God still separates Israel and the Gentiles and gives us different set of rules to live by. Are we all going to live together in heaven or are we going to be separated even over there?

2007/9/18 18:54
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Galatians 4:4-10 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods. But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

The Son fulfilled the Law Perfect.

By the Son birthed in me is the only way the Law, including the 10 commandments and especially the 4th, can be kept perfect.

How are we to be presented?

Hebrews 6:1-2 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

No eternal Judgement in perfection.

Again how are we Perfect?

Colossians 1:27-29 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

It is His working in me that makes me perfect.

That includes all the Law, Sinai and Ceremonial, the complete Law of God through Moses.

Not my works but His, in salvation and in living the Life of Christ in me.

Ephesians 2:7-10 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Let us walk in the perfection God has made us in Christ Jesus. I will not go back into bondage and take upon myself the Laws and destroying elements of this world by doing my own works. My work is this: Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service.

In this work there is all that God has created in Christ Jesus for us, and Holy and Acceptable to God with: Rom 8:1 [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/9/18 19:18Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

"""I don't believe that there is a separation between us and Israel anymore, for Paul says that we are all part of the same body, the body of Christ. Christ is the root and Gentiles and Israel the branches. so I believe that in Christ we are the people of God. the Spiritual Israel"""

Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, [even] to Him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

We are not spiritual Israel, we are a House of our own, a new House of God the Body of Christ.

1 Peter 2:3-10 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious. To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded. Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed. But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

"An holy nation." This is also taken from Ex 19:6. The Hebrews were regarded as a nation consecrated to God; and now that they were cast off or rejected for their disobedience, the same language was properly applied to the people whom God had chosen in their place --the Christian church, The Body of Christ.

We are now a peculiar people, a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, called out of darkness into light. The light of the Gospel, which I Christ Jesus in us the Hope of Glory and now the people of God, and are lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Jhn 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if [it were] not [so], I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Jhn 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also.

A Nation of our own by Christ Jesus, not by the Israel of God which He has set aside until our Spiritual House is full, or "fulness of the Gentiles". We are headed for the House of God which is already being prepared for us. Not the promises of this earth ruled by Christ from David's throne, That is Israel. Not the Body of Christ His Church and our Bride Groom, who is not our Husband yet, as is God is to Israel. We must attend the Marriage supper of the Lamb. Not Spiritual Israel in any way.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/9/18 21:27Profile

Re:

Brother Phillip

I have some question:

You keep repeating the same things over and over, but you never answer my questions.

Jesus Fulfilled the Law. What is my part in my salvation process? Jesus fulfilled the law, can I steal? can I covet, can I had other gods, can I take the name of god in vain?

Please answer me, for if jesus fulfilled if for me, so that I do not have to keep the 4th commandment then, can I break all the others as well? if not, then please point out for me where it says that it is only the Sabbath that is no longer binding?

In revelation brother John is very clear when he says:

Revelation 20:12-13 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.

13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.

How is everybody going to be judges brother Phillip?

Revelation 22:12 And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.

My works or Jesus works?

Revelation 2:23 I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.

Brother you salvation depends on your faith in Jesus and in the fruits that you bear.

James 2:17-26 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. 18 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe -- and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. 25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way? 26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

So Please answer my questions,

once you are saved what part do you play in your salvation?
HOw can you be sure that you have presented your body as a holy sacrifice to God?

You keep repeating the same things, I do not base my salvation on my works alone, for it I could do that, then I would have a reason to boast.

Jesus died for me, the justification part of my salvation rests on Him and in Him alone. we cannot come to the Father by any other way except through Jesus. Without Jesus we have no part with the Father. I don't know how many times I have said this here. But people keep writing to me as if I am trying to save myself by my works.

But Jesus Himself said that we have to bear good fruit, if we do not, then we will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

Matthew 7:15-21 Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 "You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 "Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 "A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 "Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 "Therefore by their fruits you will know them. 21 " Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

What is the fruit that Jesus is talking about here?

Brother if you believe that you can be saved by faith alone, be aware of what James said.

Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. 25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?

You faith without fruits is dead.

I would like to see your answers to these questions?

2007/9/19 8:35
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

Quote:
1 Timothy 1:5-8 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith, 6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk, 7 desiring to be teachers of the law, understanding neither what they say nor the things which they affirm. 8 But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully,

dear jayme, keep going. "but we know the law is good if one uses it lawfully, knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and the sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing contrary to sound doctrine, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God which was committed to my trust." (i timothy 1:8-11)

paul tells us the law is not made for the righteous, but for the unrighteous. he obviously is not talking about the ceremonial law because the ceremonial law was not used against the liar, adulterer, murderer, unrighteous, lawless, fornicator, and profane. so he is talking about the moral law. so paul says that the moral law (10 commandments) are not made for the righteous, but the unrighteous.

tell me this brother jayme, is the true body of Christ any of those things?? no, the body of Christ is a spotless bride, a royal priesthood, a holy nation. the church or body of Christ is clothed with the righteousness of Christ. these things listed are not true of the true church.

that is why what chris said earlier was really well said. we do not keep the mere letter of the moral law (which was the 10 commandments in exodus 20), but true believers by the Spirit keep the spirit of it as well.

i am not trying to get back into this thing real deep, but i just wanted you to keep going with the verse in 1 timothy 1.

take care brother,
-phil

2007/9/19 10:36Profile

Re:

Hello brother Phil,

Nice to have you back.

I will try to answer some of your questions, since I am the one answering questions and never getting my questions answered.

Firstly, you posted a text from Timothy, Let's see what it says:

1 Timothy 1:5-6 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith.

Here we have the purpose of the Law, right?
it listed only good things, Love, Good conscience and a sincere faith.

but look what Paul says next.

1 Timothy 1:6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk.

what is the word "Which" refering to? The Commandment. do you agree? ok moving on...

what's next?

having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk.

Definition according to the Cambridge dictionary.

""stray""
verb [I]
1 to travel along a route that was not originally intended, or to move beyond a limited area.

2 to start thinking or talking about a different subject from the one you should be giving attention to.

Again.
some started thinking or talking about a different subject from the one you should be giving attention to. turned aside to idle talk.

So, what is the Subject that some went stray. The commandment maybe? what do you think?

1 Timothy 1:7 desiring to be teachers of the law, understanding neither what they say nor the things which they affirm.

Am I trying to be teachers of the Law?

I am not sure if that is what you were trying to imply about me here, but I just want you to know that nowhere I have said anything of the sort. I am here making public the fact that I believe we are to keep God's Law. God Gave his Laws to his chosen People and I believe that if I want to be part of his chosen people I have to keep his commandments. All throughout the bible this is clearly shown to us.

1 Timothy 1:8 But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully.

Look what moses said about the Law of God.

Deuteronomy 11:26-28 Behold, I set before you today a blessing and a curse: 27 "the blessing, if you obey the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you today; 28 "and the curse, if you do not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside from the way which I command you today, to go after other gods which you have not known.

I ask you then, how do I use the law the right way so it becomes good?

You might say that it was given to Israel, we have no part in it. I totally disagree. It was given to God's chosen people, a people set aside for the Lord. Am I included? most definetely, I want to be part of God's people and I also want to keep His commandments out of my Love for Him rather than fear.

John talks about the New Jerusalem, with the twelve gates with all the names of the tribes of israel. where are we gonna go if we are not the spiritual Israel? Where are we the gentiles going to live if not in the new Jerusalem? Nowhere is said that they will live in a city and the gentiles in another. Or am I wrong.

I asked Brother Phillip(Christinyou) and he said that Jesus went to prepare many mansions.

The cambridge dictionary describes mansions as being:

large impressive house.

Am I correct to assume that the mansions Jesus is talking about are houses in the new Jerusalem? please correct me if I am wrong.

Revelation 21:10-14 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God. Her light was like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal. 12 Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: 13 three gates on the east, three gates on the north, three gates on the south, and three gates on the west. 14 Now the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

Brother why do I keep Gods commandments, because I want to have part on the tree of life and I also want to enter his Gates.

Revelation 22:13-14 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last." 14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

in love.

Jayme

2007/9/19 16:23

Re:

Hi again, I will try to reply to the second half of your post.

Quote:

""but we know the law is good if one uses it lawfully, knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, ETc."

ok. please explaing this to me, because although people keep repeating this I just cannot understand the logic.

Here is my problem:

I never heard of Jesus and his commandments. I live my life accordingly to my flesh desires. But then, what happens. I hear of Jesus, and his laws and I recognise that I am a sinner and my whole life has been about sin. I give my life to Jesus, and then what happens brother?
The same commandments that showed I lived in sin do not have importance anymore? How do I go about showing others that I love him?

please explaing to me, because I just do not understand the logic.

Quote: "paul tells us the law is not made for the righteous, but for the unrighteous."

Was Jesus righteous or unrighteous?
for he was under the Law and fulfilled it in every way?
Was Elijah, righteous or unrighteous? He kept the commandments of God. he was taken into heaven.

Isaiah, righteous or unrighteous?
Jeremiah, righteous or unrighteous?

The list is endless. Did all these people kept God's commandments?

What paul said was that is it through the law that sin is revealed, without the law, there is no sin.

Romans 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

NIV for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law.

Romans 3:29-31 Or is He the God of the Jews only? Is He not also the God of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also, 30 since there is one God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith. 31 Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.

Faith brother does not make the law void, on the contrary, it establish the law.

Quote:

""tell me this brother jayme, is the true body of Christ any of those things?? no, the body of Christ is a spotless bride, a royal priesthood, a holy nation. the church or body of Christ is clothed with the righteousness of Christ. these things listed are not true of the true church."""

Is the Church of Christ all the above? let's see what Jesus has to say about the churches.

Revelation 2:1 - 4:1 To the angel of the church of Ephesus write, ' These things says He who holds the seven stars in His right hand, who walks in the midst of the seven golden lampstands: 2 "I know your works, your labor, your patience, and that you cannot bear those who are evil. And you have tested those who say they are apostles and are not, and have found them liars; 3 "and you have persevered and have patience, and have labored for My name's sake and have not become weary. 4 "Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. 5 "Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place -- unless you repent. 6 "But this you have, that you hate the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate. 7 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God." ' 8 " And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write, ' These things says the First and the Last, who was dead, and came to life: 9 "I know your works, tribulation, and poverty (but you are rich); and I know the blasphemy of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. 10 "Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life. 11 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death." ' 12 " And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write, ' These things says He who has the sharp two-edged sword: 13 "I know your works, and where you dwell, where Satan's throne is. And you hold fast to My name, and did not deny My faith even in the days in which Antipas was My faithful martyr, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells. 14 "But I have a few things against you, because you have there those who hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols, and to commit sexual immorality. 15 "Thus you also have those who hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate. 16 'Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth. 17 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it." ' 18 " And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write, ' These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass: 19 "I know your works, love, service, faith, and your patience; and as for your works, the last are more than the first. 20 "Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols. 21 "And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent. 22 "Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. 23 "I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works. 24 "Now to you I say, and to the rest in Thyatira, as many as do not have this doctrine, who have not known the depths of Satan, as they say, I will put on you no other burden. 25 "But hold fast what you have till I come. 26 "And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations -- 27 'He shall rule them with a rod of iron; They shall be dashed to pieces like the potter's vessels' -- as I also have received from My Father; 28 "and I will give him the morning star. 29 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches." ' NKJ Revelation 3:1 "And to the angel of the church in Sardis write, ' These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: "I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead. 2 "Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before God. 3 "Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you. 4 "You have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy. 5 "He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels. 6 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches." ' 7 " And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write, ' These things says He who is holy, He who is true, "He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens": 8 "I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name. 9 "Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie -- indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you. 10 "Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. 11 "Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown. 12 "He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. And I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name. 13 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches." ' 14 " And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, ' These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: 15 "I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 "So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. 17 "Because you say, 'I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing' -- and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked -- 18 "I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. 19 "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. 20 "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. 21 "To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. 22 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

Did it answer your question about the church?

2007/9/19 16:55
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi Jayme.

Jayme, you said

"Is it the ministration of Death well according to moses it you don't obey them it is a curse."

But again Jayme, the Apostolic warning concerning the entirety of the Law is this:

[b][color=000000]For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.[/color][/b]

But for those under the New Covenant he writes:

[b][color=000000]Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: [/color][/b]

The Apostle Paul calls the giving of the Ten Commandments, written and graven in stone, the ministration of death.

Elsewhere he writes of the Ten Commandments(see Romans 7:7 for context)

"But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died." -Romans 7:8-9

[i]...but when the commandment came, sin revived, [b]and I died[/b][/i]

And he says

"...the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death." - Romans 7:10

[i]...I found to be unto death[/i]

I think he goes on to say here how the Law, though it is good and holy, works in us death, becuase of sin.

The Law can not bring life. It can only condemn. It stands imovable against every violation. The Law can not bring life.

In Galatians 3:21 Paul says as much:

"...if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law."

It is the Holy Spirit that brings life.

In 2Corinthians chapter 3, he indicates that the ministration of the Spirit has replaced the ministration of death, written and graven in stones, the Ten Commandments.

The purpose, or end, if you will, of the commandment may have been love, but it could not bring it. Only the Spirit can, through faith.

"For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love." -Galatians 5:5-6

[i]...but faith which worketh by love[/i]

"And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." -Romans 5;5

[i]...because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us[/i]

This love is given to us by the Holy Spirit. Not through the giving of the Law.

God Himself now works in us. Not the Law working without.

And He leads us as it pleases Him.

Take care for now,

Chris

2007/9/19 17:29Profile

Re:

Hi there brother,

quote:

"The purpose, or end, if you will, of the commandment may have been love, but it could not bring it. Only the Spirit can, through faith."

Did you just say that God gave us a law of love that failed to acomplish its porpose? God miscalculated it?

God Himself told the Prophet Ezekiel why Israel did not receive his blessings.

Ezekiel 20:22-25 "Nevertheless I withdrew My hand and acted for My name's sake, that it should not be profaned in the sight of the Gentiles, in whose sight I had brought them out. 23 "Also I raised My hand in an oath to those in the wilderness, that I would scatter them among the Gentiles and disperse them throughout the countries, 24 "because they had not executed My judgments, but had despised My statutes, profaned My Sabbaths, and their eyes were fixed on their fathers' idols. 25 "Therefore I also gave them up to statutes that were not good, and judgments by which they could not live;

When I quoted what Moses said about the Law being a blessing and a curse I was hoping that people would perceive the two sides of of it. But again we always take the side the favours our side of the argument and totally forget the other side. Sorry to say this brother, but how come you did not mention the fact that he said if you obey the Commandments it will be a blessing.

I ask you. Do you think it can be a blessing or was moses just talking words?

2007/9/19 19:31

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy