SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is the Bible really the inerrant Word of God?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 Next Page )
PosterThread
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re:

Krispy:

OK, so this is my last comment on this thread.

Krispy, if in your opinion my previous post is wrong, I will withdraw it.

If we are "Born Again" the Holy Spirit convicts us of the Truth of His Word, and no "thoughtful discussion" is needed. If we are dealing with indaviduals that intend to cause confusion, they need rebuke, as Jesus demonstrated in the following verse..

Mat 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Is it not time that the Church of Christ stand up for something???

Greg

2006/3/20 15:20Profile
roadsign

Re: true

Krispy, I did actually hear it preached. It was not meant in zest or ridicule. He was serious. Nevertheless, I should not have posted it... clear case of impusive fingers.
I think we should not make fun of the translations God uses to speaks to people... even calling a translation a perversion. That is an insult to God's magnificent ability to overrule man's weaknesses and save someone through that Bible.

The important truths we need to know are said over and over and over and over again in the Bible, and if we miss it while we read one section, we can revisit it somewhere else.... and somewhere else.

I know someone who was saved through reading the Old Testement. The Good News is there too!!! PTL
Diane

2006/3/20 15:20Profile

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Quote:
I must unapologeticly submit to you

I hope you mean "submit" as in "I submitted my report to the teacher"... and not actually submitting to me!! LOL

Krispy

According to the Websters dictionary the word submit means "to put forward as an opinion". This was what I was shooting for. 8-)

2006/3/20 15:29

Re:

Quote:
Krispy, if in your opinion my previous post is wrong, I will withdraw it.

All I'm saying is that I am attempting to have a thoughful discussion about this. There are a lot of truly born again believers on this forum who dont agree with me on this. I dont think there is any place on here for condemning people for disagreeing. I think when the discussion turns volatile we all lose.

I would hope you wouldnt run from the conversation. If you agree with me, then stick around and help.

Krispy

2006/3/20 15:32

Re:

Quote:
If we are dealing with indaviduals that intend to cause confusion, they need rebuke

I know KingJimmy and IRONMAN and Roadsign well enough to know that they do not intend the cause confusion. They honestly disagree with me. All I'm saying is "let's reason together".

Krispy

2006/3/20 15:35

Re:

Quote:
even calling a translation a perversion

But if the truth was tainted by human hands, no matter how small, then by the definition of the word... it has been perverted.

Say I release plans for a house to be build. I've sealed it and sent it out. Some contractor takes it upon himself to alter the drawings without my knowledge... then the drawings have been perverted. Right?

Krispy

2006/3/20 15:38
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

All I'm saying is that I am attempting to have a thoughful discussion about this. There are a lot of truly born again believers on this forum who dont agree with me on this. I dont think there is any place on here for condemning people for disagreeing. I think when the discussion turns volatile we all lose.

It's an attempt at a thoughtful conversation which is not based on reality. We need to base our theology on fact, not declaring something simply as so.

Fact: We have not one single manuscript in Greek and Hebrew that is without error.

A theology that declares otherwise is one based on fantasy, and has no substance to it. If your doctrine of inerrancy and preservation does not fit this fact, then you need to modify it-- for the very documents you quote to propigate your doctrine has the very flaws you declare it doesn't have!

2006/3/20 15:46Profile

Re:

Quote:
It's an attempt at a thoughtful conversation which is not based on reality. We need to base our theology on fact, not declaring something simply as so.

Fact: We have not one single manuscript in Greek and Hebrew that is without error.

A theology that declares otherwise is one based on fantasy, and has no substance to it. If your doctrine of inerrancy and preservation does not fit this fact, then you need to modify it-- for the very documents you quote to propigate your doctrine has the very flaws you declare it doesn't have!

This is not a fact. You learned this from whatever college professors you have sat under, but there is plenty of evidence refuting exactly what you have said. Dean John Burgon, for starters.

And how is that you can proove there are no greek manuscripts that do not have error?

As I said, you have concluded (but not admitted) that there is no way we know what the truth of God's Word is because we [b]do not[/b] have it. That is your conclusion.

Krispy

2006/3/20 15:56
MSeaman

Michigan

Re: Is the Bible really the inerrant Word of God?

I believe that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God. Which translation? Don't they all say basically the same thing? I do have a problem with some paraphrases that change the intention of Scripture, other than that....

If we cannot trust our Bible regardless of translation, how can we know God? There are many out there who teach that God doesn't speak to His people except through the Bible. I don't believe this, but I believe you should test every spirit by the Bible.

and that's all I have to say. Period. :-)

2006/3/20 16:22Profile

Re:

Quote:
I know someone who was saved through reading the Old Testament.

Did they already have an established understanding of the gospel?

2006/3/20 16:33

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy