SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer Request - God's Truth

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Prayer Request - God's Truth

Hello, I'm now in a 'tough' spot.

My best friend and I received a Word from God that God is going to destroy a church within 3 years. I ended up delievering the word.

News about this is spreading like wildfire in my city. My church in some respects is receiving chastisments about it, because of my membership with them. My pastor thinks that I was in instrument of Satan on that. Also, the church 'I' condemned was the church I have/my friend has, affections for the pastors 2 daughters. (so that's tough).

I know this church somewhat well. I'm not best friends with these people but a friend none-the-less. And God spoke this to my heart. The delievery of the word was in error (and I repent of that, and will repent publicly of that) but the word itself wasn't.

So my prayer request is, that God CONFIRMS His word, with NUMEROUS witnesses, not just 2 or 3, but a PROFOUND amount, so that it's INDESPUTABLE that this word is from God.

Me and my friend are praying now, that God takes these 'judgemental' words from our lips for the next 2 years in our life. We are rejecting them completly, but for this season. "Now, is not the time."

Please Pray for us.

2006/3/9 15:02
MSeaman

Michigan

Re: Prayer Request - God's Truth

So sorry to hear you have had that experience. Unfortunately today, the only "Word from God" people want to hear is how great they are doing and how He is going to bless them with more stuff.

I hope that you will not let this experience prevent you from delivering a message from God in the future.

I will be praying with you.

2006/3/9 15:29Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

I'm not sure I understand your prayer request. Did you have a peace about this in your heart before you delievered the message? If so, God will confirm His word, as you said, within three years. Trust in Him.

If this was from a judgmental spirit you must repent and seek forgiveness.

In Christ,

Ron

2006/3/9 16:19Profile

Quote:
My pastor [u]thinks[/u] that I was in instrument of Satan on that.

Joshua,

How long did your pastor spend seeking the Lord for His wisdom before he gave you this opinion?

They are not light words, to accuse you of being used by Satan.

While it may have been fair to suggest you pray longer about whether and when to deliver a word [u]you know[/u] you have received from God, it is also fair for the more mature Christians in you church - pastor included, I hope - to understand that God is [i]intending[/i] to move in your/their neighbourhood, and to press on in the Spirit to receive from Him all the help they will need to be ready to receive it in full.

How many times did prophets in the Old Testament deliver unpalatable messages to the people? Did that make them messengers of Satan?

Even the damsel with the spirit of divination was telling the truth about Paul. The 'word of truth' doesn't necessarily come from a Christian.

As with any prophecy, you will have to wait it out... but believe the Lord will continue to use you nevertheless.... and learn from this. Don't let it do anything to you other than the Lord intended when He revealed it. GROW!

And as Ron said, 'Trust Him'.

2006/3/9 17:24

Re:

Joshua

The first time you listed your gifts on the "Discernment" thread I PM you a website and asked you to scroll down to the bottom and read those at the bottom that are listed there.

Again a second time, on your healing thread here, I asked again that you do it.

Now, because of Dorcas' reply and you not getting my drift ... by asking again "what or which should I read ?" ... I'll go that extra mile and post thoes you should read, that I had hoped you would of weeks ago when I first asked you to.

I did not want to direct you so directly to "which" and had hoped you'd allow the Lord to lead ... but maybe you have a lot on your plate in these weeks and have not had time to search it out.

I'll list a few but it would be better for you to do as I had originally asked weeks ago, to go to the "read" listings on this site and ask the Lord to direct you on what further would grow you in your gift(s).

http://www.theschoolofchrist.org/articles/reluctant.html

http://www.theschoolofchrist.org/articles/responsibility.html

http://www.theschoolofchrist.org/articles/savant.html

:-(

Love you always.
Annie

2006/3/9 20:50

Re:

Quote:

MeAgain wrote:

I did not want to direct you so directly to "which" and had hoped you'd allow the Lord to lead ... but maybe you have a lot on your plate in these weeks and have not had time to search it out.

I have SOO Much on my plate, you have no idea. (I could write a book on it all)

I try to communicate with Dorcas, but even because of my time restraines I can't even speak, or PM her. Due to ALOT of stress, and me being 'pinned against a wall'. meaning i NEED to do certain things.

THanks

2006/3/10 23:03

Re:

For everyone's concern. I'd like to say. I'd be the last one to deliever the message that I did.

1st because 'I like the pastor's daughter'. (I'm serious, she is a cool girl)

2nd I love everyone there.

3rd, my ministry concentrates more on Restoration than Judgement.

4th, I don't hate any of them, but God seemed to show His feelings on the matter.

I will be speaking with the pastor of that church in due time. Right now, I'm seeking on God's wisdom and direction on the whole matter.

About me being a 'tool of Satan' by my own pastor, I will be speaking to him about that. Because, he is making God in his own image.(God never condemns His people)

God has encouraged me about this word from Him in 2 POWERFUL ways so far, I'm still waiting for more.

But after this, for the next 2 years, I don't want to hear words like that. But after that, I will accept my full calling. Of tearing down, AND building up. Not just building up.

Blessings. Your prayers are being heard!

2006/3/10 23:08

Re:

Yes, I believe you are and have been very busy with many things ... please know we're praying for you and no need to explain.

But when you're ready to write that book, we'll be ready for it :-D . Lord Bless you friend.

2006/3/11 0:33
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Finding this all a bit peculiar and troubling. From the vagueness of first inceptions to some of the counsel and supporting of the same.

Quote:
My best friend and I received a Word from God that God is going to destroy a church within 3 years. I ended up delivering the word.

For?

Quote:
My pastor thinks that I was in instrument of Satan on that.

And you were expecting?
Quote:
The delievery of the word was in error (and I repent of that, and will repent publicly of that) but the word itself wasn't.

This is already unraveling and wrought with problems. Where do you find warrant for accidents in so called 'prophecies'?

Quote:
Me and my friend are praying now, that God takes these 'judgemental' words from our lips for the next 2 years in our life. We are rejecting them completly, but for this season. "Now, is not the time."

'[i]We are rejecting them completly, but for this season.[/i]'

Is there a [i]not[/i] missing here, "not rejecting" ?

I am frankly more troubled that there is no scriptural counsel here whatsoever. There is no scriptural reasons, actually, no reasons regardless given in the first place [b]for[/b] this so called "word" and the ready counselors are apt to defend and lend support without any testing? ... Have all the Bereans fled? This is just nonsensical and am bemused that some of us who ought to know better are offering up such counsel, with such ease, to such a thing as [i]"... that God is going to [u]destroy[/u] a church within 3 years[/i]"

2006/3/11 10:48Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Yikes brother, the more you say about this the more uneasy I feel.

Quote:
1st because 'I like the pastor's daughter'. (I'm serious, she is a cool girl) 2nd I love everyone there. 3rd, my ministry concentrates more on Restoration than Judgement. 4th, I don't hate any of them, but God seemed to show His feelings on the matter.

What do any of these things matter if God has sent you?

Quote:
About me being a 'tool of Satan' by my own pastor, I will be speaking to him about that. Because, he is making God in his own image.(God never condemns His people)

Doesn't this seem contradictory to you? You have told a church that God will destroy them within three years, wasn't that condemnation?

Quote:
God has encouraged me about this word from Him in 2 POWERFUL ways so far, I'm still waiting for more.

How powerful could those ways have been if you posted here specifically to request prayer for more confirmation of what you have said. Again, if this was indeed from the Lord He will confirm it in His time.

Quote:
But after this, for the next 2 years, I don't want to hear words like that. But after that, I will accept my full calling. Of tearing down, AND building up. Not just building up.

This doesn't sound like you have much faith in what was said. You'll only accept His calling if He makes you look good on this one?

Perhaps a lack of details has me confused, I hope that is the case.

In Christ,

Ron

2006/3/11 11:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy