SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : 1986 Prophesy of David Wilkerson Concerning Plague

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

1986 Prophesy of David Wilkerson Concerning Plague

"I see a plague coming on the world, and the bars, churches and government will shut down. The plague will hit New York City and shake it like it has never been shaken. The plague is going to force prayerless believers into radical prayer and into their Bibles, and repentance will be the cry from the man of God in the pulpit. And out of it will come a third Great Awakening that will sweep America and the world."

-David Wilkerson in 1986

2020/4/3 9:40Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: 1986 Prophesy of David Wilkerson Concerning Plague

Can anyone find what book this is from?

=====

EDIT:

Saints,

A brother contacted Times Square Church and their response points to this quote by wilkerson being probably spurious, though he said similar things, this exact wording is not right:

“To the best of our knowledge, David Wilkerson has never made this statement either in his prophetic books or in his recorded messages”

=====

2020/4/3 11:08Profile
docs

Re:

Brother David wrote a book called "The Vision" when he first warned of coming calamities and other things and he took some heat for publishing what was said to be a untimely and scary word. He concluded this book with the exhortation GOD HAS EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL.

He also wrote a book titled "The Sound of Approaching Hoofbeats" in which he warned that the church was about o be purged first then the rest of society.

It might be in one of these two books.

2020/4/3 11:45Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

I did some searching on the internet to find more about this 1986 prophecy and found that these were notes Mike Evans took of a David Wilkerson meeting held in a hotel in Dallas/Fort Worth. In addition to what was shared above Mike Evans also gives more backstory and further details:

As I was in prayer, studying and preparing in my prayer room, I picked up an old Bible and out of it fell a note I had forgotten I even had. As I read it, I found myself trembling and crying.

The note was from a breakfast I had with Dr. David Wilkerson in 1986 at the Embassy Suites near the Dallas Fort-Worth Airport. He showed me a letter addressed to Rev. Richard Dortch who was running PTL under Jim Bakker. It said, “Rev. Dortch, within 12 months from the date of this letter, the judgment of God will fall on PTL. You are fornicating with brick and stone. Flee now and repent. Bats will fly through the empty building.” A month later, I was with Dortch, and he mocked David’s letter saying, “if I fornicate, it will not be with brick and stone. These attacks aren’t against me or Jim Bakker, they are against God.” It was exactly 12 months to the day that The Charlotte Observer broke the PTL scandal. Twelve months to the day of Dave Wilkerson’s letter.

In that same meeting as I was meeting with Brother Wilkerson, he opened his Bible to Isaiah 24. He said, “every house will be shut up, and no one will be coming or going. The city of confusion is broken down, and every house is shut up that no man may come in.” Isaiah 24:10 says that. The prophet Isaiah describes in Isaiah 24:12, all entrances and exits to the city are gone. In other words, there will be no place to escape. God has shown me that a calamity is coming beyond humankind’s capacity to respond. This judgment will devastate the world’s economies. Every restaurant and bar will be shut down, and all the drinking and merrymaking will end. All entertainment and churches will be shut down.

Isaiah says in the 24th chapter, verse 9, “they shall not drink wine with a song.” The mirth of the land is gone. All sports will be shut down. But the prophet Isaiah also saw a great shaking of the olive tree coming in 24:13. In other words, God’s shaking everything that can be shaken. It’s a time of overwhelming darkness as He exposes the world’s idols. But in the midst of this terrible shaking, a song is heard, a chorus of voices singing praises to the majesty of God. “They shall lift up their voice, they shall sing for the majesty of the Lord, they shall cry aloud from the sea,” (Isaiah 24:14). That’s the beginning of the Great Awakening.

And then in 24:15-16 it says, “from the uttermost part of the earth have we heard songs, even glory to the righteous.” Lukewarm Believers are going to come back to their first love. Their souls will be flooded with godly repentance, falling on their knees with repentance. There will be a great awakening. The song of revival will be heard from the uttermost parts of the earth. From Israel to Indonesia, Africa, from the east to the west, from the north to the south, from China to Arab lands, all parts of the earth will rise up in the midst of this plague. They’ll be feasting on the Word. The idols are coming down. They will see in horror the idols they have worshiped that have blocked them from the power of the Holy Spirit...idols they put their faith in. The greatest cry of repentance will come from God’s remnant.

END OF RELEVANT PART OF EVAN'S RELATING THE STORY

If you want to read a really long message about coronavirus and the need to repent and the coming revival AND the details about David Wilkerson's prophecy you can read the whole long thing here: https://bit.ly/3e76yIf

-Daniel

2020/4/3 11:46Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Thank you so much Brother Daniel for giving us the background information concerning this prophesy.

All true prophets speak from the Lord, who calls the Church to repent. The false prophets prophesy to itching ears, saying that all is well, and those that listen to them go back to sleep.

2020/4/3 14:08Profile
staff

Re:

Abideinhim,
This is only in part accurate

"All true prophets speak from the Lord, who calls the Church to repent"

True Prophets give the word thay hear from the Lord,

Sometimes the word is of repentance,sometimes of urgency or sometimes of comfort but not all the time is it of repentance as the post suggests.

If a Prophet speaks a word of Repentance or persecution and the Lord didnt say Repentance or persecution then that Prophet is making a prophesy to itching ears "saying all is not well" when it is as well or vica verca

1 Cor 4:13

But one who prophesies speaks to men for edification and exhortation and consolation

All true prophesy is for edification ,exhortation and consolation and just because a prophet doesnt give a word of repentance but of comfort doesnt make him not a True Prophet
yours staff

2020/4/3 14:46Profile
staff

Re: 1986 Prophesy of David Wilkerson Concerning Plague

Hi Abideinhim,
This would go against the majority view on SI who consistantly said persecution is coming not a revival,
staff

2020/4/3 14:49Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"This would go against the majority view on SI who consistantly said persecution is coming not a revival,"

Brother,

I do not submit posts according to popular opinion or according to which way the wind is blowing.

The Word of God teaches that there will be tribulation and persecution in the last days, and the scripture also indicates that there will be a last days revival that will bring in the harvest.

I believe that revival and awakening are coming. God is moving all over the world, but there will never be revival without prayer and intercession, and there will never be revival without the repentance of God's people.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." (2 Chronicles 7:14).

2020/4/3 15:02Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Abideinhim,
I was mainly commenting on your qualification of what makes a True Prophet and saying that always the Prophet has to speak what he hears from God whether it be comfort or repentance Im sure you will agree.

Lets get this right because most people on SI get it wrong
God teaches that there will be "A Great Tribulation" in the last days not tribulation.Persecution we always have sometimes stronger than others but lets not mix up the two things Persecution and the Great Tribulation are are very different things.The Great Tribulation is a specific period of time set out which mainly deals with God pouring out his wrath,
I know amazing amount of humble Christians praying and seeking his face that are not partaking in wickedness ,living in forgiveness,
yours staff

2020/4/3 16:16Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re:

2020/4/3 17:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy