SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ravenhill's Tombstone

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
saltlicker20

Grand Saline, TX

Ravenhill's Tombstone

Today I went walking in Garden Valley, TX.

A nice young lady at the Teen Mania Ministries there directed me to the Garden Valley Cemetary where I fell to my knees in front of the tombstone that read "Leonard Ravenhill" "Are the things you are living for worth Christ dying for?"

And looking up, directly behind Ravenhill's marker, in the middle of three names read "Keith Green".

Today was one of the more humbling and awe-inspiring days of my life...two giants of the modern faith who sought first the Kingdom in all things...I am so far from those guys...just..Amazing

2006/2/25 16:39Profile

Re: Ravenhill's Tombstone

Thank you for sharing this SL. It brought tears.

Night before last ... I came on here and I was feeling really discouraged and down and as I left the Index page, I clicked on the big top banner and saw Keith Green smiling at me from the Homepage.

I can't tell you what that did for me.
He was there for me 30 years ago, and he was there for me when I hit a bad low the other nite ... that's just how it felt.

We used to get his newsletter when Leonard Ravenhill and David Wilkerson all lived down in Texas and would write articles in the Newsletter.

Now that two are gone, as you implied, they still inspire us on, so that one day, we'll see them smiling in person again.

Thanks for this uplift. I needed it again.

2006/2/25 17:50

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy