SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Afghan man faces death for conversion to Christianity...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

Afghan man faces death for conversion to Christianity...

[b]Bush Troubled by Afghan Convert's Case[/b]
Mar 22 12:54 PM US/Eastern
[i]By JENNIFER LOVEN[/i]
Associated Press Writer

President Bush said Wednesday that he is "deeply troubled" that an Afghan man is being tried for converting to Christianity.

Abdul Rahman, 41, faces a possible death penalty for converting from Islam to Christianity 16 years ago. He has been charged with rejecting Islam, a crime under this country's Islamic laws. Bush said in a speech today that a young democracy is growing in Afghanistan, but he's concerned about the case.

"We expect them to honor the universal principle of freedom," Bush said. "I'm troubled when I hear, deeply troubled when I hear, the fact that a person who converted away from Islam may be held to account. That's not the universal application of the values that I talked about. I look forward to working with the government of that country to make sure that people are protected in their capacity to worship."

Rahman's trial started last week, but a state prosecutor said Wednesday that he may be mentally unfit to stand trial. Moayuddin Baluch, a religious adviser to President Hamid Karzai, said Rahman would undergo a psychological examination and the case will be dropped if he's found mentally unfit.

[i]Full article available at[/i]:
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/03/22/D8GGOUOOB.html

Please pray for this man.

:-(

2006/3/22 14:20Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: Afghan man faces death for conversion to Christianity...

this spirit is fast sweeping pver the world and will and on these shores soon.may our faith in God, courage and endurance not be found lacking for these will all be tested.

Lord prepare us.AMEN

2006/3/22 18:36Profile

Re:

Yet we grant China 'most favored trading nation statis'.

I'm sorry, but more goes on in China and always has, yet we roll out the red carpet for them and send all of our manufacturing over there for their slave labor. :-(
Now that makes me cry. Why are all the items in the Christian book stores "made in China" and why do we support stores like Wal-Mart, who they now call China-mart ?

2006/3/22 21:22
gluemanchu

Re:

Well, I'm newbie here, first post. I was sitting in Church Sunday and the thought occured to me to check the front of my bible to see where it was printed. Sure enough, there it was "Printed in China". China doesn't mind cashing in on Bible printing but sure doesn't mind perswecuting people for reading them

2006/3/22 22:54Profile
Greenquality

mountains of Pa.

Re:

well I'm glad pres Bush spoke out for this man.

2006/3/23 4:55Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Afghan man faces death for conversion to Christianity...

Hello...!

Thank you for praying for this man. There were several reports today that this man might actually be released.

The execution of this man would set a terrible precedent in national policy in the Middle East. Please continue to pray. While there is still much persecution in the Middle East, China and North Korea, this has let nations understand that the United States does not smile upon nations that do not allow religious liberty.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/03/24/060324192407.6b67boyy.html

By the way, I agree that more needs to be done in order to curtail the persecution of the Church in China. There is actually some legislation being drafted in order to "persuade" China to adopt greater human rights policies. Similar legislation was rejected by the Clinton Administration when they opened the door for trade with China. However, it has a strong chance of passing now.

:-)

p.s. - Pardon my typos and grammar. I am suffering through a terrible cold.

2006/3/24 17:24Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone.

Chris,

Quote:
Thank you for praying for this man. There were several reports today that this man might actually be released.

I am glad this story has got so much coverage
:-) . Maybe it will help raise awareness here of what our brothers and sisters are facing everyday.

Thanks for the update.

God be with you all in Christ.

2006/3/24 19:27Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hello...

The Afghan Court decided to "drop" the case against the man accused of converting from Islam to Christianity. This man faced execution if convicted. He was arrested when police discovered that he had a Bible.

I thought that it was interesting that he publicly admitted to his "guilt." You always hear the old saying, "[i]If you were accused of being a Christian, could you be found guilty by the life you live[/i]?" This case brings such devotional questions to life.

Please continue to pray for this man. While the case was dropped by the courts, there are many Muslims that are angry with the court's decision. Please continue to pray for this man's safety.

Here is the article:
[url=http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060327/ap_on_re_as/afghan_christian_convert_50;_ylt=AqECG9Y6_a.WgMzkoTh2BCjOVooA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl]Afghan's Protest Court Decision[/url]

:-)

2006/3/27 12:36Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy