SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Once Saved...Always Saved???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

[b]May 14th

The habit of enjoying the disagreeable

[i]"That the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh".[/i][/b] 2 Cor. 4:10.

We have to form habits to express what God’s grace has done in us. It is not a question of being saved from hell, but of being saved in order to manifest the life of the Son of God in our mortal flesh, and it is the disagreeable things which make us exhibit whether or not we are manifesting His life. Do I manifest the essential sweetness of the Son of God, or the essential irritation of ‘myself’ apart from Him? The only thing that will enable me to enjoy the disagreeable is the keen enthusiasm of letting the life of the Son of God manifest itself in me. No matter how disagreeable a thing may be, say—“Lord, I am delighted to obey Thee in this matter,” and instantly the Son of God will press to the front, and there will be manifested in my human life that which glorifies Jesus.

There must be no debate. The moment you obey the light, the Son of God presses through you in that particular; but if you debate you grieve the Spirit of God. You must keep yourself fit to let the life of the Son of God be manifested, and you cannot keep yourself fit if you give way to self-pity. Our circumstances are the means of manifesting how wonderfully perfect and extraordinarily pure the Son of God is. The thing that ought to make the heart beat is a new way of manifesting the Son of God. It is one thing to choose the disagreeable, and another thing to go into the disagreeable by God’s engineering. If God puts you there, He is amply sufficient.

Keep your soul fit to manifest the life of the Son of God. Never live on memories; let the word of God be always living and active in you.

Chambers, Oswald: My Utmost for His Highest : Selections for the Year. Grand Rapids, MI : Discovery House Publishers, 1993, c1935, S. May 14

2007/7/3 4:06

Re:

Pride is thinking you can purify yourself, and much less, all by yourself. Those IN CHRIST only have been given Gifts, for the perfecting of the Saints, and we, the Church, in humility, allow those Gifts to operate, for God's Purpose. What is that purpose? Those outside the body would only call someone prideful for being obedient to the Gift they were given. Maybe many of you have already lost yours out of pride and contention not letting others operate theirs. God hates that kind of pride, but gives nore Grace to the Humble. Let God be the judge of what is prideful...!

Love in Christ
katy-did

Ephesians 4:4There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

****7But unto EVERY ONE***of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

8Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

9(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

10He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

11And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

16From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

;-)

2007/7/3 7:06

Re:

Quote:

Katy-did wrote:
Pride is thinking you can purify yourself, and much less, all by yourself. Those IN CHRIST only have been given Gifts, for the perfecting of the Saints, and we, the Church, in humility, allow those Gifts to operate, for God's Purpose. What is that purpose? Those outside the body would only call someone prideful for being obedient to the Gift they were given. Maybe many of you have already lost yours out of pride and contention not letting others operate theirs. God hates that kind of pride, but gives nore Grace to the Humble. Let God be the judge of what is prideful...!

Love in Christ
katy-did

"..... Cleanse your hands, you sinner; and purify your heart, you doubleminded. James 4:8

2007/7/3 7:11
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Sister Katydid wrote:

Quote:
THe OT reveals the NT, and the NT fulfills the old. Didn't you know that? In the OT, God has drawn a picture gallery for us. Can't you see it?

Yes I see it...have you ever found where Paul and the writer of Hebrews found their understanding concening Christ being the Savior of generations prior to His incarnation?

Isaiah 63
7 I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the LORD
And the praises of the LORD,
According to all that the LORD has bestowed on us,
And the great goodness toward the house of Israel,
Which He has bestowed on them according to His mercies,
According to the multitude of His lovingkindnesses.

8 For He said, "Surely they are My people,
Children who will not lie."
So He became their Savior.

9 In all their affliction He was afflicted,
And the Angel of His Presence saved them;
In His love and in His pity He redeemed them;
And He bore them and carried them
All the days of old.

10 But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit;
So He turned Himself against them as an enemy,
And He fought against them.

11 Then he remembered the days of old,
Moses and his people, saying:
"Where is He who brought them up out of the sea
With the shepherd of His flock?
Where is He who put His Holy Spirit within them,

12 Who led them by the right hand of Moses,
With His glorious arm,
Dividing the water before them
To make for Himself an everlasting name,

13 Who led them through the deep,
As a horse in the wilderness,
That they might not stumble?"

14 As a beast goes down into the valley,
And the Spirit of the LORD causes him to rest,
So You lead Your people,
To make Yourself a glorious name.

Do you see Christ worked in that generation, by the Holy Spirit to give them rest?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/7/3 7:14Profile

Re:

When did they receive rest, Jeff. At point?

2007/7/3 7:18
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

dear phillip,

bro, i'm sorry, i totally misunderstood what you were trying to say with that quote. i just read your post this morning and seen that you explained yourself.

dude, it's no problem, use whatever you want from any of my posts. i just misunderstood how you were trying to use it..

anyways, thanks for being understanding and i appreciate your different posts as well.

in Christ.

2007/7/3 8:21Profile

Re:

Quote:
"..... Cleanse your hands, you sinner; and purify your heart, you doubleminded. James 4:8

Please keep in mind what James was saying in verse 8. You have to read before and after to keep it in context.

James 4
1From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?

2Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

3Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

4Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

5Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

6But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

7Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

8Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

9Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

10Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

11Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.

12There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?
Was Joseph a friend of the world..Did he bend the knee to Pharaoh?

Was Jeremiah a friend to disobedient Israel, compromising the truth for the sake of peace?

Was Antipas...God's faithful servant martyred because he said, come on folks, God's Word is not that important...let's just all get along.

None of these men were FRIENDS of the World or worldliness.

Was Paul beheaded for compromise? Paul said, ( many of you would call PRIDE), I HAVE KEPT THE FAITH. THERE IS NOW A CROWN LAID UP FOR ME.

Love in Christ
Katy-did
;-)

Whe is he that takes scripture out of context is he who wants to serve his own ends.

Even at this time, I have reserved for myself 7000 men, who will NOT bend the knee to Baal. (Worldliness and compromised teaching) God's ELECT, according the Election of Grace (ONLY).

2007/7/3 8:28

Re:

Quote:

Katy-did wrote:

Quote:

Please keep in mind what James was saying in verse 8. You have to read before and after to keep it in context.

You do that and apply it all youself as well.

2007/7/3 8:33
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

dear ormly,

i guess my questions after reading your posts would be ..

do you believe that you were a sinner in need of a savior??

do you believe in repentance??

do you believe that the blood of Jesus cleanses and purges our sins??

do you have to kill sin within or did the cross of Christ render our old man inopperative??

do you believe that the heart is where all of our emotions, intellect and will abide??

is the heart where the essence of life is??

what do you think of the blood of Christ?? what does it mean to you??

i am not trying to be mean or make accusations, i am simply asking questions so that i can understand your statements.

i will be looking forward to your responses..

2007/7/3 8:40Profile

Re:

First tell me what you disagree with in what i wrote. Will go from there.

2007/7/3 8:43

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy