SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : 2 cents

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Quote:
Lord I PRAY! Take off our religious masks

Ohh, may God help us in this indeed. Not directed at anyone in particular. Just want to add my voice to the prayer for transparency, honesty, and humility.

2006/3/18 16:45Profile

Re:

Joshua,

You're the one who rebuked me in that PM for posting World Missionary Press on a Revival thread, that I mentioned on the Treasures in Heaven thread.

You're going to tell me about "taking a bullet for someone" ?

Have I seen either of you lone-rangers taking a bullet for anyone of us here lately, except for each other ?

And you're going to teach us about LOVE ? After upsetting us all here just last week ?

You and Dorcas haven't cared about Unity these two weeks at all and these two posts have opened my eyes even further to how lone-rangers work.

I'm not too old to learn new things everyday here. And I've learned a lot today.

Talk is cheap and that is my conclusion to the matter.

2006/3/18 17:03

Re:

[b]THIS is what stirred up the hornets nest today on this thread.

It took some hours to pray to ask God, "What on earth has happened here ?"

Now I see .... Our burden for the lost and all that's in this post, has caused heels to be raised against this message.

God forgive us if we seek Revival without a burden for souls or see WHAT DETERMINES the Sheep from the Goats in these verses.

This was the post that caused this stirring against me or the message ?

I feel with all of my heart, it's the message of our selfish prayers, endless talk and lack of GOING OUT TO GET THEM is the problem.

We won't see Revival if we don't see and ask for [u]HIS[/u] HEART and that is in this post, that I was corrected for by 'friends'.

[u]NO[/u], Give me souls or I shall die.

These Red Verses Determine our Salvation and pleads that none of us be found on the left side of the Throne on that Day.[/b]

Quote:

MeAgain wrote:

And still the "Heart of God" for OTHERS is missing in your post, just as many who seek "this revival" are missing in Christ's Words to "go out into the highways and bi-ways and compel them to come in".

"Give me souls or I shall die" is the cry of Christ's heart and not more "talk" and self-righteous mud-slinging.

All I see in these dissertations are prayers and Scriptures aimed at "self" and not for 'The Witness' to the lost that watch our posts as we type them and are waiting out in the hospitals, and Nursing Homes, and Orphanages, and Prisons, and Homeless Shelters, and all over the globe for us to witness Christ's Love, compassion and Salvation to them.

Where is this TS and could you not find one post on that whole Revival thread that you could have used as an example of what Jesus' Heart is crying out for, or only what our own lazy, self-righteous hearts desire for spiritual glamore ?

"Love" is not mud-slinging to show what "Love" is .... it is being a sheep found in John 10 and,

[color=CC3300][b]Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Mat 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Mat 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Mat 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
Mat 25:35 For I was hungry, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Mat 25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Mat 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
Mat 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Mat 25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Mat 25:42 For I was hungry, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. [/b][/color]

2006/3/18 22:26

Re: 2 cents

Annie,

Quote:
Now I see .... Our burden for the lost and all that's in this post, has caused heels to be raised against this message.

I honestly don't think so. I was addressing a completely different part of your message to readers and was frankly amazed that you did not seem to follow what I meant by my quotes. I shall try to be clearer in future.

I don't believe [i]anyone[/i] on SI is against the salvation of souls, and/or isn't trying to fulfil the ministry the Lord has given them.

It is [u]the Lord[/u] who calls labourers into His harvest field, whether they go or not. Others, obedient to [i]their[/i] calling, are not 'wrong' [i]for not being reapers[/i]....

John 4:36
And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that [b]both he that [u]soweth[/u][/b] and [u]he that reapeth[/u] [b]may rejoice [u]together[/u][/b].

There are many other ministries and parts of the Body edifying one another in love, that it may increase - under the direction of the Head, Who is the only One who really knows who needs what; and I include myself there as one who may need something I have not yet identified....

But I'm open to hear from Him... and I [i]am[/i] listening.

Could I remind you respectfully that I was not responding to the Revival Idolatry thread which I had not, and may not, read? I was responding to [u]one post[/u], which, completely out of context, still spoke to my heart and spirit. That's all.

2006/3/18 22:50

Re:

Quote:

dorcas wrote:

I don't believe [i]anyone[/i] on SI is against the salvation of souls, and/or isn't trying to fulfil the ministry the Lord has given them.

I haven't indited the "SI" here.

Greg and others are talking Open Air etc..

No need to be "clearer" on my behalf.

Those verses in red are for all of us.

I didn't write those.

So long friend.

2006/3/18 23:06

Re:

Annie, I have something to say. But I don't want it to come off wrong. So, I will be looking forward to posting it within the next week. (7 days) I just need to make sure 'emotion' and anything of the flesh is out of the post.

May the Lord bless our hearts, so that we may above ALL love one another.

2006/3/19 1:03

Re:

A quote from Revival Idolatry ... the thread that prompted this thread.

Quote:
MeAgain wrote:
I'm "touched and brought to tears" too, when I see UNITY on here, not using other posters as a launching field for our own discources. Especially people we don't know very well.

Being One Body means a lot to me, but of late I've seen a few trying to tear at that, and God did not MOVE on the people in Acts, until they were in one accord and like minded, with One Burden. That's when the God Added to the Church daily, those that should be saved.

2006/3/19 2:24

Re:

Quote:

YeshuaIsMyGd wrote:
Annie, I have something to say. But I don't want it to come off wrong. So, I will be looking forward to posting it within the next week. (7 days) I just need to make sure 'emotion' and anything of the flesh is out of the post.

May the Lord bless our hearts, so that we may above ALL love one another.

Joshua, will you come back at me with more [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=9833&forum=44&37]"destruction"[/url] and "judgments" than all your posts and your PMs have already done to me ?

I ask you again to go back to page one and read my posts and accuse me in public of what your PMs have just said.

If a burden for the lost is my crime and not wanting to see a brother get hurt and "taking the bullet" for him, as YOU said we should do .... is wrong .... then speak on young man, speak on.

"Go into the highways and byways and compel them to come in" got lost somewhere on page one here. The two witnesses have spoken against it, so I must stand corrected now.

So be it.

2006/3/19 3:08
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

To address all the participants in general. Whatever it is that is going on here might it cease.

There is far too much of these extrapolations of others thoughts. Let the questions and explanations both be addressed and answered by the participants and not by way of long discourses of 'who' said 'what' and defenses on their behalf.

I have no way of knowing nor do I care to get in the middle of this, but if there is a misuse of PM's (emails are your own business) might it stop right here and now. If you are compelled to have a heated discussion between yourselves take it off site and away from this forum, there is no place for this and it is an abuse of the functions of this site. If you cannot say it publicly either don't say it all or go the route of emails and hash it out.

Just as well, keep the subject matter confined to the appropriate posts and threads. It is unnecessary to start new postings on continuing discussions.

2006/3/19 11:58Profile
roadsign

Re: learning to disern the older from the younger brother

I just watched a few minutes of a TV preacher and had to walk away because I got too disturbed. So I came here. I have to admit: I’d far rather read the rugged, unrefined bantering around here than listen to that slick preacher working up a lot of cheers and clapping. He had absolutely NOTHING to say. Since I’ve come here no one has upset me, but that preacher upset me! What a contrast. People here are closer to the ground, and not as polished, maybe.

Lately the Spirit has been impressing the Prodigal Parable on my mind and teaching me some brand new lessons: God is not impressed with the polished types, but he RUNS TOWARDS the messed-up ones who are coming towards him. Even BEFORE the prodigal said, “I have sinned” the Father was running towards him.

I’ve seen a lot of people here running towards God. They still wear their tattered clothes, and still smell somewhat like pigs. (Dare I include myself!)

But they are running with fervor. Their eyes have been opened and now they see that the world is not nearly as nice as they had thought. They can now smell a stinky church, whereas before they couldn’t tell. And they are very rugged in the delivery of their burden.

The challenge is to discern between the polished older brother,(who is so refined that he would never say anything that would risk a rebuke), and the prodigal, who still speaks the rugged language of his recent associates, and whose anger is being aroused as he wakes up to some cold realities.

I think that sometimes the wrong people get all the “chewing out”. (I speak generally now) Maybe it’s the refined ones, the ones who quench God’s grace who need some chewing out.

Quote:
We are "far from the Holy God" because we are self-consumed and are not "others minded". He took no thought for Himself, and if we tried that, we may see something happen in this world.

Annie, it would be nice if this is how it worked: a little knock on the head and poof, we suddenly have it right. But our divine refiner doesn’t seem to work that way. He changes us from the inside-out. And he’ll do it in his time.

Quote:
The Trumpet is the few prophets that have no problem with just sticking to the Word of God and not waiting for Christ to die again and send another Pentecost.

Sticking to the Word is not enough. They must stick to the Spirit. They are not allowed to speak out what they feel, but must wait on God to deliver the message that they received from the Spirit. I think we often see the early signs of God’s prophetic call being planted in hearts, but the words are delivered before they are fully developed and the bearer is sufficiently matured. God is still doing his lengthy refining process. I once heard that it takes twenty years to make a mature prophet. John the Baptist spent a lot of time in the wilderness being shaped by God. Can we not learn to ride the labor pains, and validate the heart burden?

JeshuaismyGod said:
Quote:
I have something to say. But I don't want it to come off wrong. So, I will be looking forward to posting it within the next week. (7 days) I just need to make sure 'emotion' and anything of the flesh is out of the post.

Joshua, Waiting seven days of before the Lord is a very mature thing to do. During seven days a lot of anger and misconceptions gets processed, and God refines the thinking and makes his ways clearer. Keep a journal of your conversations with God, the scriptures he gives you, any revelations, the words of others, and any other related thoughts or occurrences going on in your life. And when you have your final word, then lay it on the alter and be prepared for a fire. God does that sometimes. Are you willing?

Annie, I trust that you will give Joshua that space he needs, and keep praying for him.

Quote:
Just want to add my voice to the prayer for transparency, honesty, and humility.

Ooooooh This is risky praying! And humbling, because God has a tendency to start with the pray-er. But it is what we all need – unmasking our hidden fears, angers, misconceptions, desires, etc etc etc. It is the path to victory in Jesus. It is the path of the Prodigal Son.

Diane

2006/3/19 22:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy