SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Richard Wurmbrand and Voice of the Martyrs

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Richard Wurmbrand and Voice of the Martyrs

Greetings brothers and sisters,

I am new here in terms of membership however I have been benefiting from the resources for several months now. During this time I have been especially blessed by the testimony of Richard Wurmbrand and subsequently by the ministry he founded called Voice of the Martyrs.

I would love to be able to share this blessing so please allow me to bring these messages that are so wonderfully available to us free of charge, to your attention.

As a bit of background, Pastor Wurmbrand and his wife were kidnapped after the Communists invaded Romania in(1945?). Pastor Wurmbrand spent 14 years in Communist prison and endured terrible tortures for his Christian witness. I think his wife spent around ten years in prison also. In these messages he relates in some detail the tortures that were inflicted upon him and others there and the grace of God that sustained them, even when their minds were so drugged that nearly all memory of Scripture was gone. Perhaps most glorious is that he relates how Christ's love won out over such cruelty.

Truely here is a testimony to the reality of the risen Christ and His victory over all the powers of darkness.

If memory serves, my first encounter with these messages was "The Beauty of Nothing."

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=50

May God richly bless you by these messages and may our hearts be enlarged by God to stand with our suffering brethren today.

For Him,

Christopher

2006/2/20 18:40Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Richard Wurmbrand and Voice of the Martyrs

Christopher,

In my opinion, Richard and his wife, Sabrina, are modern day heroes. They have endured a LOT for the faith. Both were born Jewish and did not come to Christ until after they were married. I would encourage anyone to read their writings. Makes us moderns look like wimps!

Quote by Bro. Wurmbrand: Communist torture cannot kill you if God does not want you dead!

ginnyrose

2006/2/20 19:30Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Ginnyrose, amen to everything you said! :-)

I loved that qoute.

2006/2/20 19:46Profile

Re: Voice of the Martyrs

I have also been greatly blessed by Richard and Sabina Wurmbrand. Every month our church usually goes to Voice of the Martyrs and volunteers at the warehouse. It is a wonderful ministry opportunity for anyone within driving distance of Bartlesville, Oklahoma (near Tulsa).
VOM's monthly newsletter is very informational about what is happening now to our persecuted brothers and sisters across the world.

~Joy

2006/2/21 17:46
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: VOM

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=50]The Beauty of Nothing[/url]

I need to hear this again.

[b]Description:[/b] Pastor Wurmbrand shares his experiences in jail for 14 years by the communists. He shares a specific facet of his testimony which was the nothingness they were faced with in jail. No bibles, No fellowship, No communion, No sound. But admist this all the Lord Jesus Christ revealed himself to the prisoners and allowed them to experience him and even take communion. This message will stir you out of apathy and grumbling over our little issues in life that are nothing in comparision with what this brother went through. May this message show us the needs to pray and support the persecuted church. "It is a shame to be a luke-warm Christian".

2006/2/21 23:05Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: The Beauty of Nothing

Hi crsschk,

Can you imagine being in such conditions? Time and again in following after Christ I have been confronted with the reality that [i]adversity reveals the hidden things[/i] of a man.

Myself included.

I was standing outside 30th street station not long ago here in Philadelphia, it was a pretty cold day and I was waiting around before my train arrived. There are some huge light fixtures outside the main edifice to the station and looking up at them I was so thankfull for the soft light they emited. It was such a simple thing but nevertheless I was thankfull in my heart. I thanked God for light. Something I'm not sure I had ever done before.

To Roniya,

That is great that you are able to serve there! What a privledge we have to serve others and especially those who are in chains for Christ's sake. I am just now starting to write to those they have adresses for and my wife and I are thinking about participating in the Bibles unbound program they just started. It is hard to imagine so many of our family are without God's word.

Richest blessings in Christ,

Christopher

2006/2/22 18:28Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

ChrisJD wrote:

thinking about participating in the Bibles unbound program they just started.

Chris, I guess I am too tired to check it out, but could you please tell me what this is and what it entails?

Thank-you!
ginnyrose

2006/2/22 18:41Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Bibles Unbound

Hi Ginnyrose, I'd be happy to.

It works like this: our brothers and sisters in a particular(restricted) part of the world gather names and adresses from their local communities and then those who participate in the program(for instance Christians here in the west) will have the opportunity to actually mail [i][b]them[/b][/i] New Testaments in their own language.

I think VOM will handle most of the logistical aspects of it, including the providing the Bibles.

And I think there is actually some follow up in terms of the actual people that recieve the Bibles you send. It sounds like a really great way of getting involved. :-)

Here's the web adress...

http://www.biblesunbound.com/qry/mc_home.taf

Christopher

2006/2/22 19:14Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: The Return(video)

Have you all ever heard stories about how the house of some famous skeptic was bought by a Bible society after their death and was then being used to print the Bible? If true, they are certanly powerfull testimonies.

In the video The Return, you can see a real life modern example of such a story! I was amazed that about 23 minutes into this video, you can see actual footage of Richard Wurmbrand standing in one of the cells at the place where he was held in solitary confinement for 3 years. What is more amazing is that the room was being used to hold materials for Voice of The Martrys!

Incredible.

As if that wasn't enough, later on in the video there is footage of Sabina Wurmbrand sharing the Gospel of our salvation in a prison in which she herself was once held!

Quote:
The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=8485

May God be praised.

2006/3/5 9:41Profile

Re:

I was just at Voice of the Martyrs yesterday and heard that they are sending out 12,000 Bibles every month in the Bibles Unbound program! They are currently sending Bibles into three different countries. But they eventually hope to send them into eight countries (I think it's eight).
Probably those who are a part of this program receive updates and have more details than these. But it was just something interesting that I heard and thought I would pass it on.
Praise the Lord that the Word of God is being sent forth.
"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

Is anyone on here a part of the Bibles Unbound?

2006/9/16 19:07

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy