SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Grave Side Service

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
disciplejosh

Southern California

Grave Side Service

Please pray for me this afternoon, 3pm PST, as I will be doing the grave side service for a street lady who was run over by a truck last tuesday here in escondido. Her name was Janet. Most if not all of her family are not saved. I pleaded with Janet for two years. She faithfully came to church in the park on Saturday, and bible study most Fridays...but as far as I know she never yielded to the Lord. Bittter...just straight bitter.

I always saw Janet as Mary Magdalene. Prostitiute, demon-posessed, but Jesus was the one who could save and set her free. But her burden seemed to great for God to forgive at times, other times she sat and marveled at the possibility of God forgiving.

Pray for me, please, that the Lord will speak through me, and to them.

2006/3/7 13:39Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: Grave Side Service

I pray the Lord would give you wisdom and annointing.

2006/3/7 13:59Profile

Dear Lord, thank You for Josh's witness to Your saving grace and faithfulness. Thank you for the love he showed Janet and for the ways You may have been able to draw her closer to Your heart before she died. Help Josh with this difficult task this afternoon, and speak clearly through him, as He leans on you for the right words and the right order in which to give them. Please clarify to his heart what you want him to say, and what not to say, and give him great peace as he follows your leading in the very hour of his need. Help him to trust Your judgement as he speaks, and to press on from point to point, with great economy of precision. Thank You, Lord, for Your unerring wisdom. May Your Name be greatly glorified in Escondido, today, according to Your will. Amen.

2006/3/7 14:00
bibleScholar

God bless Josh in his speaking.

And God bless Janet- may she come to know Christ in all his fullnes.

2006/3/7 15:29Profile

Amen brother Josh, will be praying today and from now on for your ministry.

Amen with the prayers above.

Amen

2006/3/7 15:33
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Adding mine as well Josh ...

2006/3/7 15:44Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Offering my prayers before the Lord also.

2006/3/7 18:14Profile
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re: THANK YOU

Thank each one of you who were praying for me and those at Janet's grave side service. The Lord opened the door with a few hearts there and I look forward to the near future to be able to meet with these individuals and share the gospel with them again.

There were also a few christians that are intimately involved in the backround of Janet's life that had been praying for her for a long many years. God is so faithful to leave us without excuse come the day when we stand before Him.

Thanks agin, everyone. Great to know that I can post something like this and know as I stand next to death and stare dead souls in the face that brothers and sisters are praying.

2006/3/8 12:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy