SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Chinese believers face torture and possible death sentence

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Dear Annie,

Quote:
I don't know what else to say. Should I continue on this thread above ?

I don't know, maybe though this is not the right thread?

Also, and this is just a suggestion, but I am wondering if by repeating or giving voice to the plans of these people that we might somehow become partakers of them(I hope not but)?

This verse comes to mind...

Quote:
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

because...

Quote:
For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

It concerns me that our giving utterance to thier plans [i]could[/i] make us partakers with them?
:-(

Quote:
I believed, therefore have I spoken

Surely wicked men have schemes unfortantely...

Quote:
Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

but what is the reply of scripture to this...

Quote:
He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

That is amazing,
and I think Peter also saw that this was fulfilled in his day becuase,

Quote:
For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,

for this cause...

Quote:
For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.

So, perhaps then the same holds true today, that whatever these schemes are, they are ultimately according, or under 'His hand and His counsel'? God forbid we think there is any evil doing or fault with God! A thousand times no! But, we also are assured by a similar instance...

Quote:
This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.

Dear annie, I am just concerned that we can misplace our focus. I do not believe our Lord wants us to be troubled or worried by anything. Unfortunatley we still do though, at least I do. So often He came to His disciples with the words

Quote:
fear not

And shouldn't we be assured today that

Quote:
For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

even those who plot against him today?

No matter how much power these people accumulate to themselves, we know that Christ has ascended and is placed

Quote:
Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

Ohh this is very comforting to think about brothers and sisters. Please don't misunderstand me, I am just concerned for our hearts. So, maybe it is also good to remember that our King still reigneth, and always will.

May God refresh us and nourish our hearts evermore.

2006/3/26 16:27Profile

Re:

The thing to remember is that this is all bible prophecy being fulfilled, so it's o.k. to discuss these things if it's in the bible. Also we need to remember that the masons, and the ecumenical movement, along with the new age movement all tie together ushering in the appearance of the anti-christ. All these cults tie together. The church I left about nine months ago had twelve deacons and many of them were masons. This was one of the reasons we left. I could sense a spirit there that gave me the creeps. Still gives me the creeps to think about it :-? Anyway, why DON'T we start another thread on this. I'm game. :-)

2006/3/26 17:57

Re:

Hia Chris, forgive me if I strongly disagree, but NOT with strong words. ha - not to worry. I'm feeling some better today.

The point is, Can you measure how much Jesus wrote in the Word about these last days ?

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. Ha.

There was a reason and a GREAT one, that he did ... he gave the puzzle in there for us to know who's who and what's what and all the finer details so to keep us WISE in these last days.

I've been into this JUNK (ha) for 26 years and it's only made me a stronger Christian and less fearful and more sound in doctrine and only because I'm compelled to squeeze in closer to HIM and His Word, to get through what He's showing us of what's here and coming.

I sense the fear in you brother Chris and I understand that very well, but that comes from NOT facing this stuff [b]head on[/b].

God wrote about beasts and kingdoms to come and a Mystery Babylon Religion and all sorts of scarey stuff - but He did it so that we WOULD KNOW. See brother ?

I can get into this stuff without a half-an-ounce of fear now. And like I told ya's, I'm short and born somewhat timid ... but now ... nothing much at all scares me at all [except bugs presently - HA].... because I read The BOOK. :-D

It's got a HAPPY ENDING :-D :-D :-D

So yeah J-bird .... tonite on the Lounge man - ha.
"Eschatology and the News" is the need of the hour and in God's Word sooooooooooooooooooooo much. 8-)

Lord Bless you all.

(We just won't argue Pre, Mid or Post trib, cuz I'm Post-trib but MANY of my Pre-Trib brothers & sis know that stuff is coming for us all and are ready :)

Shalom.
me again too

:-)

2006/3/26 18:22

Re:

I almost don't want to leave this Chinese brother though.

Though I never wanted to continue this other subject on here ... I wanted to keep this thread up for this brother.

I don't want to say farewell to this story. So, maybe one of us can bump this now and again.

I know there are many out there. I love www.persecution.com and brother Richard Wurmbrand's books, that he said he wrote for us in the free world, especially the US because 'he' wanted to prepare us for what he went through, cuz he said it 'is' coming here.

Lord bless that web-site-Ministry and let's all wave up at brother and sis Wurmbrand and use this one Chinese brother as a 'symbolic' in our prayers for the persecuted around the world.

God Bless them. Amen.

2006/3/26 18:35
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi again Annie and everyone.

Annie, again, I think the issue that concerns me about this topic is one of focus. My concern is not about the events themselves, it's with the content that is being studied and what believers may imbibe into thier hearts and minds in the process.

Isn't there a danger in studying the [i]thoughts[/i] and [i]plans[/i] of satan and the [i]words[/i] of his workers? Please, before anyone glosses over that question, what is any [i]ism[/i] really?

Certainly the holy scripture deals with this, but these things come to us there from the pure mind of God, not from the defiled and corrupted minds of ungodly men.

Beloved if the scripture says this

Quote:
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord

then could this apply also for other things we gaze at intently?

This verse might not exactly match this context, but I think the principle holds true

Quote:
Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way.

for the scripture also says

Quote:
Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Beloved, I am not saying we should not earnestly study the scriptures to know what they say. My concern is in studying the thoughts and words of these people who are avowed against the Lord.

And even in our study of the scriptures we can loose sight of that to which they all point, the Person of our Lord

Quote:
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Even in that great and final book of our Bible, we see, in my opinon, the unfolding of the Majesty of God in Christ more than anything else.

Alright, thank you for letting me share with you my concerns.

God be with us.

2006/3/26 19:38Profile

Re:

The day I lose site brother of Jesus ... I think the sky is as likely to turn green after these many years and what I've been saved FROM.

Brother Chris, I wish you'd calm down. ha.

We did the same thing on that other thread.

You're scared to death of Discernment Minstries, which I prefer to call Apologetic ministries ... that "discernment" word has been over-used and abused I'm afraid.

My husband and I have been at this again, for 26 years, along with many many others, like Tricia Tillin that Mike brought up on the other thread.
Her ministry has helped many as he said there.

If this stuff makes you nervous, change the channel ... (trying to make jokes here :) .... but that's what they say brother.

If we start a thread that you don't care for the topic, don't come on it. That's what I do.

My husband reads in his den and I use the computer ... MUST he stay here with me and not have the liberty to read what he wants ? No, and that's how it is on forums with us being family and all.
Others right now are on their own threads talking to each other and I may never even get a chance to see that thread and may not care to get involved on it. Do you see what I'm saying ? You can't deny these Discernment/Apologetic Ministries from doing what God has called them to do, just because it's not for you.

Make room for other people's callings brother please, so they can make room for yours.

You posted this first post on here because of the freedom we still have ... and may not have much longer ... and I thank God that you did.

Persecution must have been heavy on your heart, but not everyone here cares like you did, to post this. Must we fault them too ?

See, we all have our burdens and callings.

I just looked at a thread that doesn't interest me to read or post on. Does that make the folks on there posting wrong ? No. We all are individuals. Christ doesn't take our individuality from us, so let's do the same for each other.
No one will get hurt if they 'know' the Lord.

Bottomline.

Love.
Annie

2006/3/26 21:40

Re:

I'm gonna keep praying here.

I'll have to start that thread on the Lounge some other time. I need to rest my eyes. Ha. Praise the Lord. Thanks for understanding.

God Bless youse and see ya's 'here, there, or in the air.'

2006/3/27 0:00
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Dear Annie, I'm not sure how, or if I should, respond to the statements and accusations in your last response to me.

I still hope you will consider the concern that I raised. Thank you.

In Christ,

Christopher

2006/3/27 18:45Profile

Re:

brother Chris, if you are upset and feel there are accusations that have caused you upset, I wish you'd PM me so we could work those out.
It's not good to stay with a breech between any of us.

I know we disagree, but I feel we can agree to disagree and I don't agree with you nor you with me. On that point we probably will not move, but on personal injury that you claim, we should move to a private working out, in view of your thread title.

I have considered your concern, but I think you're not seeing mine, so how many times around on this can we go and on this thread of all threads, we shouldn't be doing this. Discernment/Apologetic ministries look into every cult, sect, occultic trends, you name it and they are and have been very useful in the Church, but you are decrying that study out of the fears you've expressed. I tried to add my "ha" in there so you would know I meant to not be "heavy".

This first starter post that you put here, was a very rendering and needed posting and I think we both would like if the focus remained there.
When presecution comes, some will appreciate the time we've had together to speak freely and not to restrict the speech of others.

Thank you.
Annie

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=category&cid=582]Discernment Research Articles.[/url]

"He that is not zealous against error, is not likely to be zealous for Truth." J.C. Ryle

2006/3/28 4:20

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy