SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Where did cain get a wife?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Greenquality

mountains of Pa.

Where did cain get a wife?

In reading the book of genesis,cain was the only one who went outfrom the presence of the Lord,and dwelt in the land called Nod.If he is the only one that is recorded that left the presence of the Lord,who is living in Nod?

2006/3/17 15:18Profile
CyberCarbon

Re: Where did cain get a wife?

His sister

2006/3/18 15:28Profile
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Don't forget, this was before the law was given. He lived so long that he may have married a great niece or great, great niece etc. because of how long he lived. Nothing says when he got married.

2006/3/18 15:50Profile
Greenquality

mountains of Pa.

I was asked this ?? being cain is the only one who is recorded of leaving God presence,who than inhabited Nod?,in where he knew his wife.as far as I get , cain and able are the only two accounted in as being the frist off spring of adam and eve, when they both come to age ((which makes me think that they are twins,)) and are ready to give offering's to God.............. when or where is there a account of cains sister being born and leaving God presence?

2006/3/18 18:02Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi Greenquality, how are you today?

Take a look at Genesis 5 and verse 4

Quote:
And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters

It does say he had daughters here. What do you think, could this explain where cain's wife came from?

Chris

2006/3/18 18:29Profile

Re:

According to our laws today, all those in the early part of creation beside Adam and Eve, would all have been jailed for incest big time! But because there was no law, marrying your sister was commonplace.

No doubt that because males were the only ones who were recognized in scriptures in regards to birth, the only assumption is that Adam and Eve had daughters before they had any sons.

Is there any place in the whole entire word of God that says, "behold you shall bring forth a daughter"? I wot not, it's sons all the way.

Now some women were used by the LORD but thats not the topic.

2006/3/18 19:03
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Since Adam and Eves offspring lived a long time 6 to 800 years or more, if you take only 600 years of productivity that is only One child every 3 years, approximately, even if Adam had only 200 son's and daughters and like now about half were daughters and half son's, and each one of the daughters after they became of age did the same. Well I think you can see what happened and Cain was able to have a wife. There was no birth control and no birth defects yet. Probably no sickness as we know it today. In a couple 100 years, well do the math, there could have been 1000s' or at least 100s' of available women for Cain to have a wife.

Without Eve and the daughters of Eve there would be no sons'. Thank you God for Eve that man does not have to be alone.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/3/18 19:13Profile
Greenquality

mountains of Pa.

Re:

I thank you all for answering,but my ??? still stands,able and cain, they both come to age and give offerings.cain kills able,cain leaves and is punished,and marked, so that know body would kill or slay him, who is out there to slay cain? if seth was born after, cain killed able right.

2006/3/18 20:37Profile
GaryE

Re:

Some people believe in a pre-Adam creation. I do not. It is my opinion that there were women being born that weren't mentioned in Genesis. The bible doesn't say how old Cain and Able were at the time of Abel's death, so they could have been a couple hundred years old when Abel was murdered. Who is to say that Abel wasn't married to one or more of his sisters and with daughters and sons born to a sister or sisters and with grandsons and granddaughters born also? In either case, it doesn't matter that much or the details of this would be written.

2006/3/18 21:33Profile
GaryE

Re:

Greenquality, if the enemy tries to put doubt into your mind about this, just remember what happened with the carpet.
;-)

2006/3/18 21:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy