Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Wasted Time

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Wasted Time

Brothers and Sisters,

I just finished reading "A Vision of the Lost" by William Booth and I feel terribly convicted. Sometimes I spend much of my time worried about being right and amassing knowledge. I have hardly spent myself in my work for Christ. I am not nearly as worried about the lost as I should be. I have friends and family that are going to hell and I haven't done enough to warn them or even love them the way I should. I am in the word a lot and talk about the way things should be, but not enough action. I don't know how to pray and I definitely don't know how to wait for the Lord. My idea of prayer has been to talk to the Lord for a few minutes and then go about my daily affairs. I am still not producing good fruit in keeping with repentance. I guess this is what Ravenhill meant by "putting a holy dissastisfaction in us tonight".

Murray

2006/3/15 12:35Profile
repentcanada

Re: Wasted Time

Amen to this murdog may we all grow in yearnings for the lost, may the Lord teach us how to pray as we ought.

2006/3/15 13:11Profile

Re: Wasted Time

Murray, You've put tears in my eyes with your open candidness.

I don't think anyone could read "A Vision of the Lost" and not be affected. God bless you for allowing that to touch you as it has.

I'm big on "doing" [u]AS[/u] we're 'praying' for our love-zeal.

I prayed and cryed for my family last year and asked a friend to pray with me, and less than a month went by, the Lord gave me the words to write to all of them in the form of one Christmas letter. It was Him doing the writing and it hit all of them in their own different way and level. 'Lots of Christmas Love' in it, with the message of The Cross in it too.

It's not like I haven't prayed and cried for them prior, but I think this time was different. Very different. His Timing.

There are a few ways you could evangelise.
If your Church has an outreach, or if there's like an outreach to the Homeless near you or a prison ministry or lost teen groups or going into Nursing Homes, ETC ,,, you just have to know how God has gifted you, on which group of people are best for you. I liked working with homeless/street people and the Elderly, but others have a burden for other types.

I also believe, if time is on our hands at nite or something, that we should all join at least one "secular" forum and slowly work our way up to the witness of Christ with them. That's a really neat outlet, if you have the spare time and no where to go.

God bless each of us to have that burden you have.

Thank you for sharing and being so completely real, on the outside.

Love.
Annie

2006/3/15 16:09
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

Thanks Annie for your encouragement and kind words. I work at a residential treatment centre for sexually abused youth and there have been kids that I have been bringing to church with me since I started a couple of years ago. My pastor has even had me lead youth group on Sundays a few times.

Five years ago I was selling drugs for the bikers and doing all kinds of other horrible things. I am now married and have two children and am expecting a third. I feel like Paul in as much as I was the chief of the sinners. It is amazing where he has brought me from.

I want to be content but never satisfied.

Murray

2006/3/15 16:28Profile

Re:

What a blessing Murray.

Comfort others wherewith you have been comforted.

Having been there too, before I was saved, the Lord usually sends us back to where we came from.

Congratulations on your third child. When is the baby due ?

You'll stay in my prayers for your ministry.

Right on Bro. :-)
Thanks for making me smile.
Sincerely.

2006/3/19 4:44
murdog

Fort Frances, Ontario

Re:

Annie,

The baby is due in October, so my wife is around ten weeks along. Thank you for your prayers. I will keep you in my prayers also. I am leaving for work right away. I will be taking the kids from the centre to church today. Looking forward to that.

Murray

2006/3/19 7:22Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy