SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Modest Woman vs. The Strange Woman

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Ha Diane, I read your post earlier, when I wasn't fully awake.
All I saw was "Look again Annie" and I thought you had prayed for me and that I should look out the window or something and you all were here or Handy Maids Service .... Then I thought, "Ah, no, that wouldn't be" ... so I wanted to go into the kitchen to see if I had a "Dishwasher" miraculously sitting in there.
Another reality check "Ah, no."

Oh well, you could pray though, not only do I not have a dishwasher, but now the stove blew out some weeks ago and the nuke-a-lizer (or 'radiate-er') otherwise known as a microwave, blew last year, so cooking has been a challenge for the cognitively impaired here. HO !

All things in moderation I suppose.

I wear baggy dresses and slacks and blouces, so I completely agree, that woman should dress so that only their husband knows if they're fat or not.

God Bless SI posters !!!

2006/3/2 15:17
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Annie,
Some have explained the handmaidens as being our modern conveniences: like washers, dryers, modern kitchen equipment, etc., etc. Only problem is they can't talk back at us! They work faithfully day in day out then bingo! they quit and we get all bent out of shape...Me thinks ALL of my appliances should last as long as I do! For some reason they do not know that and I don't know how to impress this fact on them!

ginnyrose

2006/3/3 1:19Profile

Re:

"Some have explained the handmaidens as being our modern conveniences"

ginnyrose, I think this is part the reason I have taken to Elisabeth Elliot.
She would have never said this.
She's never taken to "kitchen work". Ha.

I believe she said that Lars does most of the cooking.
Smart woman ~ GOOD man.

My husband had poor judgment but 'once', to buy me a household appliance for a Holiday.
I still have the picture of me "smiling", holding a coffee maker.

I laugh, because when our company left who had shot that photo, my poor husband wished he had just gone to Dunkin Donuts for his evening coffee. Ha.

This morning was funny though. I must wake up like an 90 year old with a 5 year old's faith.
I really thought something had happened when I read Diane's first words.

I better get out the "coffee maker" First, Before I come on line. I may give myself a heart attack one of these days.

Thanks for the consolation.

:-D

2006/3/3 2:05
sj

off topic sorry

Hi, Meagain,
I just wanted to say thanks for your response to my post that was pulled. I appreciate it.

2006/3/3 8:27Profile
roadsign

Re: off topic sorry

Annie, I'm sorry to have given you a "false" hope, and placed undue stress on you so early in the morning. I'm also sorry about your dishwasher, stove and microwave failing you. That sounds like a nightmare! Thankfully you can "hire" some maidservants who work in the food companies and buy something ready made - oh what a grand choice you have..... (all you need is $$$) And, you don't even have to go out and pull a carrot from the garden or pick dandilion greens.

Dear Lord, please provide for Annie's needs - just like you so graciously provided the spring of water for Hagar in the desert. Send Annie your ministering "angels"! And open her eyes so that she can see your miracles.

Ginnyrose said:

Quote:
Me thinks ALL of my appliances should last as long as I do! For some reason they do not know that and I don't know how to impress this fact on them!

Makes me wonder who are really the "maidservants". Maybe we women are serving the big manufacturing industries - and making rich people richer. I've been told that there is a reason they make these appliances to wear out so fast. So you will keep buying more!

Diane

2006/3/3 8:43Profile

Re:

Thanks Diane.

Ya see, that is 'why' I thought I should look out when I woke up ... because I 'knew' you've been praying for my health to be healed for so long and I wouldn't have doubted if there were a dishwasher sitting in the middle of the kitchen ... ha ... you can laugh, but I really did think this 'because' of your prayers.

Just pray over my 'puter. May be moderating on a forum for the chronically ill on their 'anxiety' board. It's split up there for many several diseases, but I want the anxiety board. They let me have my scripture sig there and am reasonably free to slip in Jesus :-D .

Appliances don't matter to me HA ... I trained to live in a tent and loved cooking out on the fire to be a missionary and actually enjoyed that type life a lot. Less IS better ... truthfully.

Love you and thank you for the encouragement.
God Bless you !

2006/3/3 14:03
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Diane,
I think you got that right! We are serving the manufacturing companies...and they do have built in obsolescence!

The old people used to say that with all of our modern conveniences we have less time then we ever did. Seems to me what has happened is we get more accomplished in a day and we push for more and more...

There are still SOME appliances I would not want to do with out, like an automatic clothes washer. Mom talks of the time how her mother used to wash once a week and clothes were worn more then one day! (Dad used to fuss when I was a child and thought it was not necessary for me to change into a clean dress every day!!) By the end of the week, her dads socks were so stiff he had to 'rub' them before he could put them on! In the summer my farmer grandfather would go barefoot, although I never saw him do that...by that time there were less people in the house and the laundry was considerably less.

Appreciate your appliances now?!! lol

ginnyrose

2006/3/4 14:26Profile
roadsign

Re: Annie's new job

Quote:
but I want the anxiety board.

This is the place for you Annie - the place for you to use your giftedness with words. You have a way of dissolving anxiety - just by the warm funny thoughts that spontaneously burst out of you. That can be the best medicine.

God bless your ministry!!!
Diane

2006/3/4 15:13Profile
roadsign

Re: lots of "maids" but still too busy

Quote:
By the end of the week, her dads socks were so stiff he had to 'rub' them before he could put them on! In the summer my farmer grandfather would go barefoot

Ginnyrose, I have to laugh when I read this. Whether it's true or not, it's a great mind adjuster. .. and some good words for Annie, who is appliance-deprived right now.

I think a lot of our busy-ness is because so many of us want as much of this life that we can get. And there is so much to offer.

.. Oh, but I hate to pass by an opportunity, an item on sale, another convenience..... a show....

Diane

2006/3/4 15:18Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Hey, Diane, if you just stay home you can do all this shopping via the computer! Saves on gas, too! lol

Now I must get to working my maidens..I have guests coming for dinner tomorrow!

ginnyrose

2006/3/4 16:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy