SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : All Christians should be vegetarians.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

ccchhhrrriiisss wrote:
Hi Bubba...

You might also want to convince other animals with sharp teeth to stop eating meat. However, I think that vegetarian lions wouldn't last very long in the wild (or captivity).

Acts 10:9-16

;-)

[b]Actually there was at least one case of a lion that wouldn't meat. It probably wouldn't have lasted long in the wild, and had to be given a special diet to keep healthy. Here's the link http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v22/i2/lion.asp

The likely reason for God allowing meat eating after the Flood was because there would have been far fewer species of plant to provide a balanced diet for those animals (and humans too)that couldn't digest plants very well. Even before that, plants probably became less nourishing, certainly more thorny, and maybe had more poisons in their leaves (many plants have these days, to help protect against being eaten too much). Meat eating lions apparently drink the stomach contents of their prey, to get more liquid, help their digestion, and probably get vitamins.

The panda has to eat almost non stop, because (being a bear) it can't digest much of the bamboo it eats (which isn't very nourishing in the first place)

Don't know why it eats only (or mostly)bamboo, but there you go.

So we are allowed to eat meat.

Personally I mostly prefer cheese if there's a choice

Jeannette[/b] ;-)

2007/2/14 18:14

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Quote:
PS. yes, i said God created us.. we agree on this, its just the details of how this happened that we differ upon.

I believe in the Big Bang Theory... you know...
[b][size=medium][color=FF0000]BANG!![/color][/size][/b] ... and He created stuff. (In 6 days too!)

Krispy

[b]Nah! He just pointed, or waggled His fingers a bit! (Psalm 8:3 [i]"When I look at thy heavens, the work of thy fingers,
the moon and the stars which thou hast established...")[/i]

Jeannette
[/b]

2007/2/14 18:19

Re:

Quote:

myfirstLove wrote:
Bubba is mislead, but some of the comments here are uncalled for. It is ill humour that christians should not partake in.

Bubba came in here with a seriousness, believing seriously in what he stated. we should respond back with all seriosness leading him lovingly to the truth. When I said lovingly, I do not mean as the world, that is void of truth, but our motive should be filled with love desiring much for bubba to see.

[b]A needed reminder, for all of us. But I also think some folk reacted against Bubba's apparent blanket condemnation of anyone who eats meat?

It isn't a sin to eat meat, but if someone thinks so that isn't a sin either - unless its imposed upon others or used to condemn them.

And, (as I think Krispy said) vegetarianism and conservationism, can easily get us into harmful spiritual areas. Or at least takes our eyes off the Lord.

Bubba, I think the only vital question you (and all of us) need to ask is "Am I in danger of "worshipping the creation rather than the Creator"?

In Him

Jeannette[/b]

2007/2/14 18:35
Nasher

Watford, UK

Re:

Quote:
You might also want to convince other animals with sharp teeth to stop eating meat.

Not all animals with sharp teeth eat meat, take a look at the fruit bat:

[img]http://www.boneclones.com/images/bc-007_web-lg.jpg[/img]

However getting back to the issue take a look at Luke 24:40-43

40 When He [Jesus] had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet. 41 But while they still did not believe for joy, and marveled, He said to them, “Have you any food here?” 42 So they gave Him a piece of a broiled fish and some honeycomb. 43 And He took it and ate in their presence.

Bubbaguy, are you saying that Jesus was wrong to do this?

2007/2/14 18:36Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Does anyone remember the "Hallelujah Diet" where some high-falutin theologian got this brilliant idea that a diet of only seeds and herbs and fruit (as extrapolated from the book of Genesis pre-fall) could be the secret to health and longevity? From what I understand, it was all the rage on TBN. Books were written, tape series were sold. Somehow this guy came to the conclusion that if you only eat certain seeds and herbs that you can totally cleanse your body of all toxins and live for a really long time (that is, if you don't get hit by a truck on your way to the seed store). He even claimed that the Edenesque seeds and herbs could cure cancer and asthma and a host of other maladies brought on by a carnivorous diet. This isn't to mock your post, Bubba. I actually happen to believe that we could be a lot healthier and show better stewardship over our Holy Ghost temples if we were to drastically cut down our red-meat and fried food intake.

Fresh fish and fruits and vegetables - I'm gradually working my way there!

Peace and health in Jesus' Name,

Brother Paul

2007/2/14 18:38Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

bubbaguy wrote:

Christians are to love others and today the act of participating in the market for commercial meat is a voilation of this. it is to discount the rights of others.

Bub

Wow, so I guess the first disciples weren't lovers of others... you know... Peter, Andrew, James and John... all marketplace fishermen...

Interesting that Jesus made close friends with such VIOLATERS. The cruelty!

Bubba, do you mind then doing all my hunting for me? Because, you see, I have a family to support and I can't be away from them every season to try and catch food. I don't have time to sit in the woods and wait, which is why I prefer meat that someone has already caught for me.... which I can find in the marketplace, from people who actually had time to hunt, and kill.

Here is another ponderous thought: If everyone did there own hunting today, How would all the other business's run? Wouldn't they all be out hunting? So much for getting gasoline, having use of the telephone, internet, tv, going to restraunts, having a working government system (etc.)... we'd all be out hunting.
:-(

2007/2/14 18:47Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

PaulWest wrote:
I actually happen to believe that we could be a lot healthier and show better stewardship over our Holy Ghost temples if we drastically cut down our red-meat and fried food intake.

Fresh fish and fruits and vegetables - I'm gradually working my way there!

I agree Paul

2007/2/14 18:52Profile

Re:

"For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer." - 1 Tim. 4:4-5

HomeFree89,

"and nothing to be refused," . . . you set yourself up here, buddy, there is some pretty funky meat out there. :)

bub

2007/2/14 19:32
vico

Re:

Quote:
I like Krispy's Big Bang theory.

I believe in the Big Bang theory to!

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

great noise: in the Greek - roizhdon - "Big Bang" :-P

2007/2/14 19:39Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

bubbaguy wrote:
"For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer." - 1 Tim. 4:4-5

HomeFree89,

"and nothing to be refused," . . . you set yourself up here, buddy, there is some pretty funky meat out there. :)

bub

Trust me, I wouldn't eat some of the stuff that's out there, but I don't think it's biblically or morally wrong to eat meat. :-D

Jordan

2007/2/14 20:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy