SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Attn all scrutinizing bible experts!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
madmatg

asia

Re:

From what i've done, (just started last week) the OT survey seems like a skim over of the entire bible. I think it can be very helpful as a guide and a suppliment for reading through the entire bible which is the main porpose of this survey as stated in chap 2. I havent been able to find many colleges that offer free bible classes, and as long as their doctrine seems to be solid on the key points, and they are supporting this awesome ministry I believe i will use them(thought i know some a yall dont like them newer versions). sorry if this doesnt follow good grammer i'm kinda tired and my grammers not doin to good today. anyways have a good one

2006/3/14 13:18Profile

Re:

If you really want to learn the Bible, read thru it once from start to finish without the aids of commentaries. Then go purchase the [b]complete[/b] Matthew Henry commentary (it is several volumes) and spend the next year or so reading that from start to finish. Dont get the concise MH commentary, get the whole thing.

You'll find way more meat from Scripture and Matthew Henry than you ever will with an online Bible study, or even in most Bible colleges.

I did it a number of years ago and it revolutionized my walk with the Lord.

Krispy

2006/3/14 13:54

Re:

Quote:

Logic wrote:
Quote:

Do you not know that Doctrine is this sword that Jesus is talking about here: Matthew 10:34 "Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the world. No, I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Why do you think Jesus said Rev 2:15 So has thou also them that hold the [b]doctrine[/b] of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.

The sword or doctrine is what divides.
So doctrine is a divisive word but those who desire or seek sound doctrine are not arrogant but wise. Sound doctrine brings division in the Body by weeding out the hericies.

Quote:
Aren't we not to be so nit-picky and eat from every pasture out there ?

I will be nit-picky, but you can eat from Benny Hinns' or Kenneth Copplands' pasture if you want and I will shun that doctrine.

Quote:
Don't you know that earnestly seeking sound doctrine is going against the flow or revivals and phenomena and the such ?

Are you saying that the "laughing revival" and those that came from it like the Toronto Airport Vineyard revival or Brownsville or the Pensicola are valled? They weren't earnestly seeking sound doctrine.

The way we get along is by the unity of the Holy Spirit.
Eph 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

1Ti 1:10 for the immoral, for sexual perverts, for kidnappers, for those who lie and give false testimony or who do anything else contrary to sound doctrine.

2Ti 4:3 The time will come when people will not listen to sound doctrine, but will follow their own desires and will collect for themselves more and more teachers who will tell them what they are itching to hear.

Tit 2:1 But you must teach what agrees with sound doctrine.

Toiche Logic, I stood up and cheered you on this discourse you gave.

Very very great answer here.

Wish that were the feelings of the majority.

God Bless and remember, there were some times when even Jesus and Paul got "sarcastic" out of sheer frustration.

Neither was too gentile or mamby-pamby when it came to standing for True Truth or Sound Doctrine [u]first and foremost[/u] ... cuz without Truth, our 'love' is a counterfeit that even a hippy can duplicate.

Thanks bro and no need to feel anything but grateful that you feel this way.
But I did sorta hoped that you knew me at least a little better than that :-) .

Love and All His Best.
Annie

2006/3/14 14:07
Logic

Re:

Quote:

MeAgain wrote:

But I did sorta hoped that you knew me at least a little better than that :-) .

Love and All His Best.
Annie

I thought I did to. That is what fliped me out, I was thinking that I couldn't believe what I was reading from you. I guess I'm just not good at discerning sarchasm in writing.

But, to get back on the subject "Attn. all [b]scrutinizing[/b] bible experts!"

scru·ti·nize (skrūt'n-īz'):
tr.v., -nized, -niz·ing, -niz·es.
1) To examine or observe with great care; inspect critically.
2) To study or analyze:
3) to look at critically or searchingly, or in minute detail.

I don't know if I could call myself an expert, but I would love to be one someday.

2006/3/14 14:44Profile
coops

Re: free bible college

Wow that was an active thread... You had me scared too with that sarcasm :P Oh well, glad it's cleared up!

Thanks for your comments on the OT survey. I thought it might have been a bit simple, but have no experience with this sort of thing so I had to make sure.

However, a lot of people won't be able to delve deeply into many issues. Many dont have the literary or intellectual capacity. I have friends who would love this simpleness, and get confused by matthew henry. (thats not to say they are simple, they are just extreemly practical!!) In the end, it matters little unless we put it all into practice eh? :)

So maybe the best way for someone who wants to delve deeply into the bible, is to do this course with a suppliment. In other words, they can use this course as an overview and introduction to different things, and where teaching is sparse or not concise, they may look up commentaries and other study books specific to the issue they are investigating.

What do you think? :-)

2006/3/14 16:20Profile

Re:

Coops, sorry brother.

If you can understand, my "sarcasm" was based on a lot of what I've been hearing from some lately.

I'm hearing Love, Peace, Unity, but no doctrinal purity and the decrying of Apologetic/Discernment ministries.

There are some good ones out there, and the bad ones should not deter us from those who are risking their own safety for "our" sakes.

Love you brother and I know you practice John 16:13 and believe we must Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2Ti 2:15

Lord Bless your hunger brother.

Love.
Annie

2006/3/14 17:10
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
In other words, they dont believe we have the divine Word of God today... which is code for "use whatever version you like". I have some real issues with the Modern Versions.

No it isn't and you malign them to suggest it.

Other than some folk we have had on here who think the KJV is more inspired than the Greek... almost all conservative evangelicals would take this position. They are just saying that we do not have the autographs (originals) and that these were divinely inspired. I have some 'real issues with modern versions' too but the remedy to abuse is 'right use' not 'non-use'.

2006/3/16 18:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy