SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why are Message Boards so serious all the time???

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Now this must look really funny! Hope you don't mind if I laugh.

Yea! Especially when topped off with the hat that I hot glued all the fruit too!

....um, no, I'm not a fruitcake! (Beefcake... but not a fruitcake)

Krispy

2006/11/11 10:53

Re:

oooo... had to post once more so I can reach 2,400 posts!

Congrats to me.

(I think it means I need to seriously get a life! LOL)

Krispy

2006/11/11 10:54
mamaluk

Re:

Calm down Krisp, I'll catch up to you soon enough, just mmmm, with another, how many ?? 2036? .... :-D

2006/11/11 11:23Profile
mamaluk

Re:

Quote:
Feeling strangely 'eloquent' or poetic if it is either of those things this morning. The heart strangely warmed to express all this in this way. Yesterday left with praise after reading some sharing between good brothers and how my heart thanked God for their presence and participation here. Has the Lord sent them here? Oh there is no doubt. And the ladies, ah ... precious sisters.

Will admit to times where the ire or the dander gets up to hear the surface skimming and pronouncement of just 'what this place is' as it was misunderstood for instance by this post itself. But misunderstanding is part and parcel of this style of communication and patience is one of the great challenges in writing in this fashion. Just as well, presumptions are highly dangerous throughout life and something that is often dashed to the ground here, that even without the effort of the saints, only time spent traveling the corridors of all that is available here making it's own truth known.

There is the greatest of opportunity to get a true spiritual education in this place and I ought to know, being a student.

Do we have a great moderator of what !?this is not mere flattery.

Mike, we appreciate you a lot! Praise God so much!
:-D

2006/11/11 11:29Profile

Re:

To quote tpique:

'For instance, I posted this article on a message board and people couldn't find the humor in it. Yes, in the literal sense it's sad, but does anyone else not see the humor in it?'

All too often I have found myself posting comments on this forum with no second thoughts about them. And they have always been so full of pride. I suppose the thing is, it's easy for us as individuals to see the things that we do ourselves and assume that we are always right and good.

I always end up posting when there is no need, and never posting when I feel moved to. Probably because I'm such a proud person that I want people to see me and not the Lord, who without Him I would actually be nothing.

Me posting this is quite a bold step, because I felt moved to say this without knowing if it even made any sense in relation with other posts. But I feel genuinely moved, having been brought almost to tears just reading this thread and realising my own level of pride and selfishness.

So why do I post this? Well, I can only answer that I felt moved to. If this is out of place, I apologise, although I do hope that someone gets something out of this. Maybe this is the Lord humbling me. Well, I pray for more, because I need plenty of it.

In Christ, and may all the glory go to Him,
Richard

2006/11/11 12:07
mamaluk

Re:

Brothers ( Richard, Tp ..)

I read many of your posts in the past and I'm wondering why you and some others brought on a sense of guilt to yourselves. Because I appreciate a lot of them.

No doubt, as fallen creatures, we sin and will sin from time to time, prideful, envious, inconsiderate..all these, but I also feel that, satan can accuse us many times while we are unaware..

I know I have also felt these same guilt feelings, but at times, I knew they were from the accuser..it's like the harder one tries to boast Christ, the more accusations one hears ( you're proud, you're judgmental....dadadadad)

Thankyou Greg, SI has been a building ground for me and, as Mike sees it, an assembly (church) to me. I enjoy the ability and opportunity here to be able to share and express and even to be tolerated by others. (hehe, some of my own posts make myself frown and blush:( )

Even though we are imperfect sinners, through Christ, we are blessed with fellowship, so, to come on SI to post and share, I have learned to post with our Lord in mind, to try to please Him and to bless others.

Do we need to be great or famous Christian heros in order to post? Do we need to be perfect in character in order to express? Do we need to be theological right-on to participate...NO WAY!

Part of the beauty of fellowship is, really, forbearance, and like Mike B. said, honesty. Every word posted here should be either to express love and reverence to God or love and edification for brethren. (hope I'm right)

Yeah, dear folks, no need to be toooo critical of ourselves lest we fall into satan's snare of accusations, over-humility can also turn into a strange form or pride, and create a distorted kind of self-centeredness too, Edit: only to look up, look up to His righteousness when the enemy comes accusing our conscience ..yeah, the human sin nature is all too complex..Edit: speaking from own experience only.

Yeah, don't take ourselves too seriously, only to take God in obedience and brethren in charity as such.. (Edit)

Thank you all

2006/11/11 12:39Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
Yeah, don't take ourselves too seriously,

Mamaluk, be careful to maintain the spirit of revival. Richard has shared some convictions from his heart, and that deserves our respect and trust. That was given to him by the Spirit; and who is anyone to question his testimony.

Quote:
But I feel genuinely moved, having been brought almost to tears just reading this thread and realising my own level of pride and selfishness.

Richard, It’s quite remarkable that God used this very (!) thread to touch you. He’s quite the master at using any faltering words in order to drive his dear ones towards himself. Brokenness is the path to God. I have noticed, even personally, that when we learn to accept our brokenness, it’s easier to laugh at ourselves.

"Blessed are you who weep now,
for you will laugh".
Lk 6:21

Diane

2006/11/11 13:47Profile
mamaluk

Re:

Diane,

No, all I was trying to say is that I respect Richard and TP's posts and convictions.

I also know how we can over-condemn ourselves sometimes..mainly saying that to myself (as somethings happened last night ).

True, how easy is one misunderstood like Mike said on posts. With me especially, half the time, if you are familiar with my posts, one will soon notice that I don't write too well.

Ok, let me try again, not to defend myself, but Richard and TP, I agreed and liked what you said in your posts, and that they don't need to feel bad about whatever possibly came from the accuser..

I feel like I should retake a writing course sometimes, sorry for any misunderstanding, really..

Praise Thee Lord !

2006/11/11 15:11Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
I'm such a proud person that I want people to see me and not the Lord, who without Him I would actually be nothing.

I think He's visible in this statement brother. Always comes back to who we are conforming to and looking like, and not whether we are smart or correct or even 'annointed'...how I appreciate this reminder.

MC

2006/11/11 15:18Profile

Re: Why are Message Boards so serious all the time???

OK tpique1, here's my excuse for being serious.

a) I can't tell jokes, although I can see the funny side in situations and I love puns and spontaneously clean humour which others bring to communications.

b) I spent so long messing around with my life, that I don't have time, now, to mess around any longer.

Let me quote GW North....

'If you tell me you're going up to bed, but I find you going down to the kitchen, I'm entitled to conclude that you didn't tell me the truth.'

This puts in a nutshell what my life was like towards God. All talk and contrary action.

No more.

I could say a lot more about whether I was having fun back then, or I just [i]thought[/i] I was having fun, but either way, I'm not looking for fun now, and yet I am much happier in every respect, having rolled all my burdens on to Jesus.

Here in England, gsoh (good sense of humour) is high on the list of qualities being sought in other people by prospective partners.... Why? Because those people don't really have the true source of joy in their lives, and things go wrong. Not having God to help them out, they need a joker to help them get by. Sadly, this often means such a person is hiding stuff, or [i]really[/i] isn't interested in lasting treasure.

Sorry if I'm boring you. I just wanted to share my two pence.

2006/11/11 15:48

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy