SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Gate Beautiful... Salvation opportunity missed?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread

Re: Gate Beautiful ... Salvation opportunity missed?

Dear Annie,

Thank you for taking so much time to set out the above exposition, which was essential for me to learn a little more New Testament Greek, :-) and understand the way you worded your thinking.

With reference to the post on which I was commenting, I [i]did[/i] read what I quoted in context, but didn't think it necessary to quote more to further the discussion on how one would (according to you), have to be 'out' of one's 'human nature' in order to be obedient to the Spirit. In fact, in the light of what you've explained above, you don't quite [i]believe[/i] that either....

I don't think it's helpful to describe humans as 'a trichotomy'. That 'chotomy' bit, meaning 'cut' interferes with the reality that we are, in fact, totally integrated. Even tripartite as with Trinity, suggests greater separation than there is.

You said

Quote:
( a person that is not saved, may be indwelled by 'a' spirit).

I'm not disputing this, but, in the same way as you had said
Quote:
after regeneration the Spirit of the Lord inhabits the spirit of the human. The Spirit takes residence in our spirit.

for the sake of those reading, would you be willing to re-define what you're getting at?... having already said

Quote:
Before regeneration, [b]the spirit is dead[/b]

I don't think you can justify 'the spirit is dead' scripturally; there are too many references to the 'spirit' of man, prior to the [i]possibility[/i] of regeneration.

Not only that, but the body is lifeless without a spirit, is it not? And unless our physical body is alive and working, there is no brain to support the soul, or [i]manage[/i] its humours.

Lastly, I have not thought either of us was addressing this discussion with a 'mocking' attitude. When I used the word 'knock', it was in the vein of 'dis' (short for 'disrespect' - street language), which is in common usage over here. Please accept my apology if it came over as [i]anything[/i] else.

2006/3/29 7:27

Re:

Quote:
I don't think it's helpful to describe humans as 'a trichotomy'. That 'chotomy' bit, meaning 'cut' interferes with the reality that we are, in fact, totally integrated. Even tripartite as with Trinity, suggests greater separation than there is.

The Trinity is a and the only Perfect 3 in one.

Humans on the other hand are not of One Mind.

They can be governed by body, soul or spirit, if not saved or carnal.

The body, soul and spirit are not in perfect Unity as the Triune Godhead is.

Symantics matter little in this.

As it matters little if one chooses be called to be a "Trinitarian". Unless, one chooses debate over our english language and verbology, rather than come aside one another in the minors and stand together in the Majors.

Before the Lord "quickens" us, we are "spiritually" dead.

The Lord is Spirit and has communion with the Spirit of man. It is through our Spirits that He speaks and if we are receptive to the Spirit, then our souls are submitted to or dependent on learning that Voice within our own Holy of Holies within, where The Lord's Spirit resides.

If it is our 'spirit' that is Alive now onto Christ, then you would have to determine what these verses mean and what spiritually dead means.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom 5:15 But not as the offense, so also is the free gift. For if through the offense of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Rom 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, by (grace ye are saved;)Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus

Eph 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

Col 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses

Rev 3:1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.Rev 3:2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
Rev 3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
Rev 3:4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
Rev 3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Edited to add Eph 2:6 and the rest of Rev. 3 (sorry)

2006/3/29 8:18

Re: Gate Beautiful - Salvation opportunity missed?

Annie,

I've been musing over the difference between 'spirit' in the Old Testament and the verses you quote which clearly state the spirit is dead. It seems the best place to understand this, is

(YLT) Genesis 3:22 And Jehovah God saith, `Lo, the man was as one of Us, as to the knowledge of good and evil; and now, lest he send forth his hand, and have taken also of the tree of life, and eaten, and lived to the age,' -- 23 Jehovah God sendeth him forth from the garden of Eden to serve the ground from which he hath been taken; 24 yea, he casteth out the man, and causeth to dwell at the east of the garden of Eden the cherubs and the flame of the sword which is turning itself round to guard the way of the tree of life.

1 Peter 2:21 for to this ye were called, because Christ also did suffer for you, leaving to you an example, that ye may follow his steps, 22 who did not commit sin, nor was guile found in his mouth, 23 who being reviled--was not reviling again, suffering--was not threatening, and was committing himself to Him who is judging righteously, 24 who our sins himself did bear in his body, upon the tree, that to the sins having died, to the righteousness we may live; by whose stripes ye were healed, 25 for ye were as sheep going astray, but ye turned back now to the shepherd and overseer of your souls.

2006/4/10 11:18

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy