SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is the Bible really the inerrant Word of God?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 Next Page )
PosterThread

Is the Bible really the inerrant Word of God?

Krispy

2006/3/20 9:15

Re: Is the Bible really the inerrant Word of God?

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:

Krispy

YES!!! :-D

2006/3/20 11:28

Re:

OK, good answer.

Next question... which Bible? NIV, NASV, KJV ect?

Keep in mind the definition of the word "inerrant":

1. Incapable of erring; infallible.
2. Containing no errors.

Krispy

2006/3/20 11:36
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Krispy

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
OK, good answer.

Next question... which Bible? NIV, NASV, KJV ect?

Keep in mind the definition of the word "inerrant":

1. Incapable of erring; infallible.
2. Containing no errors.

Krispy

none of them unless one receives the revelation of the scriptures from the SPirit of God who breathed the scriptures.

2006/3/20 12:27Profile

Re:

Quote:
none of them unless one receives the revelation of the scriptures from the SPirit of God who breathed the scriptures.

What does that mean?

Think about this, if I go to court and testify to an event, and I tell the absolute truth about an event... is it only true if the Judge has a revelation that what I say is true? So if the Judge decides that I am lying when I am telling the truth... does that make what I said any less the truth?

There is a hell. The fact that many people (even so-called Christians) dont believe in it doesnt change that truth. It's still the truth.

Krispy

2006/3/20 13:03
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Is the Bible really the inerrant Word of God?

I believe the original writings are infallible but I don't believe any translations are, including the KJV.

I can see where this thread is leading and I just want to say that before we start attacking any translation we should carefully consider the possibility that the Holy Spirit had a hand in the translation.

It's great that many people prefer the KJV, I do too, but if we don't believe the true gospel is in any of the newer versions then we either haven't read them or we have an agenda which keeps us from admitting it. I've even heard some say the new translations are of the devil, this is in my opinion very dangerous ground to tread on.

In Christ,

Ron

2006/3/20 13:11Profile

Re:

Quote:
I believe the original writings are infallible

Well, the original writings no longer exist. Where does that leave you? Your basically saying that at one time the infallible truth did exist, but it no longer exists.

So in essence your saying there is no infallible truth... no "final authority".

Everyone here knows I hold to the KJV and reject the modern versions, so there is no hidden agenda here. I'm just trying to get people to at least think about some things.

It's not my job to convince anyone of anything. That's the Holy Spirit's job.

Krispy

2006/3/20 13:13
roadsign

Re: God's word

Quote:
Well, the original writings no longer exist. Where does that leave you?

Do you think that God failed in the presrvation of them? No, not at all!! He doesn't need them! And nor do we.

What version did the Pharisees study so very diligently? Was it not the originals? And why did they miss something as obvious as the Messiah - whose coming wasn't just an obscure prediction. It was repeated over and over and over. They missed it because they were stuck in their courts.

God's Spirit enlightens us to truth. Without that any translation is distorted within their minds.

And why could such writers as King David understand the heart of God so well - even without having a lot of the Bible as we know it?

Someone said, much of Scripture cannot be understood without persecution. I believe it. Just think of the words that COME ALIVE during tials.

I find it amazing how God can use even a "loose" translation to bring someone to his saving grace.

Diane

2006/3/20 13:20Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

The Scriptures as originally written are inerrant. However, since there exists no single greek or hebrew manuscript on the face of the planet that doesn't have some sort of error in it (typo's included!), we cannot say any of the manuscripts we posses are free from error. This does not mean we cannot say however, that the Scriptures are the final authority.

This view of inerrancy is based on what is indeed factually true. To come up with a view of inerrancy that is not grounded in the evidence we actually have, is to stick one's head in the sand. E.g. saying only the TR is without error.

Who knows, maybe there exists out there a copy of each book of the Bible that is free from any sort of error in it, but if such is the case, then it is like when all copies of the Law vanished during the OT times for a period of time, until the days of Jeremiah where a copy of them was found in the ruins of the damaged temple. Perhaps a yet undiscovered copy exists out there. If such is the case, then it actually exists, but we simply do not posses that copy.

2006/3/20 13:27Profile
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

Krispy,

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. The spiritual man makes judgments about all things but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment: "For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ.
1 Corinthians 2:10

Murray

2006/3/20 13:33Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy