SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : tithing

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
caleb2000

tithing

My wife and I tithe and we have been amazed at how God has blessed us. We should not able to afford to live on one income and we should not have been able to purchase a home, but God made the way possible. One time we had no money for groceries and an empty fridge and someone out of the blue repaid an old $400 debt. We believe in tithing. We also realized that when we had stepped away from the church that God wanted to be in, blessings stopped. When we returned we were also amazed at the blessings that came.

2006/2/24 11:36Profile
freedbyjc

Jacksonville. Florida

Re: tithing Blessings

GOD IS SO GOOD! I too have been mightily blessed.

We were staggered under a mountain of credit card debt [+$50k] when I discovered the issue of tithing. Out of love, we immediately started to obey God's command to love our neighbors by returning to God our small [10%] offering.

Within a month, he was able to give me a word about a program that assisted us out of the hole while allowing us to honor God by honoring our comittments to our creditors. That has allowed us to now give with the heart of Jesus and go above the worldly numbers to giving generously and as He allows us to discern the need.

I pray daily that one day I'll be blessed with the opportunity to deliver a 'reverse tithe' into God's storehouse on a regular basis.

2006/2/24 11:57Profile
freedbyjc

Jacksonville. Florida

Re:

BTW ... 'reverse tithing' is living off of the 10% and giving 90% to honor and glorify HIM!

2006/2/24 11:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy