Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Blake wrote:

Quote:
Every Christian has testimonies of how Christ has been at work in their life. We all have answered prayers and much more. What truly speaks to them is the love of Christ in us. Tell them about the real life experiences you have in your relationship with Christ. Tell them about answered prayers. Let them see your joy and peace. Let them see how Christ has changed your life. And most of all, let them feel loved.

I agree. Arguing is fruitless. Testimony is fruitful.

In Christ
Jeff

2006/4/28 12:09Profile
boomatt

fredericksburg, Virginia

Re:

I had an experience a couple of weeks ago at the gas station with a couple of JW's.

I just showed them love and listened to what they had to say. They try to trick you to believe that they are like all christians at first, then they slowly push their little doctrine into you.

I saw that the first minute they started to talk to me. She came up to me and gave me a tract and told me that they are out encouraging bible reading. Of course, I thought at first they were real chrstians till I saw Watchtower on the tract. I told he I was a christian, and just wanted to ask her a couple of questions.

I told her to read REV 1:8, REV 1:11,REV 22:13. I asked who they thought the word was talking about. She said Jehova God. Then I told her to read REV 1:17-18 and asked her what she thought about that..... She stopped and didnt say anything. The word proves over and over that Jesus is the Christ.

It just takes a lot of prayer, and studying.
Just make sure you show Love, that can mean a lot to anyone. Dont try to boast or show that you are better than them( I used to do that) and that doesnt work at all.

I hope this helps,

God Bless

2006/4/28 13:44Profile
nacl

Babylon

Re: tools

I wanted to share with all of you who may be interested a tool that the Lord has given me for use in conversations with Jehovah's Witness doctrine.

This is straight scripture compiled specifically for the purpose of defending the faith that was once delivered unto the saints, and specifically against the false doctrine of Witnesses and Mormons.

I begain writing scriptural defenses when Mormon missionaries started "visiting" my college dorm in 2001, and the list I am posting below has been under construction since then, evolving and growing with further encounters with truth and lies.

I pray that this is helpful to someone. It has been priceless to me, as has been the learning process that God has taken me through.

One God: Is.43:10-11, 44:6,8, 45:5,6,21-22, 46:9; 1Ki.8:60; 1Chr.17:20; Ps.85:10; Deu.32:39; 1Cor.8:4
Jehovah , Mighty God: Jer.32:18; Is. 10:21
Jesus Christ, Mighty God: Is.9:6; Ps.50:1
Jehovah only Savior: Is.43:11,45:21; Hos.13:4
Jesus Christ, Savior: 1Jo.4:14; 2Pe.1:1, 11, 2:20, 3:18; Joh. 4:42; Tit.1:4, 2:13, 3:6; Lu.2:11; Is. 63:8-9
Salvation in Jesus name only: Acts 4:12
Jehovah 1st & last: Is.41:4, 44:6; Rev.21:6
Jesus 1st & last: Rev.1:11,17, 22:13; [Col.1:18]
Jesus Christ, Almighty: Rev.1:5-8
Jehovah alone worshipped: Mat.4:10; Lu.4:8
Jesus Christ worshipped: Mat.8:2, 9:18, 14:33, 15:25, 20:20, 28:9,17; Mk.5:6; Lu.24:52; Joh.9:38; Heb.1:6
Jehovah from everlasting: Hab.1:12; Ps. 90:2, 93:2
Jesus from everlasting: Mic.5:2
Jesus equal with God: Phil. 2:5-8; Joh.1:1, 10:30, 17:5 [Is.42:8]; Rom.14:10&12; 1Jo.3:16,5:20
Jehovah forgives sin: Ps.103:2-3, Mark 2:7
Jesus forgives sin: Mark 2:5
God manifested in the flesh: 1Tim 3:16
Jesus resurrected bodily: Lu.24:39
Holy Ghost called God: Acts 5:3-4, 9
Holy Ghost speaks: Joh.16:13; Acts 8:29, 10:19, 11:12, 13:2, 21:11; Rev.2:7,11,17,29, 3:6,13,22
Holy Ghost forbids: Acts 16:6-7
Holy Ghost grieved: Eph. 4:30
Holy Ghost vexed: Is.63:10
Holy Ghost searches & has knowledge: 1 Cor.2:10-11
Personality of Holy Ghost: Is.10:13; 2Cor.13:14
Jehovah called "Spirit of the Lord": 2 Cor.3:17
Triune Godhead: 1Jo.5:7; 2Cor.13:14, Matt.28:19, [Eph.4:4-6; 1Cor.12:4-6]
Saved by grace, not works: Eph. 2:8-9; Tit.3:5
Judgment after death: Heb. 9:27

I actually have this exact layout printed on a small piece of paper that I keep in both my pocket Bible (you never know when you may need it) and in my regular sized home Bible. I add to it as the Lord shows me.

I hope that the structure is understandable to everyone. Like I said, it is put together specifically to answer the false doctrines of Witnesses (mainly) and Mormons, so that is how I set it up.

I'd love to write more, but I gotta get ready to go to the local assembly. God bless you all!

D.

2006/4/30 15:05Profile
nacl

Babylon

re: tools

Perhaps I should apologize for continually bringing this subject/thread up, but I feel strongly about the perpetuation of Watchtower lies. With warmer weather coming (at least in the Northern Hemisphere), Witnesses will be out in droves, peddling those cursed lies. O, that we could all be prepared to snatch the unwary as brands from the fire!

I wanted to present another helpful resource in this area. The Interactive Bible website has a great JW section with information I haven't seen anywhere else. Along with Walter Martin, this site is a must see.

You can get started at http://www.bible.ca/jw.htm
The "Deceptive Quoting" link is unparalleled, dealing with the Watchtower booklet "Should You Believe in the Trinity". To quote the webpage

Quote:
When a Jehovah’s Witness reads our top ten list, they either conclude the Watchtower organization engages is satanic quoting practices, or become dishonest themselves!

www.bible.ca is a great website all around.

Forgive me for talking too much, as I am prone to do. Be blessed!

D.

2006/5/1 15:01Profile
boomatt

fredericksburg, Virginia

Re:

Now I dont like to promote websites too often (But I do for SI :-) ), but www.witforjesus.org is a great tool for using as a reference for JW's as well as Mormons. They are Cult experts, so I hope this resource benefits you all.

I pray I will be able to witness to as many JW's as the lord leads me to this summer. It took me a while to finally get to witness to one, and I thank god for that waiting, because I realized that I still had maturing to do in the Lord before I showed them the scriptures. Before, I would have just been bitter and angry at them, but that will turn them away in a matter of seconds. But now that I am maturer(I dont even know if that is a word?), I was able to witness with the love of christ.

May Christ use all of us in a mighty way this summer and the years to come to proclaim the good news of jesus christ.

God bless all bros and sis 8-) 8-)

2006/5/1 16:14Profile
BRudel

USA-West/mountain state

Re: How I handle JW

Greetings:

When I have encountered these people, I refuse them permission to talk to me about anything. But, I say, I will pray with you until we are of like minds. Come in and let's not talk, let's pray.
They have always left. But, I am still praying. Thanks.

Best regards,
-BRudel

2006/5/1 21:37Profile
tinluke

New England USA

Re: my 2 cents

I had an interesting experince when a JW showed up at my door on day. There were 2 JW a husband and wife team. First the wife came to the door while the husband waited behind. Apparently this was some kind of training exercise. After a few minutes of "discussing" scripture the husband decided to join our conversation.

I was feeling very uneasy and knew that Christ wasn't being glorfied. So I began to pray and invited them to pray with me. Just a simple prayer I said something like "Lord we are all here because we want to know the truth please reveal the truth to us."

Then I began to pray to myself beacuse I just didn't know what else to say at that point. When debating scipture didn't work I simply gave the Glory to Jesus and His Holy
Spirit for revealing Himself to me. I would say things like;
"I know Jesus is the Lord because He has reveled Himself to my through His Holy Spririt." Basically every question I responed to about Jesus went right back to the Holy Spirit.

Finanly the husband asked, "You talk about the Holy Spirit alot, how could such a small, quiet, insignficant thing change your life and show you God."

My response was "The Holy Spirit is a mightly rushing wind, an all consuming fire, the very Spirit on the Livinig God!!" If you think the Holy Spirit is a small, inisginificant thing then you obvioiusly don't know Him." He thought about my response for a moment then said "Well I guess I don't." And with that he said his goodbye and left.

I pray for that man and his wife sometimes. I just pray that my words provoke him to seek the TRUTH! Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life!!

I believe that a seed was planted that day and Jesus was untimitly glorified because I gave up on human wisdom and relied on the Holy Spirit to reveal the TRUTH.

2006/5/1 22:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy