SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Does God Speak?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Diane said:

Quote:
I could give you numerous examples of where God has spoken directly into my mind, or in dreams and visions – all for my own spiritual growth or to guide intercession. He usually gives me scriptures to accompany the revelatory experiences.

Please do!! :-)

2006/3/21 19:24

Re:

Quote:
I believe God does speak "audibly" as well as "non-audibly". I think it depends on the person for whom God shares such a privilege with, but I don't think it's necessary

I am not being critical, I just want to say that you don't know what your saying. When you hear God's voice audibly and not just within you DOES mean a world of difference. I can't think of one thing to give you an example of because it literally changes you. God audibly spoke out of the sky saying, "This is my beloved Son, hear ye Him", that was necessary. Whatever is in our Bible that God has done, lets not ever dismiss any of it. If He did it than, than He can do it again. Can I hear an Amen?

2006/3/21 19:36

Re:

Well you are being critical anyways, but okay :). It doesn't make a "world" of a difference. The Holy Spirit has been poured out forth, it was not before thus God did speak audibly. Now he speaks audibly through the Holy Spirit. We don't "need" him to speak audibly to us. It can be something that happens, but it doesn't have to. IMO, he wants to test us to see if we'll stay faithful without some 'fanciful' miracle like that. It's sorta like "blessed are they who believe and have not seen Me, for great is their rewards in Heaven"... an audible voice would be in some sense of the word "seeing"... as "hearing is believing" in the same respect as "seeing is believing", so I think it is rare that God speaks audibly OR shows part of His glory VISIBLY (as we cannot see it all or we'd die-- but then again what we think is His glory visible is not what He thinks it is... i.e., a person which glorifies God)

Personally, I do not want to ever hear His voice audibly. Why? Because I do not want to come to the point where I rely on my humanistic senses to discern God. I must rely on the Holy Spirit as much as I can. Nor do I ever want to see God in the sense of Moses w/ the burning bush. For the same reason: I wouldn't be able to take it fully.

2006/3/21 19:47
roadsign

Re: God speaks to protect his work

Quote:
he wants to test us to see if we'll stay faithful without some 'fanciful' miracle like that. It's sorta like "blessed are they who believe and have not seen Me, for great is their rewards in Heaven"..

This is very true. Those who are looking for special experiences in order to validate their Spirit-filled “status” have totally missed the point. They are in danger of turning revelations into idols. And the devil knows that, and can lead them astray. After all, he can mimic a lot of the things God does. There is an OT reference to the false prophets receiving deceiving visions.
Quote:
Please do!!

I have been very reluctant to share revelatory experiences or impressions because it can take the focus away from their intention, and their Source. I have noticed that when I share in God’s timing, the intended response is elicited: The revelation is NEVER the center of attention, rather, the conscience is pricked, the person is comforted, assured, or whatever is needed at the moment. It is really the Holy Spirit at work, and I am merely a channel. Here is one example:

One night when I was a youth Chaplin at a summer camp I had a dream of a party going on downstairs. I awoke (2 am) and was quite concerned, as I was the only adult there, and was responsible. The Lord restrained me from going downstairs, and after some fretting on my part, I finally let it rest and went back to sleep. The next morning I spoke privately to some of the teens, saying, “Last night I dreamed about a party”. That’s all I said. One youth said, “Oh, I was up late last night with so and so and we were praying and sharing. I could tell that he was not lying. He was a godly person. Then I said it to another youth and she gave me an angry, defensive response and said, “Well, we should have a right to do what we want around here.” (the youth were staff) I learned that she was the instigator of the party. I discovered another more serious offence, and got her fired. God had wanted that, for the protection of the ministry.
Diane

2006/3/21 20:40Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i beleive you must hear from God personnally in order to be saved(the Holy Spirit'scall on your heart)there are no examp;es of faith in the bible other than God speaking to an individuals heart to do something specifically. Faith comes from HEARING and hearing from the word of God.you have not chosen Me but Ihave chosen you.God is still God and still speaks in that still small voice.jimp

g

2006/3/21 21:42Profile
roadsign

Re: the harm done by ceasationists

Quote:
i beleive you must hear from God personnally in order to be saved(the Holy Spirit'scall on your heart)there are no examp;es of faith in the bible other than God speaking to an individuals heart to do something specifically.

This is where the ceasationists do a lot of harm with their doctrinal position. I use myself as an example. For years I considered myself saved because I followed the voice of man, man's instructions on how to get saved (in four steps) I really relied on man. It was a huge eye-opener to me to know, first of all, that I could seek God myself directly , and second that he could speak so clearly without a mediator (pastor).
Hearing God brought me on path to true repentance.
Diane

2006/3/22 6:51Profile
Rahman

Re: Does God Speak?

Greetings in Christ Jesus sis. Melissa ...

My "life-verse" is Jer. 33:3;
"Call unto Me, [b] and I will answer thee[/b], and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."

So it's obvious that i believe our Lord speaks to me/us ...

As i've said before ... If it's not the Spirit of God talking to me (within my spirit is how i hear Him) then i'm in need of serious psychiatric help ... Tho i dare say there are many whom i've come in contact with that think it's definitely the latter :-P ...

Have a blessed day in the power of the Holy Ghost!

Bro. R

2006/3/22 8:50Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
God does not give new, extra-Biblical revelation and He does not contradict His Word... but He does speak to us today thru the Holy Spirit. But most believers today dont hear from God because they are too busy watching TV, working, etc etc and not spending any real quality time reading the Word and praying.

15 minutes of reading the Bible before you go to work is not "spending time with God". The only way someone is gonna hear from God is to make HIM the priority ALL day long. Pray without ceasing. STUDY the Word, dont just read it.

Krispy

I completely agree. Thanks for your input, Krispy.

2006/3/22 9:27Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Thanks, Smokey!

I appreciate your input on this subject.

2006/3/22 9:27Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Thanks, Rookie.

I appreciate your input on this subject.

2006/3/22 9:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy