Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Zimbabwe Running Out of Wheat

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

I used to be of the pre-trib persuasion, but then as I looked at scripture, and put away what man had taught me, I have now come to believe more of a post-trib view.
Sadly, i think that most people who believe that they will be raptured away will fall away when they see the antichrist who thay were told they would not see. I think that this is a wonderful strategy of satan to get people to question the Bible when they would need it the most!
With that being said, I do not think that we should bicker and divide over it, just simply be sure we are rooted and grounded upon Christ Himself, and then we shall make it through any storm that comes our way. Like Noah in the ark, he wasn't delivered from the judgement, rather he was delivered through the judgement.

Quote:
for those of us who have been scourned and ridiculed for speaking what the Lord has told us to speak concerning the coming hardships, the Lord shall prove His word spoken through us is true. but more importantly those that are really sold out to Him will come out of the shadows and cause His glory to shine throughout the earth.AMEN.

I say AMEN as well, and ask have you listened to Wilkerson's message "the Vision". It is very much in line with these things about to come.
Be blessed, and shine forth!!!

2006/3/6 17:37Profile
suzy

Devon, England

Re: Zimbabwe and Mozambique

I love Africa and Zimbabwe is a beautiful country that I have visited; it has been ruined by the rule of the megalomaniac, Robert Mugabe, who has ruled for the last 26 years (something like that). He is blaming the current shortage of food for his country, as well as other things on the British and the Americans!! I heard him on the radio!

I have prayed and I will continue to do so for the removal of this dreadful man who hates his fellow countrymen if they don’t vote for him or they are not his tribe. He got rid of most of the white farmers, handed the land over to his thugs who had no idea what to do, so nothing has been planted for several years. Many innocent people have been brutalised and imprisoned, as well as starved, especially if they did not belong to his political party. A few months ago he was removing people from their homes under false pretences, saying they were ‘squatters’ or some such nonsense, and bulldozing their homes and belongings … and if they became homeless, foodless or got killed … well, tough! It’s not his problem! In fact, these people were living in accommodation provided by Mugabe's people having been removed from somewhere else.

I have several friends who live there; I used to get weekly emails from them. That’s stopped – no electricity probably, so no internet access. I don’t think anything can be much worse than Mugabe for the dear people of Zimbabwe.

Zimbabwe is not the only country in East Africa to be foodless. I am quoting now from an email to us from missionary friends who work in a remote area of Mozambique who sent a rare appeal for money for starving people.

“The issues are an appeal for funds to help feed a starving community across the river and also …... Let me start with the food relief fund:

Last week I went to visit Manuel who lives in a village across the river Zambezi. Manuel was one of our students in last year's Discipleship Training School. He is a pastor of a small congregation there. As always, when we got there, we were well received. They fed us rice and chicken - the standard Mozambican welcome. After exchanging all the pleasantries, Manuel told me that the people in his community were starving and surviving on grass seed. He showed me the grass that the people were harvesting for food. He also explained that the reason for this was that last year was a very bad year and many people did not harvest anything. As a result, World Food Program were helping feeding people but unfortunately for Manuel's community, they live right on the of the border of two provinces so they are in no-man's land - the food aid has passed them by. It would be a big battle to convince the officials of either province that they are eligible for food aid.

The grass they are eating is called kunde in the local language. They eat the grain which vaguely looks like rice but very small which means that it takes forever to collect enough to feed a family - and usually there just isn't enough. I asked if it was good to eat and the answer was that eating it was not a problem as they were starving, but the challenge was to pass it out. For some reason, once the flour made out of this grass grain is eaten, it hardens and becomes very hard to pass out.”

If this is happening in one small ‘insignificant’ village, how many more times is this multiplied?

These huge topics leave me speechless really. We need to pray for God to have mercy on the people of this wonderful continent, to be rid of dreadful rulers, and to give them rain and enough food and harvest - the basic necessities of life. May we always be grateful for our food and water.

Sue

2006/3/6 17:57Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro roaringlamb
i agree, yea and AMEN. we should indeed be sure we are rooted in Christ so that when those who fall away do so, we won't lose heart but strive on for God's glory till the work is done and we really do get to go home.

i've not yet listened to the message but i was going through his sermons looking for it...i'll get a hold of it.

i'd never thought of noah being saved through the judgement, it was always "from it" something to chew on.

God bless bro

2006/3/6 20:52Profile
Ropafadzo

Harare, Zimbabwe

Re:

Trully when the rest is gone we run to God. He is a solid refuge for all who are in pain and are bereft of what else to do. Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus.

I am resident in Zimbabwe and I feel that the Lord's mercy is a sufficient thing. It is one thing to hear of a bad thing and still it is another to leave through it. I love Zimbabwe. I love this country to bits and on this day I can't stop to thank the Lord for all that we in Zimbabwe are still able to enjoy. It is a beutiful country, in more ways than one. I have yet to go elsewhere in Africa and the world but I am convinced that if ever there was a land with potential Zimbabwe is it. Yet I concur to the previous post that prays for Africa to be rid of all bad leadership and other man made sufferings. For trully without these scourges, the world would be knowing this country more for its educated population, more for its chioce beef, more for its sculpture and other works of art than tyranny and manslaughter.

God have mercy on Zimbabwe. I would want to pray more not for those who fled the country, (it's sad) but for the young children of this land who will never know what sanity means. Our children will never know what it means to have enough to eat in the home, to have a decent home to go to after school. And they will never know the feel of decent schools. They will never know what a wrong is...because of the tyranny currently in Zimbabwe. May God have mercy on us.

There is a queer way by which the Human body learns to accept, accept the wrongs, turn the logic around and just pass anything off for what it is when faced with no opton. We have become used in this land to prices that change at check-out. We have passed it off as normal that we have no gas to run our cars, our economy. We have passed it off as normal to have no cash in the banks, normal to have no power no water in the taps and no drugs in the hospitals. We have passed it off as normal because we are not allowed to say these things. Stories abound of people who have been taken off buses by the secret police, killed by known thugs, purged out of communities by known 'activists' because they dare say that this country is run down. so we have passed it off as normal, we are better of like that than in warzones. We are better off like that than being insane. We have passed it off as normal because we have known God and feared Him better than Mugabe. WE are doing what God wants us to in these situations and He is sustaining us.

2006/3/7 8:17Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Pray for the saints in Zimbabwe

Hello all

This article may be a shock for many, but if you live in Zimbabwe you read this kind of thing in the papers everyday. It is so easy to get swept up into a complaining and critical spirit and this is exactly what the enemies plan is for the nation of Zimbabwe. The more we murmur the more we move away from God’s blessing. For me, I try not to read the papers anymore because the papers here for the most part are written and motivated by fear and rebellion.

May the prayers for Zimbabwe be first aimed at the saints that they do not grow weary in well doing. The atmosphere is so negative and heavy, you have to pray that much harder jus to stay afloat as fruit-bearing Christian. Now for us (and I am convinced for the rest of the world in short while) the following scriptures need to be more than a cliché:

Who can separate us from the love of Christ? Can affliction or anguish or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: Because of You we are being put to death all day long; we are counted as sheep to be slaughtered. No, in all these things we are more than victorious through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing will have the power to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord! (Romans 8:36-39)

And this is the wisdom of God, even of our Lord Jesus Christ, it is the yoke which is light for those who are yielded to Him, and this is what He says to us:

“Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;” (Mathew 5:43-44)

I am convinced that there is no power except that which is from above, and our leaders could have no power over us except it had been given to them from on high. If we murmur against and criticize those in power, we also murmur against God. And though it may seem to the natural eye that we are being crucified for nothing, there is a higher wisdom for the suffering of the saints, “Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain. Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh. Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door. Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience. Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.” (James 5:7-11)

Gabriel

2006/4/7 3:05Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy